Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look for a middle server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Look for a middle server

I want a server with compute cpu and 8G ram, 1T hdd storage, as cheap as possible, who can provider it?

Comments

• Describe in more detail, besides the disk and memory, what characteristics are needed?

• Oneprovider, Kimsufi

• @lianpai said:
    I want a server with compute cpu and 8G ram, 1T hdd storage, as cheap as possible, who can provider it?

Hetzner can provide that for about 20€/month.

NexusBytes can provide that for $5/month for storage, and $10 or $25 per month for the server, depending on what CPU you want.

At BuyVM, the server would be $30/month and the storage would be $5/month.

I only have experience with BuyVM so I can only recommend them with any confidence, but other users on the forum seem to be big fans of NexusBytes. The difference between those two hosts mainly comes down to what type of content you're hosting.

Thanked by 2seriesn lianpai
  • Big question (cost-wise) is whether "compute CPU" should be translated as dedicated core.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @tetech said:
    Big question (cost-wise) is whether "compute CPU" should be translated as dedicated core.

And whether or not they'd be able to use older hardware like that at EntryBytes for $10/month. Even if they don't need a dedicated core, they may still need a better CPU which would exclude a lot of budget-friendly hosts.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @lianpai said:

what server location you are looking for or anywhere.

• @lianpai said:

location?

• Thanks for all your replies, "compute cpu" means not server just for storage and backup, because many big HDD cases enough are just for storage with little calculation, no need dedicate, just like Yabs bench 700 scores level. other characteristics are not require, anywhere location and just 1T traffic data is enough. NFS is not suitable for my usage or I can have the buy solution.

• All the recommend case is far more than my budget. Why promotions are always separate calculator one and storage one, is there some one promotion for combine or have HDD addon?

• @lianpai said:
    All the recommend case is far more than my budget. Why promotions are always separate calculator one and storage one, is there some one promotion for combine or have HDD addon?

What is your budget?

• darbdarb Member

Maybe you need to either rethink your budget or requirements.

@lianpai said:
    All the recommend case is far more than my budget.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

Look at specials in my signature.