Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting - The sales strike back - Part II (Triple BW + double disk) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting - The sales strike back - Part II (Triple BW + double disk)

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@seriesn said:

@Clouvider said:

@seriesn said:
    but also impossible to provide at their current price point, within the same dc, without the backing of the dc.

Reach out and you might be surprised :-) we have been historically doing deals with providers in LE* market to make the sort of pricing possible. We are very supportive in wholesale.

Thanks brother. I have considered that idea in the past and still did till your recent awesome acquisition. Competing with house brand and upstream is a suicide mission and self harm is prohibited in my religion 😂. I will continue to drool though. Cause boi that network is thicc.

I hear you. Equally at the same time it's worth remembering that Equinix has their own dedicated server brand yet they don't actively compete with their tenants. We don't plan to run Inception in continuous sales mode :-).

Thanked by 2seriesn WSCallum
  • by the way, still not accepted from China?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@daozhi said:
    by the way, still not accepted from China?

No, but you can migrate to a different country temporarily, place an order, and move back to China :joy:

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Chocoweb said:
    Clouvider's AMS is actually connected to AMS-IX but packets are hardly routed to it. Also want to know if there's any reason about it.

Capacity upgrade required to push more routes. Routes that actively benefit from AMS-IX are routed via AMS-IX, but given its not an emergency and we have plenty of capacity via many other links, there’s no reason to schedule this work while Netherlands is in lockdown and AMS Data Tower actively asks to reduce the visits for non-essential work.

Thanked by 3Chocoweb tomle dev_vps
  • My order has been marked as Fraud.
    I have sent PM in this regard. Kindly check.

Thanks!

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Member, Patron Provider

@dev_vps said:
    My order has been marked as Fraud.
    I have sent PM in this regard. Kindly check.

Thanks!

responded.

Thanked by 1dev_vps
  • @InceptionHosting said:

responded.

Thank you. :)

• Hello,

May I what DA version you offered? Standard license maybe?
    Thanks..

@Wira_Soenaryo said:
    Hello,

May I what DA version you offered? Standard license maybe?
    Thanks..

Internal standard.

You can only use it on our network, just for clarity, as some people have asked if they can get the free license and use it on another server.

• Noted...yes I know about the usage rules..
    Will place order soon...
    Thanks

Not as standard, as long as it is something we can get from an official repository or site we can consider permanently adding it though.

What's the control panel? Virtualizor by any chance?
    Also, bitcoin is accepted, as you have the logo at the bottom of main page?
    Might take the 25euro/year deal, but I need the custom iso mount because sometimes my software doesn't just work with some version of windows or something I dunno exactly.

@Wythej said: What's the control panel? Virtualizor by any chance?

SolusVM.

@Wythej said: Also, bitcoin is accepted, as you have the logo at the bottom of main page?

Yes, we actually take over 50 Cryptos through Coingate.

@Wythej said: Might take the 25euro/year deal, but I need the custom iso mount because sometimes my software doesn't just work with some version of windows or something I dunno exactly.

Sorry, user-driven ISO mounting is not supported right now in SolusVM, we do just provide standard ISO's directly from Microsoft though, nothing special or different.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

CPU usage policy?

• @mustafamw3 said:
    CPU usage policy?

As a general rule as long as you are not impacting others then you will not be restricted however as a guide line we ask that you do not average over 60% of a CPU core/thread for more than 24 hours on average or 100% of a core/thread for more than 1 hour.

• WythejWythej Member
    edited March 2021

Flagged as fraud...
    Ticket #970488
    @InceptionHosting

• bersybersy Member

Thank you for the great offer, grabbed one for a reserve vpn server!

• WythejWythej Member
    edited March 2021

Just lost a customer. Congrats. I ain't providing my ID and other personal stuff just to order VPS.
    "using free email provider" - since when is using gmail a fraud?
    "having IP being reported by other hosting providers" - show me from who.

This is pure joke.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Wythej said:
    Just lost a customer. Congrats. I ain't providing my ID and other personal stuff just to order VPS.

Nothing new there - should be the same with every non-dodgy and legitimate provider.

• @Wythej said:

This is pure joke.

i have the same issue as well even i had providing them with my info details they still rejected me.

by saying that i doesn't met their criteria which i feel quite disappointing with this provider.

These are all elements that can contribute towards an overall risk score, the order was ultimately rejected due to a number of factors, not least of which was an instantly combative attitude upon initial rejection.

Sorry to disappoint you, it is accepted that some good customers are simply victims of circumstances but the reality is the bar to pass the initial basic fraud prevention system is very low, if it was any lower the 95/100 customers that do pass the system just fine would be even more disappointed as they would be sharing space with abuse generators, spammers and generally unsavory types.

This is never personal, it is a business risk assessment. I completely understand it is unlikely that this will be accepted as reasonable when you only see half the story though.

• heLL_bOyheLL_bOy Member
    edited March 2021

@InceptionHosting said:
    These are all elements that can contribute towards an overall risk score, the order was ultimately rejected due to a number of factors, not least of which was an instantly combative attitude upon initial rejection.

Sorry to disappoint you, it is accepted that some good customers are simply victims of circumstances but the reality is the bar to pass the initial basic fraud prevention system is very low, if it was any lower the 95/100 customers that do pass the system just fine would be even more disappointed as they would be sharing space with abuse generators, spammers and generally unsavory types.

This is never personal, it is a business risk assessment. I completely understand it is unlikely that this will be accepted as reasonable when you only see half the story though.

i understand this is business risk assessment. But even providing personal info also rejected which i feel clearly unacceptable. Might as well at the first place rejected them no need to troublesome for us to submit details in the end rejected.

you can't pointing that those rejected customer are abuser or spammer in your business. Because they not even have been used up your service in first place.

I can't comment on your individual case as I am unaware of it. I can say if it was rejected it was for a reason, not for fun or to waste both ours and your time.

• heLL_bOyheLL_bOy Member
    edited March 2021

@InceptionHosting said:
    I can't comment on your individual case as I am unaware of it. I can say if it was rejected it was for a reason, not for fun or to waste both ours and your time.

the last conversation with Smith regarding on my issue.
    Ticket number

@heLL_bOy said:

@InceptionHosting said:

Ticket number

'smith' has absolutely no involvement with that ticket.

I can also see that there was a valid reason to reject your order.

@heLL_bOy said:

@InceptionHosting said:

Ticket number

'smith' has absolutely no involvement with that ticket.

I can also see that there was a valid reason to reject your order.

Typo.. is George btw,

Yeah.. valid reason is "The billing team has confirmed that this order is not in fitting with our risk appetite and as such we can't fulfil the order."

If there is a specific reason for rejection that we believe is circumventable if the person attempting to gain service knows that reason, the reason is not given, this is standard practice.

Again, I am sorry you are clearly annoyed about this, in similar circumstances I may also be annoyed but I would like to reiterate, it is not personal.

I will have a discussion today about looking to entirely and instantly reject orders completely without the opportunity to provide further information in the future if it is unlikely that proof of ID will impact the outcome.

Obviously, this will impact even more people but this method, especially in this market segment then drains even more staff time justifying business practices that are required and cannot be flexible for the good of all other customers.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@heLL_bOy said:

@InceptionHosting said:

i understand this is business risk assessment. But even providing personal info also rejected which i feel clearly unacceptable. Might as well at the first place rejected them no need to troublesome for us to submit details in the end rejected.

Well, there's no guarantee that if someone provides personal info, then they will be accepted. (It's an additional opportunity for the person to try to be accepted, but there's no guarantee that the person will be accepted.)

you can't pointing that those rejected customer are abuser or spammer in your business. Because they not even have been used up your service in first place.

But they didn't say that you (a rejected potential customer) are an abuser or a spammer. They simply made a risk assessment and decided that you're too risky as a potential customer.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    If there is a specific reason for rejection that we believe is circumventable if the person attempting to gain service knows that reason, the reason is not given, this is standard practice.

Again, I am sorry you are clearly annoyed about this, in similar circumstances I may also be annoyed but I would like to reiterate, it is not personal.

I will have a discussion today about looking to entirely and instantly reject orders completely without the opportunity to provide further information in the future if it is unlikely that proof of ID will impact the outcome.

Obviously, this will impact even more people but this method, especially in this market segment then drains even more staff time justifying business practices that are required and cannot be flexible for the good of all other customers.

I am okay with that no worries.

• @angstrom said:

@heLL_bOy said:

@InceptionHosting said:

Well, there's no guarantee that if someone provides personal info, then they will be accepted. (It's an additional opportunity for the person to try to be accepted, but there's no guarantee that the person will be accepted.)

But they didn't say that you (a rejected potential customer) are an abuser or a spammer. They simply made a risk assessment and decided that you're too risky as a potential customer.

Thanks for the light up! will take noted on this.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

can I upgrade later?