Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is AMD Ryzen 7 3700x For Web Hosting Company ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How is AMD Ryzen 7 3700x For Web Hosting Company ?

titaniumboytitaniumboy Member
edited March 2021 in General

Hello, i want to purchase an dedicated server for my web hosting company. I want to sell shared hosting from that server. I will install cPanel , CloudLinux , LiteSpeed on that server.

Please tell me how is this configuration , is it good for running a web hosting company and selling shared hosting :
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x Octa Core
64GB DDR4 ECC RAM
2*1 TB NVMe SSD
Guaranteed Bandwidth : 1 Gbit/s
Getting these at 59 Euro Monthly + 59 Euro Setup Fee.

Please tell me is it better ?

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Ye would be good, tho don't use cpanel use DA (at least I recommend using it)

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

Hard to beat the AMD Ryzen for the cost for performance right now.

• @titaniumboy said: 2*1 YB NVMe SSD

I think it will be hard to find SSDs this large in 2021... and if such are available, I don't think they will fit your budget, lol.

Now I will stop it with the pointless jokes.

• @titaniumboy said:

The specs are good , but since this is a Hetzner server and you are going to use it for shared hosting i don't recommend it !
    Unless if you are 100% certain no abuse will arrive !

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @momkin said:

@titaniumboy said:

The specs are good , but since this is a Hetzner server and you are going to use it for shared hosting i don't recommend it !

How about Reliablesite.net ? Would you recommend it or is it the same ?

• @momkin said:

@titaniumboy said:

I seen only two Server Providers which are the best server provider for web hosting companies.
    Hetzner and OVH.
    OVH is Little bit costly and support also very bad and also some clients will say that it's datacenter burned some days ago -_-

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @Hetzner_OL do you lock the server if any number of abuse detected ? Abuse is a normal thing in shared hosting server

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

2*1 TB NVMe SSD

You can fit more disk I believe, it's 64GB RAM.

• @WebHorizon said:

2*1 TB NVMe SSD

What about the server CPU , how is it for shared hosting providers ?

• @titaniumboy said:
    @Hetzner_OL do you lock the server if any number of abuse detected ? Abuse is a normal thing in shared hosting server

They do , so better to go with OVH or any other provider online.net maybe ?

• @momkin said:

@titaniumboy said:
    @Hetzner_OL do you lock the server if any number of abuse detected ? Abuse is a normal thing in shared hosting server

They do , so better to go with OVH or any other provider online.net maybe ?

By the way, hetzner is really really bad at abuse reports. They even do not verify report sender and also do not verify the report is fake or original.

Some days ago my server got locked by hetzner due to abuse report, i faced a downtime of almost 20 Hours.

also they do not care who sent the abuse report, who is the server owner and how he is working. Hetzner should also care about their client's business. If they continuously suspend or lock their client's server without checking report and their client's business started going into loss then that client won't buy server from them again. Probably he will search for an another provider.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@titaniumboy said:

@WebHorizon said:

2*1 TB NVMe SSD

What about the server CPU , how is it for shared hosting providers ?

Many providers use Ryzen for shared hosting & doing an excellent job.

• @WebHorizon said:

I did read somewhere here in LET that cloudlinux and AMD aren't fully supported , i wonder if its true :smile:

• hostbethostbet Member, Host Rep

@momkin said:

@WebHorizon said:

I did read somewhere here in LET that cloudlinux and AMD aren't fully supported , i wonder if its true :smile:

Yes, But now CloudLinux OS 7 Hybrid Kernel and CloudLinux 8 are supported on AMD Ryzen 3000 Series and CloudLinux OS 7, CloudLinux OS 7 Hybrid Kernel , CloudLinux OS 8 are supported on AMD Epyc.
    See it here :
    https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013049140-CloudLinux-OS-Compatibility-With-AMD-Ryzen-EPYC-Processors

• @titaniumboy said:

Hetzner is known for strict abuse policy.

Thanked by 2webcraft hostbet