Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Looking for a streaming dedi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Looking for a streaming dedi

definitelyliamdefinitelyliam Member, Provider

I tried slapping on Jellyfin on a Raspberry Pi at home and needless to say it sucked, so I'm looking for a dedicated server with the following specs:

  • 6TB+ of storage, can be RAID0
  • At least 64GB of NVMe storage for the OS
  • 1 Gbps, 10TB/mo, more is better
  • 16 GB RAM, more is better
  • Can be located anywhere although Asian or US locations are a plus

I'll be using a dedicated seedbox and I'm the only user so providers don't need to worry about complaints/DMCA/whatever.

I don't have a fixed budget as I'd like to see any good offer for consideration (Hetzner's auction servers will be my last resort and Kimsufi's CPU offerings are meh).

Comments

  • HakimHakim Member

    It's very hard to find a provider who can beat Hetzner's offering.

  • edited March 27

    How about consolidating your streaming server and seedbox into a seedbox that allows apps and those apps don't count towards upload traffic? For example: WhatBox. Their 6TB plan gives you 15TB upload, but Plex/JellyFin does not count towards your upload quota and they are located in NA, but currently sold out as of this post.

    UltraSeedbox is another good alternative in EU.

  • definitelyliamdefinitelyliam Member, Provider

    @CyberneticTitan said:
    How about consolidating your streaming server and seedbox into a seedbox that allows apps and those apps don't count towards upload traffic? For example: WhatBox. Their 6TB plan gives you 15TB upload, but Plex/JellyFin does not count towards your upload quota and they are located in NA, but currently sold out as of this post.

    UltraSeedbox is another good alternative in EU.

    I thought of that as well (the Whatbox Singapore plans look good) but I like playing around with my own servers and experiment on a few stuff as well. Having the convenience of getting root and setting up Wireguard myself is a bonus which I can't do on a normal seedbox.

  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Provider

    @definitelyliam did you find something yet? I have some older boxes that might work for your needs. Send me a pm and I will send you the list.

    Alien Data: VPS and Colo Based In Texas, Unmetered Bandwidth.
    RPIServers: Dedicated Micro Servers - Micro Colo - Unmeterd Bandwidth

  • definitelyliamdefinitelyliam Member, Provider

    @lentro said:
    Need a GPU?

    Quick Sync would work fine for my use-case.

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @definitelyliam did you find something yet? I have some older boxes that might work for your needs. Send me a pm and I will send you the list.

    PM'd.

    Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • veltonvelton Member

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @definitelyliam did you find something yet? I have some older boxes that might work for your needs. Send me a pm and I will send you the list.

    would love to have the list as well.

    Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • SAPERASAPERA Member

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @definitelyliam did you find something yet? I have some older boxes that might work for your needs. Send me a pm and I will send you the list.

    Could you kindly pm me as well? thanks

    Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 28

    @lentro said:
    Need a GPU?

    How much for NVIDIA GeForce 2070 Super in DashCloud? Your prices are not public.

    I'm looking for a dedicated GPU server.

    Im looking for a monthly pricing with no setup fee.

    It would be used for Computer Go and Computer Chess on OGS, Foxwq and Lichess websites.

  • lentrolentro Member, Provider

    @stefeman said:

    @lentro said:
    Need a GPU?

    How much for NVIDIA GeForce 2070 Super in DashCloud? Your prices are not public.

    I'm looking for a dedicated GPU server.

    ~$150 to $250/month depending on term and config (we customize for every use case, no two businesses need the same product), shoot us a message if you're interested :)

  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 28

    @lentro said:

    @stefeman said:

    @lentro said:
    Need a GPU?

    How much for NVIDIA GeForce 2070 Super in DashCloud? Your prices are not public.

    I'm looking for a dedicated GPU server.

    ~$150 to $250/month depending on term and config (we customize for every use case, no two businesses need the same product), shoot us a message if you're interested :)

    Unless you can match Nocix Specs/Prices, I must pass :D

    If you can, then I wish to order in the coming days, otherwise I will wait for their stock.

  • lentrolentro Member, Provider

    @stefeman said: Unless you can match Nocix Specs/Prices, I must pass

    We used to be lower than them (and still are for customers who signed up with us just a few months ago, we are honoring our word for 3080s for $140/month when we could be mining now for ~$300/month :joy:). With the current global part shortage it's quite hard to source below ~2x MSRP for new configs. Let me know how they go, call me surprised if they are in-stock!

  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 28

    @lentro said:

    @stefeman said: Unless you can match Nocix Specs/Prices, I must pass

    We used to be lower than them (and still are for customers who signed up with us just a few months ago, we are honoring our word for 3080s for $140/month when we could be mining now for ~$300/month :joy:). With the current global part shortage it's quite hard to source below ~2x MSRP for new configs. Let me know how they go, call me surprised if they are in-stock!

    If you can do fully dedicated 3080 with 140 USD/m with a decent CPU power to pair it, reserve one for me . I'll order on 31th day :P

    Thanked by 1lentro
Sign In or Register to comment.