Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transfer of Hetzner SB28 - FSN-1 - 2 x 3 TB (Ent)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Transfer of Hetzner SB28 - FSN-1 - 2 x 3 TB (Ent)

CPU - i7 3770
HDD - 2 x 3 TB (Enterprise)
SSD - 1 x 240 GB (Addon)
RAM - 4 x 8 GB (DDR 3)

Monthly price - 27.53 Euros (including Addons)

As per current Hetzner Server auction, the same spec'd server goes for around 33 Euros plus the additional 4 Euros (Addon) summed up to 37 Euros.

I've been using this server for almost a year now, decided to transfer it away as I've hosted a new server at my home.

I am looking for around 20 bucks ($) for the transfer, which you could save up in the next 2 months.

Server renews from 16th to 15th. All invoices paid.

Feel free to PM for more info or reply here.

Comments

• Transfer fee for auction server ? Noooooo

Thanked by 1serv_ee
  • Nice offer. I'm always confused with HZ transfer TOS. My invoce day is "22nd of the month" but I have no active service for now. If I accept this transfer, will I get the invoce on March 22?

• @daozhi said:
    Nice offer. I'm always confused with HZ transfer TOS. My invoce day is "22nd of the month" but I have no active service for now. If I accept this transfer, will I get the invoce on March 22?

Yes I guess. And the service charge will be on a pro-rated basis, that's my best guess as far as I dealt with Hetzner.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@daozhi said: If I accept this transfer, will I get the invoce on March 22?

yes.

@ShihabSoft said: the service charge will be on a pro-rated basis

no.

the service will be charged for a full month. so if you get the invoice on 22nd but the service renews on 16th, you will see the full amount from 16th of march till 15th of april on the invoice on 22nd.

the transfer does not change that, they do not split the amount but the owner of the server on the billing date will have to pay for what's "open".

only if @ShihabSoft would get his invoice let's say tomorrow, he would have to pay for the full month if the transfer hasn't happened by then.
    and obviously the monthly amount would not appear on the 22nd invoice of @daozhi then.

sounds complicated, but actually isn't: servers are billed for their full monthly period and whoever gets the invoice first depending on their individual billing date has to pay it - no matter a transfer.

Thanked by 1daozhi
  • Uhm...I have to agree. Transfer fee for an auction server, hell no.

It'll just end back on auction if you drop it so...

• daozhidaozhi Member
    edited March 2021

Quite clearly explained!Thank you@Falzo!

@Falzo said:

yes.

no.

the service will be charged for a full month. so if you get the invoice on 22nd but the service renews on 16th, you will see the full amount from 16th of march till 15th of april on the invoice on 22nd.

the transfer does not change that, they do not split the amount but the owner of the server on the billing date will have to pay for what's "open".

only if @ShihabSoft would get his invoice let's say tomorrow, he would have to pay for the full month if the transfer hasn't happened by then.
    and obviously the monthly amount would not appear on the 22nd invoice of @daozhi then.

sounds complicated, but actually isn't: servers are billed for their full monthly period and whoever gets the invoice first depending on their individual billing date has to pay it - no matter a transfer.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@serv_ee said:
    Uhm...I have to agree. Transfer fee for an auction server, hell no.

but probably not come back as cheap as SB28 (23.53€ without VAT and addon) anytime soon.
    there haven't been any servers below 26.89 (SB32) for quite a while and I doubt this will change short or even mid-term, so he has a point ;-)

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited March 2021

@Falzo said:

@serv_ee said:
    Uhm...I have to agree. Transfer fee for an auction server, hell no.

but probably not come back as cheap as SB28 (23.53€ without VAT and addon) anytime soon.
    there haven't been any servers below 26.89 (SB32) for quite a while and I doubt this will change short or even mid-term, so he has a point ;-)

Well true but 2 euros more and you're getting (almost) the same thing off of Auction so that 20 euros transfer fee would take 10 months to earn itself even. (Without addons)

• @Falzo said:

yes.

no.

Thanks for the explanation. But kinda confusing now...

My invoice date is 5th of every month, I recently paid the invoice. I am gonna transfer the server to another user today, so will I be still billed for the usage until the next month?

• ShihabSoftShihabSoft Member
    edited March 2021

@Hetzner_OL said: If you decide to transfer the servers to someone else, you need to pay any invoices that we have already made and sent to you. And the person whom you transfer the server to will then pay any future invoices.

Okay I got it cleared as mentioned here.
    So I've to clear any pending invoices, which I already did. Any future invoices will be forwarded to the new owner.

Also please close this thread, the transaction is done and the server's going to good hands of @dev_vps

• @ShihabSoft said:
    Okay I got it cleared as mentioned here.
    So I've to clear any pending invoices, which I already did. Any future invoices will be forwarded to the new owner.

Also please close this thread, the transaction is done and the server's going to good hands of @dev_vps

Thank you, @ShihabSoft

I will respond here with the update after the server transfer is complete.

• The server is transferred to my account.

Thanks again, @ShihabSoft
    Greatly appreciated :)