Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

metadedi.net is down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

metadedi.net is down

@Neoon I just noticed the metadedi is down and saw your reply on another forum it is not going to come back.

I wish it was live and so I can hunt some deals when required. I believe a lot others may miss the site.

People can reply to this post and show your support if you want metadedi to go live again.

@Neoon if you need any help do let me know :)

Thanked by 1Kassem

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

What is the problem, cuz money ain't it.
    There is probably some deeper meaning to this.

• While I haven't used it recently - its always been a good place to check for servers.
    Will definitely be missed.

• Jona4sJona4s Member
    edited March 2021

You can also check out serverhunter.com

@ServerHunter

• edited March 2021

Obviously serverhunter is awesome, but having multiple choices makes life easier :-)
    P.S. - metadedi.net is not down for me, so perhaps it was just a glitch?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I said on LET a few weeks ago, that I am not longer continue developing metaDedi.
    Means, I patch the system, keep it up to date, but not longer push any software updates.

So why? metaDedi was fun to build, but it needs a lot of time to keep a certain quality standard, means updating/adding filters which put the data into a format you can compare. The hole goal of metaDedi was/is to have that standard, otherwise you can just go to any other shitty list, that has outdated entries.

If it does not meet my core goals anymore, no reason to continue it.
    I did ask a few people to provide a bit free time, to fix and add existing filters but I never got around to it, I even created a gitlab repo with a simple example how a basic filter looks like: https://gitlab.com/Ne00n/metaDedi-Filters which is outdated, as example.

Regarding the outage, it was caused due to a issue in the api generation that had a memory leak and resulted into the entire webserver instance to crash.
    I did disabled the api for now, so it would not crash because of OOM anymore.

@imgmoney That dosen't change my personal opinion yet, but if the community wants it that way and a few people would like to fix at least the filters, I see what I can do.

• Metadedi gave us 2 great quality dramas, and I will never forget that. Thank you.

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Metadedi gave us 2 great quality dramas

I wasnt aware of this, care to share?

• @jahrinc said: I wasnt aware of this, care to share?

The first drama was when Incero snatched the domain metadedi.com.

The second one was when a competition showed up, ServerHunter.
    Please keep in mind that both of these dramas might've partially ended up happening in the cest pit, so you'll have to dig quite a bit to find where it starts and ends.

Good times man, good times.

Thanked by 1jahrinc
  • LeviLevi Member

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said: The second one was when a competition showed up, ServerHunter.

This one was thoroughly denied by @Neoon and voided as legit drama. So basically it gave us 1 good drama.

@Neoon maybe you could opensource your project for community to take care of?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @LTniger said: This one was thoroughly denied by Neoon and voided as legit drama. So basically it gave us 1 good drama.

Oh it was a good one, I'd definitely call it a drama.

Seems like "someone" tried to put some oil on that fire back then. Oh well.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@LTniger said:
    @Neoon maybe you could opensource your project for community to take care of?

The project uses icons, images and code that would not allow the project to be put open source. That does not make it impossible but, likely I have to rip out all these parts + there is no documentation and just because its open source, does not mean, someone takes over the project and runs it.

Its an option for sure but no a good one.

2 People already asked if they can help out, fixing and adding stuff, will see how this works out.

• @Jona4s said:
    You can also check out serverhunter.com

@ServerHunter

There are many cool features MetaDedi has

1) notifications
    2) benchmarks
    3) price per XX

These are very handy when I want to filter some providers. And all these are not available in ServerHunter

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep

@imgmoney said: 1) notifications
    2) benchmarks
    3) price per XX
    And all these are not available in ServerHunter

Server Hunter has had all of these features for over a year, you should visit our website again some time! :)

• @ServerHunter said:

@imgmoney said: 1) notifications
    2) benchmarks
    3) price per XX
    And all these are not available in ServerHunter

Server Hunter has had all of these features for over a year, you should visit our website again some time! :)

Ok, so I missed it because it is hidden under filters. I have to explore a bit to find those hidden features.

But I am trying to sort the server by benchmark and I don't see the benchmark value on the list. I mean for each server and their benchmarks.

@imgmoney said: But I am trying to sort the server by benchmark and I don't see the benchmark value on the list. I mean for each server and their benchmarks.

You can click the column titles at the top of the table (the ones that default to "Product", "RAM", and "Storage") and change it into whichever data you want to see. :)

Here's an example: https://www.serverhunter.com/?search=BHK-YJU-KSA

• @ServerHunter said:

@imgmoney said: But I am trying to sort the server by benchmark and I don't see the benchmark value on the list. I mean for each server and their benchmarks.

You can click the column titles at the top of the table (the ones that default to "Product", "RAM", and "Storage") and change it into whichever data you want to see. :)

Here's an example: https://www.serverhunter.com/?search=BHK-YJU-KSA

Great, so whatever I am asking it is already there. Do we have an option to add more columns as I used to metadedi and they show everything at a glance which helps a lot?

@imgmoney said: Great, so whatever I am asking it is already there. Do we have an option to add more columns as I used to metadedi and they show everything at a glance which helps a lot?

Not at this time, we found it wasn't possible to do it with our current design. For the time being, you can just click on an offer to instantly get an overview of all the specifications. :)