Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for special offer VPS in Hetzner DC (Germany)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for special offer VPS in Hetzner DC (Germany)

NoManNoMan Member
edited March 2021 in Requests

I chose Hetzner's DC in Germany because their networks have best route (latency & speed) to my location.

Here is my criteria:

• Virtualization: KVM
  • RAM: 1GB+
  • CPU: 1+ vCores
  • Storage: 15GB+ [SSD/NVMe]
  • Uplink Port Speed: 1Gbps+ (the node should not be oversold)
  • BW: 2TB+ (5TB is preferred) or an unmetered plan with a minimum guaranteed speed (150 Mbps)
  • IPv4+IPv6
  • Budget: €20-€25/year
  • accept crypto payment
  • the offer must be recurring

The best offer I found in LET from a reputed provider is made by AlphaVPS:

KVM | 2048MB RAM | 2 vCores | 15GB SSD | 1TB Bandwidth | €19.99/year

the Bandwidth is not ideal, However AlphaVPS doesn't accept customer from my country (IRAN). I'm new here and I didn't know the reason (or history) behind it. I didn't ask him why either cuz I'm not in a position to claim about their strategies on choosing customers.

~~

another provider I found here is ReadyDedis.
I didn't found any special offer or promotion for annual payment from them in DE. I also have some concerns regarding their service:
1. Their reputation is not top notch.
2. They are leasing hardware in Germany.
3. Their LG page certificate is expired recently (not a big deal!).
4. I cannot push my full internet speed through their network. here is comparison:

• Hetzner ~ 176 Mbps
  • AlphaVPS ~ 164 Mbps
  • ReadyDedis ~ 110 Mbps

I hope getting some offers in this discussion thread :smiley: :wink:

Comments

• MerlincoolMerlincool Member
    edited March 2021

have you tried racknerd?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/170394/amd-ryzen-vps-in-new-york-by-lowendtalks-1-top-provider-surprise-discounts#latest

prices are in dollars to might come close to your requirements.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Is the crypto part really needed ?
    Netcup has the VPS 200 G8 10% using this link:

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/gutschein_einloesen.php?gutschein=2052nc16156362260

1vCore
    2 GB RAM
    20 GB disk
    40 TB traffic

And it’s hosted on Hetzner datacenter

• JioJio Member

@danielcardosopt said: Is the crypto part really needed ?

@Merlincool said: have you tried racknerd?

iranian, so basically no western payment method will work for them and no US companies

• salakissalakis Member
    edited March 2021

Hmm, for US-registered companies I could obviously see why customers from Iran are not welcome and maybe some EU-based companies want to mitigate uncertainty in case new sanctions were to be implemented.

Otherwise, I am blindly assuming that you're talking about connectivity to Iran, but have you considered Russia? There are quite a few affordable options and latency can be pretty low, as low as 50ms if I recall correctly. Furthermore it might be easier for you to sign up with Russian providers.

• @danielcardosopt said:
    Is the crypto part really needed ?
    Netcup has the VPS 200 G8 10% using this link:

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/gutschein_einloesen.php?gutschein=2052nc16156362260

1vCore
    2 GB RAM
    20 GB disk
    40 TB traffic

And it’s hosted on Hetzner datacenter

Sorry the voucher expired

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@NoMan said:
    another provider I found here is ReadyDedis.
    I didn't found any special offer or promotion for annual payment from them in DE. I also have some concerns regarding their service:

Upon paying yearly you get 2 months discount :)

1. Their reputation is not top notch.

I'm not sure why you think we're not a top-notch company. Have you read a bad review about us anywhere?

1. They are leasing hardware in Germany.

Yea, we're leasing it and we've specified in all our offer threads as well. Our own hardware however is lying with WorldstreamNL.

1. Their LG page certificate is expired recently (not a big deal!).

Thanks for the cron to reboot nginx every day ran after you checked maybe.

1. I cannot push my full internet speed through their network. here is comparison:
    • Hetzner ~ 176 Mbps

• AlphaVPS ~ 164 Mbps

• ReadyDedis ~ 110 Mbps

People are able to pull more than that on our node not sure why you aren't able to.

• @Merlincool said:
    Sorry the voucher expired

Use one of this code during checkout (add the VPS 200 G8 to the cart first):

2052nc16155024190
    2052nc16156524200
    2052nc16156686250

Thanked by 1Merlincool
  • NoManNoMan Member

@salakis said:
    Hmm, for US-registered companies I could obviously see why customers from Iran are not welcome and maybe some EU-based companies want to mitigate uncertainty in case new sanctions were to be implemented.

I thought crypto payment anonymity & autonomy resulted in a decrease in non-U.S. firms' concern while dealing with Iranian client. But it seems I was wrong. :neutral:

Otherwise, I am blindly assuming that you're talking about connectivity to Iran, but have you considered Russia? There are quite a few affordable options and latency can be pretty low, as low as 50ms if I recall correctly. Furthermore it might be easier for you to sign up with Russian providers.

I checked Russian providers before. the latency is same as NL & DE (80~90ms)!
    their price–performance ratio (Hardware, NIC Uplink & Bandwidth) cannot compete with most European providers.

• NoManNoMan Member

@BharatB said:
    Upon paying yearly you get 2 months discount

even 2 months discount will put your service out of my budget. :smile:

I'm not sure why you think we're not a top-notch company. Have you read a bad review about us anywhere?

I haven't read bad review, my concern is most from lack of reviews, feedback and recommendation.

People are able to pull more than that on our node not sure why you aren't able to.

I just shared my experience.

• NoManNoMan Member

@danielcardosopt said:
    Use one of this code during checkout (add the VPS 200 G8 to the cart first):

2052nc16155024190
    2052nc16156524200
    2052nc16156686250

Thanks but I cannot order directly from Hetzner & Netcup.

• JioJio Member

@NoMan said: I thought crypto payment anonymity & autonomy resulted in a decrease in non-U.S. firms' concern while dealing with Iranian client. But it seems I was wrong. :neutral:

for one thing, RIPE's latest email says 'IP resources are considered economic resources' and 'there was no legal basis to exempt IP resources from sanctions', you would probably be ok looking for non-eu AND non-us.

• NoManNoMan Member

@Jio said:
    for one thing, RIPE's latest email says 'IP resources are considered economic resources' and 'there was no legal basis to exempt IP resources from sanctions', you would probably be ok looking for non-eu AND non-us.

even US companies can receive sanction exemption (recently GitHub, Inc) but European firms still can't protect an IP (as a property)?
    that was funny :smiley:

• JioJio Member

storing source code that a us company or gov can read is whole different thing ;)

• NoManNoMan Member

@Jio said:
    storing source code that a us company or gov can read is whole different thing ;)

I don't understand. they worry about what I'll do inside a VPS which may lead to putting their IP in danger? or the IP logging when connecting to VPS which will reveal an Iranian customer?