Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to show our own organization name on Hetzner IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to show our own organization name on Hetzner IP

Hello Guys, i have some servers from hetzner.
I want to show my organization on when someone lookup those server's IP.
Like someone lookup my server's IP and then he get Organization : My organization
I seen a company who is showing his organization name but when i lookup then it shows Organization : Hetzner

Anyone know how to do it

Comments

• no you need to have your own ASN and IP address to do that..

and it's not possible to do it in hetzner (except colocation)

• FalzoFalzo Member

@nanankcornering said:
    no you need to have your own ASN and IP address to do that..

and it's not possible to do it in hetzner (except colocation)

not fully correct. if you order an additional subnet with hetzner they'll create a RIPE handle and put you in as admin-c/tech-c. with that you'll appear automatically in a full RIPE whois (alongside Hetzner ofc and not as owner)
    this does not apply to primary or single addon IPs though.

Thanked by 2Wolf ViridWeb
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@Falzo said:

not fully correct. if you order an additional subnet with hetzner they'll create a RIPE handle and put you in as admin-c/tech-c. with that you'll appear automatically in a full RIPE whois (alongside Hetzner ofc and not as owner)

I asked Hetzner and they said this is not possible.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@NetDynamics24 said:

@Falzo said:

I asked Hetzner and they said this is not possible.

what exactly is not possible? being shown as owner/organisation? yeah, of course that is not possible simply because you'll never own Hetzners IPs obviously.

as said, for small additional subnets you'll still be listed as admin-c/tech-c automatically for the IPs involved. you do not need to do anything for that.

Thanked by 2ViridWeb bulbasaur
  • Maybe you're thinking about SWIP?