Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multi-Brand Strategy or Focus Energy on 1 Brand?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Multi-Brand Strategy or Focus Energy on 1 Brand?

edited March 2021 in General

We see many hosting providers use a Multi-Brand Strategy exemplified by Clearlake Capital Group with over 40 brands including Network Solutions, Web.com, CrazyDomains, Register.com, HostGator.com, Bluehost.com, Constant Contact, and many more.

Is that the way to go or better to focus on a single brand like the higher capitalized GoDaddy, Wix, or Weebly?

Comments

• multi-thread strategy or focus energy on 1 thread?

Thanked by 1LordSpock
  • edited March 2021

@aiden1 said:
    multi-thread strategy or focus energy on 1 thread?

In other words, Chris Danks and Nick Akam are two big names in UK hosting. Both very successful but with different strategies. ​Chris has a long-term Multi-Brand Strategy:
    1) Ezpzhosting.co.uk
    2) CyberHostPro
    3) TheHostingHeroes.com
    4) ASPNEThosting.co.uk
    5) TrustHost (acquired by EZPZ before takeover).
    4) and many more

Nick Akam has just 2 major brands but is also successful at it:
    1) NetNerd.com
    2) ei.uk.com

Which strategy is better long-term?

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2021

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@aiden1 said:
    multi-thread strategy or focus energy on 1 thread?

In other words, Chris Danks and Nick Akam are two big names in UK hosting. Both very successful but with different strategies. ​Chris has a long-term Multi-Brand Strategy:
    1) Ezpzhosting.co.uk
    2) CyberHostPro
    3) TheHostingHeroes.com
    4) ASPNEThosting.co.uk
    5) TrustHost (acquired by EZPZ before takeover).
    4) and many more

Nick Akam has just 2 major brands but is also successful at it:
    1) NetNerd.com
    2) ei.uk.com

Which strategy is better long-term?

The Hosting Heroes are merging their brands in to one.

But, to answer your original question, no - a multi brand strategy is really good if you have a lot of resources to throw at something and either maintain them for customer loyalty or maintain the brands for different market segments. If you're a tiny business starting out, focus on that.

It's always better to full ass one thing than to half ass two things.

• @LordSpock said: It's always better to full ass one thing than to half ass two things.

I should put this on a poster and hang it on the wall. I've battling split focus all my life, and I love the wording :D