Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel Paper Lantern or cPanel 3x Classic?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel Paper Lantern or cPanel 3x Classic?

Which do you & your customers prefer, cPanel Paper Lantern Theme or cPanel 3x Classic?

cPanel paper lantern or cPanel 3x Classic?
  1. cPanel Paper Lantern or cPanel 3x Classic?31 votes
    1. 3x Classic
      12.90%
    2. Paper Lantern
      87.10%

Comments

• Back in the day I liked x3 but it looks too outdated in 2021. I would go for lantern

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • edited March 2021

Yes of course, it also matches the brand of my username on my own forum in my footer.

It's not easy lasting 15 years at WHT without being banned for inane reasons under the boot of the gestapo. They create and enforce rules to push their forum into extinction. Their Moderators are under no accountability as ownership doesn't care what they do (I was told that by their Moderator).

The bright shining exception is Bear who is my kindred spirit because he had the GUTS to stand up to the mafia owned (and evil) Platinum Server Management.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@Offshore_Solutions said: my own forum

Hoooolllyyyy moly, there's ancient stuff on that!

• edited March 2021

@lentro said:

Hoooolllyyyy moly, there's ancient stuff on that!

HAHA! 🤣
    I resurrected my vBulletin V3 (now Vanilla) started in 2004 before most of you were born! 😜

Thanked by 1lentro
  • @DreamCaster said:
    Back in the day I liked x3 but it looks too outdated in 2021. I would go for lantern

Thanks for that @DreamCaster.

I did not expect this poll to go 16 to 0 for Paper Lantern!

• Yeah Classic is good, but everyone loves the simple flat icons. Like all design trends, the gradient icons are going to make a comeback (you will just have to wait). 3x Icons are great.. the layout & gradient backgrounds on the header, not so much.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2021

@Offshore_Solutions said: It's not easy lasting 15 years at WHT without being banned for inane reasons under the boot of the gestapo. They create and enforce rules to push their forum into extinction.

Been a member of WHT for near 20 years, never had any issues. To be honest most of the time they are not wrong when it comes to banning folks. They have always preferred to stay away from having public threads about these things I can understand that.

Not saying they are always right but I have had insight into the backroom workings and they are pretty thorough when it comes to catching people doing things they should not be doing.

• @Lee said:
    Not saying they are always right but I have had insight into the backroom workings and they are pretty thorough when it comes to catching people doing things they should not be doing.

You were a Moderator there?

• LeeLee Veteran

@Offshore_Solutions said: You were a Moderator there?

No, got a close friend who was for many years.

• @Lee said:

@Offshore_Solutions said: It's not easy lasting 15 years at WHT without being banned for inane reasons under the boot of the gestapo. They create and enforce rules to push their forum into extinction.

Been a member of WHT for near 20 years, never had any issues. To be honest most of the time they are not wrong when it comes to banning folks. They have always preferred to stay away from having public threads about these things I can understand that.

Did anyone ever beat my record of getting banned? Then again, I used to get banned for being a little troll within the premium section.

Most folks that gets banned from wht do earn it though. Not that I am big fan of Daddy Bear.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I enjoy reading the Administrators Only and Staff Only sections of your forum.

• LeeLee Veteran

@seriesn said: Did anyone ever beat my record of getting banned? Then again, I used to get banned for being a little troll within the premium section.

I think if you take into account the number of accounts Chris & others at CC had to shill they probably win.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

I prefer the paper lantern theme because it is easy to use and big icons are easy to locate.

There is a command for the mass changing theme of all accounts to Paper Lantern.

• edited March 2021

@raindog308 said:

I enjoy reading the Administrators Only and Staff Only sections of your forum.

HAHA! You caught us with our pants down but the real purpose of that forum is a site to be owned by & to discuss this:
    https://hostboards.com/discussion/4240/competitive-edge-the-join-hosting-cooperative/p1?new=1

I found the incredible PHP Coder @ramesh_vish here on Lowendtalk who is doing great migrating the forum to Vanilla & modifying it. Highly recommend.

• @Offshore_Solutions said: I found the incredible PHP Coder @ramesh_vish here on Lowendtalk who is doing great migrating the forum to Vanilla & modifying it. Highly recommend.

Thank you. It is great working with you.