Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Securing a Proxmox install
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Securing a Proxmox install

I am looking to sell Windows VPS servers using Proxmox and WHMCS (although that will likely change given the recent news).

Anyway, I've been doing some testing but I can't figure out how to make each VM "private". I'm using OVH to provided dedicated Proxmox bare metal, and I'm assigning each VM a Failover IP which is attached to a vMac in OVH.

At the minute, each VM can see every other VM on the host. One way I can do it is enable the firewall at the VM level, but I can't figure out to do that automatically - or without writing my own script.

The network settings generally look something like this:
IP Address : 1.2.3.4 (Failover IP from OVH)
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.255
Gateway : 5.6.7.254 (IP of the host where the last octet is changed to 254)

Am I missing something, or is there an easy way to secure each VM so that it is it's own self container server - not visible to any other VMs on the host? I know I can do this by changing the Windows Network Discovery settings, but I'd rather do it at a Hyper Visor / VM level rather than on the OS.