Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Terafire Reseller - Review - Best experience until now
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Terafire Reseller - Review - Best experience until now

I have used a few hosting providers in these last 10 years.
One of them I liked very much was DreamHost. Is it not cheap, but it has a great support. The respect they have with their clients is really great.

As some of our members know, I have had A LOT of problems when I decided to move from DreamHost to K-Disk (that in the future migrated its clients to Urpad without previous notice). The first one was the problem: K-Disk support team spent more than 4 months (yes, I paid for it) to move my data from DreamHost to K-Disk. Dreamhost does not use Cpanel so, you can imagine how it could be migrated (manually - in others words: work). As they could not do the job (it was a free service), I started to do it by myself.
I had problems with e-mail. I do not know why but the SPAMMERS loved my e-mails and I could not block them. Imagine everyday you have to delete near 200 - 500 SPAM messages. It is not something very good.

The problem was not mine, alone. My clients had the SAME PROBLEM, too. While the problem was only to RECEIVE a lot of SPAM messages, it was 'fine' (?). But, one of my clients opened a ticket saying it COULD NOT SEND an email to his client (hotmail) because the IP was listed as BLACKLISTED. The client has an webstore and could not reply a client who contact him to buy a few products. Imagine how happy he was.
So, the second big problem: EMAIL WAS NOT RECEIVED.

Another ridiculous situation I had: suspended a service with an invoice PAID 5 days before and I had to pay again for the same month. APOLOGY? No, thanks. Just 1 free month. I do not need a free month, I (and my clients) need respect. It IS VERY DIFFERENT.

You can read my difficulties here in Cpanel's Forum thread: http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/spamassassin-not-working-filter-361742.html
when you do not have support you need to find a way to solve your problems. This was my way, but I did not have ROOT access. So, SPAM messages continue.

After a few support tickets opened asking to solve the problems (specially the email deliverability and the SPAM problems) I receveid 24 hours to get out URPAD's server (during weekend). I opened a thread here trying to find a new Reseller's account provider TO MOVE my account: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/14458/i-need-a-cpanel-whm-reseller-s-account-please-send-me-suggestions

Before I find this option, the server was completely suspended.

You will understand why I post all this BAD experience again in the next paragraphs.

Different from another company which pay for its positive reviews, I will spend part of my time to write exactly what I had as experience in this SHORT period of time with Terafire.
Why do I do it? Will I earn a FREE MONTH or any stupid thing like that? No, I won't. I'd like to show for our members that we have good people here, too. People who treat their clients with respect and try to create a really nice partnership.

Maybe in a later time I can change my opinion about Terafire. Yes, why not? Who is perfect? But until there, I'd like to show my review and GIVE an option for others members who can be trying to find a good option for a good price. I know we have good members with very good offers and services here. I am client of a few of them, too. But this is a RESELLER option, not only a VPS option.

I started the account in 20/Oct/2013.
During this time:

Number of Support Tickets opened: 8

Sure each support ticket has NOT only one message.

Let me show my experience by topics:

1. CONTENT & MIGRATION: how you know, I do not have my last and actual data from URPAD. For this reason, Terafire could only work with what I had in hands.
    I could see a real interest to help as possible. When anything did not work, I received a message explaining the problem and the impossibility to do anything else.

2. SPAM message: did you read about all the problems I had with SPAM messages during almost 1 year?
    No, I do not know what is this anymore. Nowadays, I have received 1 or 2 messages in 3 days. Less than 1 by day. The SpamAssassin is working fine. The filters, too. My emails and the ones from my clients arrive in INBOX of Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc. WITHOUT problems. :)

3. SUPPORT: No support ticket was closed without reply. I have received my replies in less than 1 hour. The support team replies doubt about third part softwares if they can help. Yes, I know they have no obligation to do that, but THEY DO. If they could help, they helped.

4. PRICE: almost the same price I paid before with more options.

5. DNS propagation: less than 1 hour for a few domains and 7 hours for .COM. For me this was really AMAZING.

6. PAYMENT: I am using Paypal with automatic payment option on. No problem after the first invoice.

I decided to post this POSITIVE review after I read other review today. I think we need to show the good and the bad experience we have. This can help others to decide. I was trying to find a good option to my new provider and Terafire was/is this option.

If there is anything I can clarify, just reply this thread and I can try to help.

If you are in doubt about one option and other, maybe I give you a third option for you think about.

Good luck!

Thanked by 1terafire

Comments