Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is reseller hosting still a thing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is reseller hosting still a thing?

mxnhostmxnhost Member, Host Rep

To be a reseller or not to be, that is the question :D

I am curious to know if people still look for reseller hosting plans?

I want to know if the demand is there in the industry or have the cPanel spiked pricing turned people away OR closed this market completely?!

Your thoughts...

Comments

• gappergapper Member
    edited April 2021

im on buyshared reseller and pay $2/mo and can host unlimited domains because it comes with directadmin

BUT i believe that a better option is to have a VPS with nexusbytes which comes with free directadmin license

im moving to nexusbytes soon (it is not that buyshared is bad, i just want better control)

Thanked by 2seriesn mrTom
  • @aonaphost said:
    To be a reseller or not to be, that is the question :D

I am curious to know if people still look for reseller hosting plans?

I want to know if the demand is there in the industry or have the cPanel spiked pricing turned people away OR closed this market completely?!

Your thoughts...

There's certainly demand for it, especially if properly marketed.

• verdverd Member

@gapper said:
    im on buyshared reseller and pay $2/mo and can host unlimited domains because it comes with directadmin

BUT i believe that a better option is to have a VPS with nexusbytes which comes with free directadmin license

im moving to nexusbytes soon (it is not that buyshared is bad, i just want better control)

buyvm also comes with free DA and Blesta.
    https://buyvm.net/software/directadmin-licenses

both nexusbytes and buyvm are good, top providers.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Reseller hosting is a product we move quite well, in addition to supporting our end users. A great inexpensive way to leverage provider infrastructure/value-added services.

Here's a new cool video we've made:

• @dustinc said:
    Reseller hosting is a product we move quite well, in addition to supporting our end users. A great inexpensive way to leverage provider infrastructure/value-added services.

wheres the double bandwidth offer

Thanked by 1lentro
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

wheres the double bandwidth offer

Oh man, good catch! That's exclusive to the LET community in most cases. But we're flexible.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited April 2021

Happy reading.Many offers have Reseller option. Form your own opinion/assessment, that might be the key to success or otherwise (your take )
    @aonaphost
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/categories/shared-hosting-offers

• Reseller hosting is still popular for small development agencies like mine who do not want to buy separate shared accounts for each customers at different hosts, and rather use centralized system like reseller panel to host 40-45 sites.

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • LeapNikhilLeapNikhil Member, Host Rep

Reseller hosting is the best option for small web development companies. And yes it is still in demand.