Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
SolusVM in 2021
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

SolusVM in 2021

0xOkami0xOkami Member

Is this a great option for 2021? Do not see any tutorials to install OpenVZ with SyS tho, back on my old thread with the "not delivering" after calling with OVH I've managed to get it activated for some reason, and if SolusVM is a good option, why would it be a great option for me? I've heard that much of their packages do not work.

Comments

  • It's a joke.

  • WSCallumWSCallum Member, Provider
    edited April 5

    SolusVM is no longer a developed product and is only maintained for security updates - The new version is SolusIO and they intend to add an importer from SolusVM to SolusIO per their roadmap, inevitably they'll end up discontinuing the security releases for SolusVM sooner or later. Take that as you will but a product which is no longer actively developed is definitely not a 'great option' in 2021.

    Clouveo - SSD/NVMe Cloud VPS & Hosting
    AMD EPYC & Intel E Cloud VPS | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    Why is this even a question?

    "Jarland is stupid."

  • 0xOkami0xOkami Member

    @deank said:
    Why is this even a question?

    Because I wanted to have a perspective from other people.

  • 0xOkami0xOkami Member

    @WSCallum said:
    SolusVM is no longer a developed product and is only maintained for security updates - The new version is SolusIO and they intend to add an importer from SolusVM to SolusIO per their roadmap, inevitably they'll end up discontinuing the security releases for SolusVM sooner or later. Take that as you will but a product which is no longer actively developed is definitely not a 'great option' in 2021.

    Thank you for your response, it helped me alot!

  • gappergapper Member

    im on ramnode legacy solusvm... what will happen with me when solusvm stops providing security updates?

  • WSCallumWSCallum Member, Provider

    @gapper said:
    im on ramnode legacy solusvm... what will happen with me when solusvm stops providing security updates?

    That’s something you need to ask RamNode.

    Clouveo - SSD/NVMe Cloud VPS & Hosting
    AMD EPYC & Intel E Cloud VPS | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider
    edited April 5

    @0xOkami said:

    @deank said:
    Why is this even a question?

    Because I wanted to have a perspective from other people.

    Solus is still defacto if you aren't using your own.

    Virtualizor is a thing but I know of no one that is truly happy with it.

    SolusVM will either get price hiked or a forced migration into solus.io sooner rather than later. Maybe Solus.io is really popular in private clouds/sectors, but I think there's only 1 host on these forums using it.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • oplinkoplink Member, Provider

    We are one of the only hosts using SolusIO on this forum. If your starting a new vps system I would def use solusIO over solusvm. SolusVM is way too dated and not being updated.

    They do listen to ideas/suggestions pretty quickly.
    https://features.solus.io/topics/idea/status/all/category/all/sort/updated/page/1

    Your best bet is to spin up and try different systems and see what works for you.

    GL!

    Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • 0xOkami0xOkami Member

    @oplink said:
    We are one of the only hosts using SolusIO on this forum. If your starting a new vps system I would def use solusIO over solusvm. SolusVM is way too dated and not being updated.

    They do listen to ideas/suggestions pretty quickly.
    https://features.solus.io/topics/idea/status/all/category/all/sort/updated/page/1

    Your best bet is to spin up and try different systems and see what works for you.

    GL!

    Thank you for your reply, started to use it yesterday and I'am truely loving it already. It's simple and stable. Might build Docker / gameserver containers in it to if it's opensource.

  • oplinkoplink Member, Provider

    @0xOkami said:
    Thank you for your reply, started to use it yesterday and I'am truely loving it already. It's simple and stable. Might build Docker / gameserver containers in it to if it's opensource.

    Yes, its been very stable for us too. The WHMCS module works well too.

  • LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Provider

    Virtualizor is a thing but I know of no one that is truly happy with it.

    I am.

    Floyd Morrissette - DirectAdmin Expert - LittleCreekHosting.com - VPS specials in the offers section. - If you need something more please contact us.

  • markdmarkd Member, Provider

    Virtualizor is a mess, mostly because of the support. I’ve had a number of issues and wouldn’t wish that on anyone else. I’ve heard from people that they’ve had success with using ProxMox with something like ProxCP or with a custom solution.

  • I'm not anymore a fan of SolusVM but I guess it will not die soon as long it was sold in 2019 to Plesk.
    For KVM containers I really enjoy Proxmox with cloud-init operating systems (deployed in less than 40 seconds, up to date).
    Good luck!

  • LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Provider

    @markd said:
    Virtualizor is a mess, mostly because of the support.

    Support can take a day. Documentation is not great. But I haven't had any real problems. Been using it for KVM and OpenVZ.

    Floyd Morrissette - DirectAdmin Expert - LittleCreekHosting.com - VPS specials in the offers section. - If you need something more please contact us.

  • markdmarkd Member, Provider

    @LittleCreek said:

    @markd said:
    Virtualizor is a mess, mostly because of the support.

    Support can take a day. Documentation is not great. But I haven't had any real problems. Been using it for KVM and OpenVZ.

    Quite honestly the biggest issues I've had were issues regarding the backup system. It's crappy, backups fail most of the times and restores just don't work in general.

  • 0xOkami0xOkami Member

    @LittleCreek said:

    @markd said:
    Virtualizor is a mess, mostly because of the support.

    Support can take a day. Documentation is not great. But I haven't had any real problems. Been using it for KVM and OpenVZ.

    Did always use their Livechat and got mostly of the time reply within like a minute, and the support was always helpfull for me. Their English was bad tho.

    Thanked by 1markd
  • sheratansheratan Member
    edited April 6

    Been using SolusVM and now using Virtualizor, and no problem so far. Support is fast and informative. There is a little language barrier but not a big deal.

    About backup system, we have try in test enviroment and goes well.

  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Provider

    Proxmox with Cloud-init is good but still you need a lot work to make production friendly.

    Openstack is another option you can try if you have the resources it requires.

    Otherwise go with virtualizor instead of Solusvm

    ViridWeb.com - Reseller Web Hosting | Litespeed + SSH Access + Free Blesta + IPv6 Compatible.
    CIN: U72900WB2018OPC226882 | GST: 19AAGCV4976R1Z4

  • LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Provider

    Did always use their Livechat and got mostly of the time reply within like a minute.

    I will try that next time.

    Floyd Morrissette - DirectAdmin Expert - LittleCreekHosting.com - VPS specials in the offers section. - If you need something more please contact us.

Sign In or Register to comment.