Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner cloud is KVM? Any other competitive KVM vps in EU?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner cloud is KVM? Any other competitive KVM vps in EU?

Hi,

I'm looking in Hetzner for some time now and I'm thinking about to go with them as its close to my country. My question is are their servers KVM? As I understand from their FAQ they are. Also anyone knows about their email sending limits? Does email limits from their web hosting also applies to their cloud servers (500 per hour)?

And as last, are there any other competitive providers in EU? I was looking for contabo, but while I spoke with their support, they have limits to SMTP (only 1 SMTP connection can be active at a time) which means many of my emails can be skipped when I'm sending them to members of my business.

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2021

other competitive KVM vps in EU

No other providers do offer the KVM vps in EU, so the answer is No :smiley: :smiley: It's only one provider in whole EU zone :smiley: :smiley:

Just kidding, for SMTP relay use Amazon, MXroute

• No matter the provider - if you intend on pushing a high volume of email- you should check with them first. If 500/ hr concerns you, you really should check with each vendor ahead of time. Also, I presume your list is double opt in? or again you might have issues if many people say its spam.

• I'm fine even with 300 per hour. I have base of 3000-4000 emails, to whom I send 1 or max 2 emails per month (same email to everyone) with phplist script. As up till now, I never had any problems with my previous provider. These emails are purely from members of company and not any bought type email base. Regarding double opt-in, sorry for my stupidity I had to check on Google what exactly that means :smiley:
    No, it's not double opt-in at all. Emails are not some random emails (as I mentioned before)., let me explain. I'm selling cosmetic (catalogue sales) and every consultant in my group gives us their email so they can be informed with news each month. I had vps with server4you since 2015 and never had any problems with emailing, also IP and domain are not marked as spam. I would even stay with server4you, but they took away license of Plesk in my package without any notice when I paid for package that includes Plesk for 10 domains.

Reason I'm searching for KVM server is all better free panels needs quota.

• maybe netcup? Or mailgun.

• 10301030 Member
    edited March 2021

Netcup has mostly blacklisted ip's. So if you want to send emails, good luck. And when you ask for clean IP, they won't give you. And when you don't pay that vps with blacklisted ip then they send your details to Intrum GmbH debt collection agency. Don't ask how I know.

• nfnnfn Veteran

Netcup is an excellent choice. Root servers are very performant and affordable. I'm using them for the last 5 years without a single problem, you just need to pay your bills on time.
    I use SES to send email.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

In 2021, mass mailing without double opt-in from a VPS (from a reliable provider) ain't going to work for very long.

• Most of reliable providers disallow double opt-in, you confused me now. Again, my mailing list is internal list who agreed to receive emails from their sponsors and leaders (in my case I'm leader of group) upon joining to company. Even when GDPR was introduced, I had to confirm with every member back then and also now they sign agreement with company. I follow rules, no worries about that.