Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What you think about the NEW Clientexec Billing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What you think about the NEW Clientexec Billing?

Hello,

I'm looking for solutions, since WHMCS price have increased, until this day. I think WHMCS is the best solution in the market, of course there is Blesta.

At this moment, I'm using Hostbill.

What you guys think about the "NEW" Clientexec?
https://www.clientexec.com/coming-soon

What you expect? You think will be a nice competitor? What you would like to see? What they should focus to be better than WHMCS and others?

I'm open to hear your opinions, for you which Billing System (incluiding client etc) is the best at the market with a variety of options available?
Thank you

Comments

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@sandoz said:

You are considering switching from HostBill to Clientexec??

• @vero said:

@sandoz said:

< This

Hostbill is high quality and not cheap. Better than ClientExec in my opinion.

Help us understand why you don't like Hostbill?

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Hostbill is by far the best billing software for us. Specially for Hosting business.

We have used and still using WHMCS for more than a decade and recently we started testing Hostbill for our new project and we are really impressed.

Can't comment on Clientexec because we never use it.

Anyway if you ever consider to sale your hostbill license (If hostbill allow) then please contact us we will love to get that at fair price.. :wink:

Thanked by 2DarkCarnage webcraft
  • TejyTejy Member

It seems to be amazing and really nice compared to their current theme which is kind of... outdated and ugly. Also, HostBill seems to be the best solution on the market, but the pricing is so high...

I'm not sure that you will be convinced/satisfied by ClientExec if you're coming from Hostbill...

Let's wait until the release! :)

• The new ClientExec design looks really clean. I just don't understand why you'd move away from HostBill unless its missing plugins/modules you need.

• looks like a some free bootstrap template

• LeviLevi Member

Clientexec is barely better than Blesta. It is a one man show. That 7.0 version announcement is marinating for a looong time already. New skin won't cut it. They lack absolutely everywhere - from open source to basic payment modules.

There is bermuda triangle: WHMCS, Hostbill and Blesta. Don't bait that "all new" shiny skin, the crap under the hood still ugly.

Thanked by 3Ticaga coreflux kdh
  • coolicecoolice Member
    edited March 2021

WHMCS and its monthly only pricing model generates uncertainty (for host that do not have old owned licence) WHMCS decision in September 2020 to stop allowing transfers of owned licenses - generates additional uncertainty....

Only based on that software on which one business depend should never be classified as the best... and it is not only that

We finish our test migration from WHMCS to Hostbill and now (20 days) we are in a process of training with it after 7 years with WHMCS I can say that Hostbill is a way better and has a lot more functionality and soon we will switch to it our production site

New design of Client Exec look promising but it is lack a lot of features if you need something simple for shared hosting only and basic vps it can do the work... I will classify it as better than WHMCS for that usage case as it have owned license option ....

• LeviLevi Member

@coolice said: I can say that Hostbill is a way better and has a lot more functionality

If you think that monthly charge for software is "uncertainty", wait for Hostbill ;) . There is ONLY 2 or 3 devs on that monster. No testing, no backward compatibility checks between upgrades, a real zoo of modules/plugins which half does not work. Wanna know more about how often Hostbill has problems, just check their changelog. On top of that you need really massive capital to start with it.

If WHMCS is holding you - stay with it. It has massive team of developers and they are the leaders which is followed by other similar software.

• sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited March 2021

@ViridWeb said:
    Hostbill is by far the best billing software for us. Specially for Hosting business.

We have used and still using WHMCS for more than a decade and recently we started testing Hostbill for our new project and we are really impressed.

Anyway if you ever consider to sale your hostbill license (If hostbill allow) then please contact us we will love to get that at fair price.. :wink:

The trouble of Hostbill is doing Reselling Plans, how you do it? Is not so Easy like WHMCS.
    We are planning to have reseller web hosting plan, but is not so easy.

We use CPanel, we are thinking for example offering Reseller Plans with other Panel.
    Create a Plan with Hostbill to Reselling Litespeed Hosting for example.. Not so easy like WHMCS.
    How you did experience that?

@vero said:

@sandoz said:

No, no. I'm just curious what new Clientexec will bring to us.

• ddvuddvu Member

The new pricing model of WHMCS is analogue to current industry practices of going subscription model.

In the end, there is no real difference as you would anyways most probably pay for upgrades yearly so or so.

WHMCS has really improved its quality (especially internally) - so I am quite happy that their cashflow is being invested wisely.

Something that competitors will have to proof first imo.

• @Tejy said: It seems to be amazing and really nice compared to their current theme which is kind of... outdated and ugly.

We couldn't agree more! :smile: A modern look has been a long time coming.

@LTniger said: Clientexec is barely better than Blesta. It is a one man show. That 7.0 version announcement is marinating for a looong time already. New skin won't cut it. They lack absolutely everywhere - from open source to basic payment modules.

I appreciate your honest thoughts though I did want to touch on a couple of points you made. First, Clientexec does have a small team behind it and is not a one-man show. In fact, we'll also be looking to add a developer to the team in the coming weeks.

I can understand it has been a while since we announced v7 though being our largest update ever we did anticipate it being a while away. In our v7 communication, we have been making it clear the expected release timeframe is Q2 2021, and things are going to plan so we are still expecting to release v7 by the end of Q2.

With that being said, v7 is getting much more than just a new skin. To name a few other changes: An affiliate system, an entirely new reporting engine, significant under the hood improvements that will put us in a position to design & implement radically different order forms (for example, one-page order forms), and more!

I'm curious to know which payment gateway modules you felt we're missing? We have more payment methods than Blesta and are always open to adding more.

@coolice said: New design of Client Exec look promising but it is lack a lot of features if you need something simple for shared hosting only and basic vps it can do the work... I will classify it as better than WHMCS for that usage case as it have owned license option ....

I wish you all the best with your transition to HostBill! I hope it goes to plan and they serve you well :). We're all about trying to improve the product, and the only way to do that is through honest feedback. Were there specific features you were looking for that you felt we didn't have?

Overall our end goal is to improve the product, and it doesn't end with v7. We are very receptive to feedback so if anyone felt we are missing a feature or something wasn't quite right, my email is always open ([email protected]).

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2021

@sandoz said:

@ViridWeb said:

The trouble of Hostbill is doing Reselling Plans, how you do it? Is not so Easy like WHMCS.

We use CPanel, we are thinking for example offering Reseller Plans with other Panel.
    Create a Plan with Hostbill to Reselling Litespeed Hosting for example.. Not so easy like WHMCS.
    How you did experience that?

we do not use Hostbill for shared hosting purposes. We are using it for cloud services. So are not sure about reseller hosting.

But as per their documentation and product info page the plugin can do this easily just like WHMCS. You can sale reseller hosting accounts as well

https://hostbillapp.com/feature/cpanel-overview/

@sandoz said:
    Create a Plan with Hostbill to Reselling Litespeed Hosting for example..

Sorry i don't understand that. Litespeed is a webserver.

If you mean cpanel reseller hosting powered by litespeed then the above mentioned plugin maybe work I think

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited March 2021

@LTniger said:

@coolice said: I can say that Hostbill is a way better and has a lot more functionality

If you think that monthly charge for software is "uncertainty", wait for Hostbill ;) . There is ONLY 2 or 3 devs on that monster. No testing, no backward compatibility checks between upgrades, a real zoo of modules/plugins which half does not work. Wanna know more about how often Hostbill has problems, just check their changelog. On top of that you need really massive capital to start with it.

If WHMCS is holding you - stay with it. It has massive team of developers and they are the leaders which is followed by other similar software.

Well monthly + removal of ability to transfer owned licenses = something fishy is going on an that software is maybe preparing to become greedy and to try to insert itself to be partner in my business by wanting a percentage cut from my income for example and that is an extremely no go zone for me...

And if you wake me up and ask me do will I replace $39 monthly software which is potentially doing something fishy with another one with a $1000 or $1600 license price and then yearly upgrade fee but that will cut the ability of the software provider to insert itself in my business I will say YES every day ... even the features are the same (and they are more)

Plus WHMCS lacks some functionality all Hostbill modules we use works for us as intended

We allready invested in Enterprise license but I plan to upgrade Datacenter one as it has some features I want to test :) that we do not need yet but maybe in the future

Do not prise WHMCS devs... I stay on LTS because they are so good... and upgrade from LTS to LTS only couple of days before older LTS expire...

• @sandoz said:

I do not know about cPanel as We do not have reseller with cPanel We are new to Hostbill - we just training with it - it is not in production yet

But for DirectAdmin you go to Settings > Product and Services > Order Pages > Your Services and in the service > Connect With App Genera tab you check mark it as reseller and it reads reseller plans from the server and you can sell them with auto provision ... (should be similar with cPanel)

My bussiness partner classified as work as intended so it works with DirectAdmin

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@LTniger said: There is ONLY 2 or 3 devs on that monster. No testing, no backward compatibility checks between upgrades, a real zoo of modules/plugins which half does not work. Wanna know more about how often Hostbill has problems, just check their changelog.

How many times you have faced these issues?

@coolice said: we just training with it

How is your experience so far in terms of usability, ease of use, functions not working as intended?

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited March 2021

@Alex_Clientexec said:

@coolice said: New design of Client Exec look promising but it is lack a lot of features if you need something simple for shared hosting only and basic vps it can do the work... I will classify it as better than WHMCS for that usage case as it have owned license option ....

I wish you all the best with your transition to HostBill! I hope it goes to plan and they serve you well :). We're all about trying to improve the product, and the only way to do that is through honest feedback. Were there specific features you were looking for that you felt we didn't have?

Overall our end goal is to improve the product, and it doesn't end with v7. We are very receptive to feedback so if anyone felt we are missing a feature or something wasn't quite right, my email is always open ([email protected]).

I almost bough your product owned license when you have a promo of the owned license at the end of the last year :) the only thing that stopped me is that we do not have a project / secondary brand for it at the moment and it is not suitable for main one

Do not get me wrong I like it... we are just in a very specific usage case that Hostbill covers and will cover...

We operate couple of small Proxmox clusters / clouds to drive our web hosting infrastructure so I wanted a Proxmox module to sell something extra as we allready has that set up...

And as sysadmin locked in the woods due to covid that like advanced setups and with nothing better to do my 2021 challenge is to setup full OpenStack and training with it and if I'm satisfied with my challenge results and manage to brake it / fix it couple of times successfully for the next six months then In the end of the year we will need an OpenStack module (I hope)

Both are covered by Hostbill Enterprise licenses (on top of shared hosting)

What I additionally find useful in Datacenter license even we are a small provider are status updates - which I think should be included in all

And password manager module with logs which staff accessed what and when

I know we can buy only them but it is tempting to have all as we plan to grow

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited March 2021

@MechanicWeb said:

@coolice said: we just training with it

How is your experience so far in terms of usability, ease of use, functions not working as intended?

Not intuitive was that you have to have queue cron enabled to import services from the server and in an test / training version no one usually start crons

I'm ok with it basic daily operations are intuitive enough I spend more time on DA side what I do find strange was that webmail link was hardcoded to squiremail :D or I think it was

and then SBG happens and we do not spend more time this week on it and I want stress free weekend so next we week we will train with it again

What I want is a CSF unblocker for DA - cPanel module has such

Thanked by 1MechanicWeb

@coolice said: Not intuitive was that you have to have queue cron enabled to import services from the server and in an test / training version no one usually start crons

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I have been eyeing it for a while but it would require migrating existing data which kind of put me off.

Strange that it does not have CSF module for DA.

• LeviLevi Member

@MechanicWeb said:

@LTniger said: There is ONLY 2 or 3 devs on that monster. No testing, no backward compatibility checks between upgrades, a real zoo of modules/plugins which half does not work. Wanna know more about how often Hostbill has problems, just check their changelog.

How many times you have faced these issues?

3 years I was with hostbill. It wasn't pleasant.

• For those that don't have the WHMCS owned License, why don't more move to Blesta?

Not including HostBill in this conversation because it's out of my price-range, if you're looking at moving away from the new higher prices of WHMCS, isn't Blesta the best between:
    1) Clientexec
    2) Blesta
    3) AWBS.com (formerly DRAMS)
    4) BoxBilling
    ?

• LeviLevi Member
    Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • @LTniger said:

https://www.ispsystem.com/software/billmanager

Miles better than Blesta or Clientexec.

Thank you 😊
    How much is their lifetime license?

• LeviLevi Member

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@LTniger said:

Thank you 😊
    How much is their lifetime license?

Contact them or search resellers (better price).

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • coolicecoolice Member
    edited March 2021

This is the fine example for the top notch premium up of the line WHMCS ,

They develop it so well that their own support is unable to help :o

WHMCS PayPal Duplicate Subscription IDs, Invoice marked as Unpaid, WHMCS unable to help !...

And my inside

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@LTniger said:

We'd move to Billmanager if they had a module for our finance software :\

May be worth to develop our own tho.

• edited March 2021

@MikePT said:

@LTniger said:

And that gets to the heart of the problem for moving away from WHMCS. Bank of America, has a great rate for credit card processing and acts as both the processor and Authorizer so no third party is needed (saving us $).

The only module that exists for Bank of America supports WHMCS. If we switch to Blesta or Client Exec, we either have to pay the middle man Authorize.net & Bank of America as well, or pay to create a new module that works with Client Exec. Both of those options are more expensive than paying WHMCS more than the others charge.

Is there other services besides Bank of America that have modules for Client Exec or Blesta?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@MikePT said:

@LTniger said:

And that gets to the heart of the problem for moving away from WHMCS. Bank of America, has a great rate for credit card processing and acts as both the processor and Authorizer so no third party is needed (saving us $).

The only module that exists for Bank of America supports WHMCS. If we switch to Blesta or Client Exec, we either have to pay the middle man Authorize.net & Bank of America as well, or pay to create a new module that works with Client Exec. Both of those options are more expensive than paying WHMCS more than the others charge.

Is there other services besides Bank of America that have modules for Client Exec or Blesta?

Can't you port the module? Or ask for its source and port it?

@LTniger said: 3 years I was with hostbill. It wasn't pleasant.

My condolences :)