Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Virtual Sysadmin? (Software)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Virtual Sysadmin? (Software)

edited March 2021 in General

What is the best Software program that acts as a virtual System Admin for your server?

I'm only aware of Moss ( https://moss.sh/ ) but have never used it. Is it any good and which is the best?

How many years away are we from Virtual Sysadmins being able to completely replace people?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2021

The language may seem to exclude them, but the basics should qualify. Plesk, cPanel, DirectAdmin, Cyberpanel, ApisCP. They’re all designed to take over things that would otherwise require hours of admin time.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • Webmin.

• jhjh Member

Use Zapier to connect ELIZA to SSH

• I haven't used this much other than to research it for a blog article - Cockpit seems really nice. You also have a web SSH interface, to let you get to the root of issues that traditional fixed option panels don't have.

• edited March 2021

@jar said:
    The language may seem to exclude them, but the basics should qualify. Plesk, cPanel, DirectAdmin, Cyberpanel, ApisCP. They’re all designed to take over things that would otherwise require hours of admin time.

I hadn't thought of it that way but you're absolutely right, control panels are slowly morphing into Virtual Sysadmins.

Maybe one day a Control Panel will be given a voice like Siri/Alexa to talk us through complex server issues.

• DazzleDazzle Member
    edited March 2021

Runcloud.io, ploi.io, serverpilot.io, cipi.sh

I'm using mossh.sh, they're good and do the automatic update on your vps.

• AswinAswin Member, Host Rep

cloudstick.io