Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS from 0,29 € / month - BudgetVM.host now online! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS from 0,29 € / month - BudgetVM.host now online!

Comments

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

@bleidd said:
    Furthermore you're trying to deny obvious things about your crappy payment restrictions instead of accepting that and stating it in your ad, which will make it fair.

Nowhere does it claim that the service can be tested for this amount of invest.
    What we could do is state the minimum charge somewhere on the website, but I don't see any misleading advertising or even fraud here!

• I think fraud is really the wrong term as per my understanding this would be the case if it says "pay now 2,99€" and 5€ are charged instead.
    I agree though, it could be made more obvious that 5€ is the minimum deposit. A minimum deposit is quite common (guess e.g. DigitalOcean has this). The fee construction for PaySafeCard is also a bit misleading. If I want to charge 10€ and enter it into the field, the fee is added to this. My PSC is only loaded with 10€ so I need to go back and calculate myself how much I may enter so that after the fee it's 10€. .. complicated.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Low-end desires, high-end morals.

@webcraft said:
    The fee construction for PaySafeCard is also a bit misleading. If I want to charge 10€ and enter it into the field, the fee is added to this. My PSC is only loaded with 10€ so I need to go back and calculate myself how much I may enter so that after the fee it's 10€. .. complicated.

I'm really sorry about that.
    I discussed this at length with our accounting department during the implementation, but unfortunately no one seems to use PSC or similar, so it went a bit wrong.

I'll see if I can change the calculation without breaking anything in the accounting system.

• @webcraft said: I think fraud is really the wrong term as per my understanding this would be the case if it says "pay now 2,99€" and 5€ are charged instead.

It's exactly the case.
    I want to try this service or even buy one year of it for 0,29/2.99 EUR, which was advertised by BudgetVM. And they want to charge me 5 EUR instead, making me pay almost two times more than in original offer.

• @bleidd said:

@webcraft said: I think fraud is really the wrong term as per my understanding this would be the case if it says "pay now 2,99€" and 5€ are charged instead.

It's exactly the case.
    I want to try this service or even buy one year of it for 0,29/2.99 EUR, which was advertised by BudgetVM. And they want to charge me 5 EUR instead, making me pay almost two times more than in original offer.

On the button it says 5€, doesn't it? Where is it a fraud? Your credit card has not been charged yet. You can stop the order process right here. Fraud is if you noticed after having made the payment that they charged 5€ instead of 2,99€ which is not the case here.

Thanked by 1drunkendog
  • @GameTownProjects said:

@webcraft said:
    The fee construction for PaySafeCard is also a bit misleading. If I want to charge 10€ and enter it into the field, the fee is added to this. My PSC is only loaded with 10€ so I need to go back and calculate myself how much I may enter so that after the fee it's 10€. .. complicated.

I'm really sorry about that.
    I discussed this at length with our accounting department during the implementation, but unfortunately no one seems to use PSC or similar, so it went a bit wrong.

I'll see if I can change the calculation without breaking anything in the accounting system.

Yes, that would be nice because you're usually buying those prepaid cards in fixed steps like 10€, 25€ or 50€, so it would make sense to deposit the full amount that the code is used up and withdraw the fee after the deposit.

• @bleidd said: I want to try this service or even buy one year of it for 0,29/2.99 EUR, which was advertised by BudgetVM. And they want to charge me 5 EUR instead, making me pay almost two times more than in original offer.

What you want is immaterial. It says the cost is 0.29/month which it is. No where does it say you can buy a single month, a single year, etc... You're paying 0.29/month you just have to buy it for 18-months.

Thanked by 2webcraft yoursunny
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• @skorous said: You're paying 0.29/month you just have to buy it for 18-months.

let's say you're buying a car. Ad says it costs 30000 EUR. But when you're actually willing to pay, dealer says "Sir, you can't pay just 30k but you should also buy gas cards for 20k."

that's misleading isn't it?

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited April 2021

@bleidd said:

@skorous said: You're paying 0.29/month you just have to buy it for 18-months.

let's say you're buying a car. Ad says it costs 30000 EUR. But when you're actually willing to pay, dealer says "Sir, you can't pay just 30k but you should also buy gas cards for 20k."

..but no still fraud.

Thanked by 1drunkendog
  • @GameTownProjects said: Nowhere does it claim that the service can be tested for this amount of invest.

What we could do is state the minimum charge somewhere on the website, but I don't see any misleading advertising or even fraud here!

Ok, I've bought your 5 "credits" paying real 5 eur. Tried your service for a couple of months want to cancel an refund rest 4.42 eur. How it's supposed to work? And what would you say then? You won't see "any misleading advertising or even fraud" again?

for example wishosting charged without any problems.

and btw it was advertised as an annual package

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@bleidd said: Ok, I've bought your 5 "credits" paying real 5 eur. Tried your service for a couple of months want to cancel an refund rest 4.42 eur. How it's supposed to work? And what would you say then? You won't see "any misleading advertising or even fraud" again?

It really really really sounds like you and BudgetVM.host are not a good match for each other

Just move on and stop all of this fraud talk

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@bleidd said:
    Ok, I've bought your 5 "credits" paying real 5 eur. Tried your service for a couple of months want to cancel an refund rest 4.42 eur. How it's supposed to work? And what would you say then? You won't see "any misleading advertising or even fraud" again?

Go to PayPal and press that "open a case" button.
    If PayPal thinks you deserve a refund, you'll receive it.

Thanked by 1drunkendog
  • @bleidd said:

@skorous said: You're paying 0.29/month you just have to buy it for 18-months.

I'll give you a better analogy. You walk in to a store to buy a pack of gum. The cashier tells you, "Sorry, there's a minimum for credit card orders of $5." According to you, gum costs $5 and that's fraud.

• @skorous said: The cashier tells you, "Sorry, there's a minimum for credit card orders of $5." According to you, gum costs $5 and that's fraud

I'll pay cash.

@yoursunny said: If PayPal thinks

PayPal thinks I've bought some seashells which those "credits" are. Seashells bought, nothing to refund here.
    And you're asking me to remove the tonsils through the ass

@angstrom said: It really really really sounds like you and BudgetVM.host are not a good match for each other

Yeah, a guy not willing to pay 2$ more for 3$ service is not their valued customer type.

There were at least two more guys with the same questions in this thread.

I'll leave it.
    But others should consider such conjuncture of:
    -naming issues
    -minimal deposit
    -misleading ads
    -unwillingness to see obvious things
    -some other users mentioned deadpooling (tbh it's more about naming, for now)

• @bleidd said: I'll pay cash.

You should totally try to pay for your service with cash. Report back how that works for you.

@bleidd said: Yeah, a guy not willing to pay 2$ more for 3$ service is not their valued customer type.

Definitely not. No guys who can't grasp the concept of minimum deposits don't change cost of the service either.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@bleidd said: I'll leave it.

Hasta luego

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@bleidd said:

@skorous said: The cashier tells you, "Sorry, there's a minimum for credit card orders of $5." According to you, gum costs $5 and that's fraud

I'll pay cash.

How about this:
    You come to my office and pay €0.29 in cash, and I'll deposit €5 into your BudgetVM account.

Our office address is:

yoursunny summer host, Inc
    123 Elf Street
    Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station 96598
    Antarctica

• @yoursunny said:

@bleidd said:

@skorous said: The cashier tells you, "Sorry, there's a minimum for credit card orders of $5." According to you, gum costs $5 and that's fraud

I'll pay cash.

How about this:
    You come to my office and pay €0.29 in cash, and I'll deposit €5 into your BudgetVM account.

Our office address is:

yoursunny summer host, Inc
    123 Elf Street
    Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station 96598
    Antarctica

Do you accept Fatpal ?

Thanked by 2bleidd bulbasaur
  • coldcold Member

@GameTownProjects said:

@cold said:

@GameTownProjects said:

@bolle said:

@GameTownProjects said:
    Also currently, the automatic IPv6 configuration does not work, but we are already working on both problems.

So, for IPv6 we need to open the ticket?

No.
    One IPv6 is includet, but not delivered by SLAAC / DHCPv6. If you need more you can order them for a small onetime fee, but it's currently not possible to get full IPv6 networks.

a small onetimefee for ipv6 ? ARE YOU JOKING ? make money by any costs ?

We tried for free...
    Unfortunately, people are not able to deal properly with free offers, because bots were immediately built to rent all registered IPv6 addresses.

And therefore we have simply passed on the costs for registering the addresses to the customers.
    If it bothers you, you are free to use another provider. But I have also seen providers with monthly fees for IPv6 addresses!

It's wouldn't be a problem to give every customer 10 IPv6 on order instead of one, if that would make sense to anyone.
    Would that help?

you can be 100% sure i won't rent/buy from ppl like you...

Thanked by 2bleidd drunkendog
  • KebabKebab Member
    edited April 2021

I guess paying 67% more than advertised is out of my budget. This budgetvm is not for my budget.

Thanked by 1bleidd
  • @GameTownProjects said: Unfortunately, people are not able to deal properly with free offers, because bots were immediately built to rent all registered IPv6 addresses.

Can't you just restrict max addresses per user to 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 or something like that instead of charging for what should be an industry standard? If you're running out of IPv6 addresses, you're probably not a great provider.

Thanked by 2yoursunny bulbasaur
    edited April 2021

@drunkendog said:

@GameTownProjects said: Unfortunately, people are not able to deal properly with free offers, because bots were immediately built to rent all registered IPv6 addresses.

Can't you just restrict max addresses per user to 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 or something like that instead of charging for what should be an industry standard? If you're running out of IPv6 addresses, you're probably not a great provider.

This would crash our System after a few who Orders such an amount and you will also not get a full /64, but random IPs across hundert of Networks.

So this isn't a solution.
    For kts24.com offers this has always bothered me, but for Budgetvm.host I could imagine that we also offer in the long run /64 networks only against surcharge.

Why?
    Because we only make losses on the offers and therefore of course much prefer to sell kts24 products.

@Kebab said:
    I guess paying 67% more than advertised is out of my budget. This budgetvm is not for my budget.

Are you sure you visit our Page?
    We got offers starting from 0,29€ per month and not one penny more.

• KebabKebab Member

@GameTownProjects said:

@Kebab said:

You forgot about minimum payment of 5 euros?

Thanked by 1bleidd
    edited April 2021

@Kebab said:

@GameTownProjects said:

@Kebab said:

That did not change the amount you had to pay for this Service.

This was actually only introduced so that we do not have to raise our prices (kts24).
    In the meantime, however, I believe that is a super shield for customers who will not be happy with us.
    So it is a win for everyone.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • KebabKebab Member
    edited April 2021

@GameTownProjects said:

@Kebab said:

@GameTownProjects said:

@Kebab said:

That did not change the amount you had to pay for this Service.

This was actually only introduced so that we do not have to raise our prices (kts24).
    In the meantime, however, I believe that is a super shield for customers who will not be happy with us.
    So it is a win for everyone.

I agree, if you cant write a line in a topic about minimum payment on a BUDGET vps, then what else is hidden.

Thanked by 1bleidd