Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iProVPN Lifetime Deal 34$ on Stacksocial & Short Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iProVPN Lifetime Deal 34$ on Stacksocial & Short Review

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited March 2021 in General

So recently some new VPN lifetime deals popped up on Stacksocial.
One of them was iProVPN. Already after visiting their website I was pretty sure it was yet another reseller from either PureVPN/Ivacy or FastestVPN. I took it for a spin and I can say with confidence that this is yet another possibility to jump on the PureVPN/Ivacy/FastestVPN reseller ship. The website looks basically identical, DNS resolves like FastestVPN's (FastestVPN: dns3.p01.nsone.net ; iProVPN: dns1.p01.nsone.net ) and the Windows Apps look pretty much the same, too. One of the screenshots below also indicates they may be actually reselling FastestVPN ;)

Overall, I thought iProVPN looked a bit more slick and clean, so if you wanna jump on that Lifetime ship of the PureVPN resellers but thought FastestVPN looks rather cluncky, maybe give this one a shot.

Like I said many times, having at least one lifetime deal of a PureVPN reseller is not bad imho. The device limits are usually gratious and unlike Keepsolid do count concurrent devices. Unblocking Streaming services, AdBlock and NATFirewall are some of the perks that are usually inherited by the VPN they are reselling (weather that would be PureVPN/Ivacy/Fastest).
FastestVPN and iProVPN have the advantage over Ivacy in so far as that their lifetime deal description does not mention the "5 year limit" after which you need to contact support to renew.

Right now it probably has fewer locations than FastestVPN and the Browser Extension (Chrome) only shows very few servers. There is a "Streaming" Server on UDP protocol only on the Windows App for "US, UK and India" streaming services. It does not indicate the specific services, however. Flix US on Windows wouldn't let me login to Netflix stating wrong password even though without VPN it worked (either my laptop was bugged or some new Flix measures?) but worked fine on their Android App.

Speeds were mediocre-good on the Windows App and good on the Chrome Extension.
Some Speedtests:

My Internet without VPN: 100 Mbit/s Download, 100 Mbit/s Upload.

VPN Servers (IKEV2):

Barcelona: 23 Mbit/s Download, 16 Mbit/s Upload

Germany: 47 Mbit/s Download, 17 Mbit/s Upload

USA (New York): 28 Mbit/s Download, 17 Mbit/s Upload

Do they support streaming? Yes.
Flix/BBC iPlayer, Hulu..: On the Windows App select UDP Protocol and look for "Streaming" Servers. They have US, UK and India "Streaming Servers", though it does not indicate which service specifically is unblocked.

Speedtest for the Streaming Servers using UDP was fairly good (except the last, heh):

Speedtest UDP "US Streaming": 73 Mbit/s Download, 63 Mbit/s Upload
"UK Streaming": 47 Mbit/s Download, 87 Mbit/s Upload
"India Streaming": 1.8 Mbit/s Download, 5.5 Mbit/s Upload

Browser extension: Only few locations, no "Streaming" Option. France, Italy, Japan, Russia, Netherlands, USA are the locations of the chrome extension.

iProVPN comes at 39,99$ on Stacksocial and can be brought done to 34$ using the code "AUOHF37T".

While having a PureVPN reseller lifetime deal is not bad, the question reminds whether this should be the one to get. FastestVPN may be more advanced but I, personally, like iProVPN's design more. If this is the first lifetime VPN deal for you, go back and get Keepsolid VPN. Just do it. You will thanks me later :)

Find some more screenshots below:

The first one is for the giggles. This is their chrome extension which does not looks similar to FastestVPN's app at all :)

P.S.: Try not to look for video reviews on YouTube on this one like I did. There are only videos from 1 person and it is a computer voice scrolling through a PDF Document with screenshots of the VPN explaining stuff.

Kind regards and have an awesome sunday my friends ;)

Ympker

Comments

• wait for cheaper sale.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @vbloods said:
    wait for cheaper sale.

Yeah. Also, if FastestVPN is often on sale for 15-20$ just get that one. Would only pay 40$ for Ivacy Lifetime directly, but that one is actually only 5 years soo..

• Thanks for review, any opinion on yodata? it's also on stacksocial.

• @Bardulf said:
    Thanks for review, any opinion on yodata? it's also on stacksocial.

Np :) Haven't tested them yet, but what I read wasn't good.

Thanked by 1Bardulf
  • Thank you once again for the detailed review. I am seriously thinking about getting another vpn license besides vpnunlimited with following features:
    1-leaseweb hongkong servers
    2-leaseweb NL/DE servers
    3-Netflix/DisneyPlus/Prime streaming
    4-Bittorrent port forwarding

I know these are cheap lifetime resellers and its probably a long shot for port forwarding thing, but is there any chance ivacy or its resellers satisfy first three?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @xetsys said:
    Thank you once again for the detailed review. I am seriously thinking about getting another vpn license besides vpnunlimited with following features:
    1-leaseweb hongkong servers
    2-leaseweb NL/DE servers
    3-Netflix/DisneyPlus/Prime streaming
    4-Bittorrent port forwarding

I know these are cheap lifetime resellers and its probably a long shot for port forwarding thing, but is there any chance ivacy or its resellers satisfy first three?

I think Ivacy claims to unblock all of 3) and so do claim, technically, FastestVPN and iProVPN.

About leasewebservers, you can go to each of their knowledgebases (ivacy/fastest/ipro) and look for "vpn server list", then ping the IP addresses. Or ask them in the chat? :)

Port forwarding is probably only supported by Ivacy iirc and costs extra. You could ask them in live chat though :)

Thanked by 1xetsys
  • jpengjpeng Barred

I got purevpn for 2 years for 60 USD. (bought half of one year ago).
    Am I silly? :(

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2021

@jpeng said:

Well, PureVPN is kinda the "original". It has all their latest features which are gradually integrateded into their resellers (probably depending on how sucessfull they are). 60$/2 years is not a bad price for a VPN, but just get a Keepsolid or Ivacy (if you want similar to pureVPN) license :)

• jpengjpeng Barred

@Ympker said:

@jpeng said:

Well, PureVPN is kinda the "original". It has all their latest features which are gradually integrateded into their resellers (probably depending on how sucessfull they are). 60$/2 years is not a bad price for a VPN, but just get a Keepsolid or Ivacy (if you want similar to pureVPN) license :)

do you have keepsolid for 1x USD for lifetime? thanks.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2021

@jpeng said:

@Ympker said:

@jpeng said:

do you have keepsolid for 1x USD for lifetime? thanks.

I paid some 30$ for it back in 2016 and use it ever since. If you are asking whether I only had to pay once, then yes. Only one time payment :)

Check my signature for all the lifetime vpn deals I picked up.

• jpengjpeng Barred

@Ympker what I meant is, do you have a refer who can sign up keepsolid for less than 20 USD of lifetime?

thanks.

• @jpeng said:

@Ympker what I meant is, do you have a refer who can sign up keepsolid for less than 20 USD of lifetime?

thanks.

Right now, not. But there are always sales ever so often (many sales for even 15$ in the past).

Thanked by 1jpeng
  • @Ympker said:

snip

Thank you for pointing me in that direction. Didn't know the hosts were publically available. I just tried a traceroute and was surprised with the findings. Ivacy doesnt have any leaseweb based hongkong or singapore server. But FastestVPN does. This makes it so much better for Asian customers as leaseweb has great peering due to their POPs in almost all of the major IXPs. Now I am looking to order, would it be better to use their site or stacksocial or dealmirror? I remember reading your review that FastestVPN has introduced some pro feature. Might as well grab a lifetime with this

• @xetsys said:

@Ympker said:

snip

Thank you for pointing me in that direction. Didn't know the hosts were publically available. I just tried a traceroute and was surprised with the findings. Ivacy doesnt have any leaseweb based hongkong or singapore server. But FastestVPN does. This makes it so much better for Asian customers as leaseweb has great peering due to their POPs in almost all of the major IXPs. Now I am looking to order, would it be better to use their site or stacksocial or dealmirror? I remember reading your review that FastestVPN has introduced some pro feature. Might as well grab a lifetime with this

I think FastestVPN is cheaper on Stacksocial/Dealmirror than on their official website. But the deal from their official website also is nice as it currently offers 2TB cloud storage along with lifetime iirc. "Pro" can only be paid as sub (no pro lifetime iirc).

Thanked by 1xetsys
  • JioJio Member

@Ympker said: I think FastestVPN is cheaper on Stacksocial/Dealmirror than on their official website. But the deal from their official website also is nice as it currently offers 2TB cloud storage along with lifetime iirc. "Pro" can only be paid as sub (no pro lifetime iirc).

The cloud storage deal is worthless, don't bother with it if it makes your purchasing decision

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Jio said:

@Ympker said: I think FastestVPN is cheaper on Stacksocial/Dealmirror than on their official website. But the deal from their official website also is nice as it currently offers 2TB cloud storage along with lifetime iirc. "Pro" can only be paid as sub (no pro lifetime iirc).

The cloud storage deal is worthless, don't bother with it if it makes your purchasing decision

I already have FastesVPN mate :P Thanks, though.

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited March 2021

@Jio said:
    >

I just purchased a sub. I am unable to login to windows because of some error and the servers I referred earlier are overloaded. Android app is not bad though. Hopefully support will be able to help but I am already thinking about refund. It would be useless if I can't use it on PC. The windows app shows I am not connected to internet despite being whitelisted in firewall. Won't recommend to anyone lol

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2021

@xetsys said:

@Jio said:
    >

I just purchased a sub. I am unable to login to windows because of some error and the servers I referred earlier are overloaded. Android app is not bad though. Hopefully support will be able to help but I am already thinking about refund. It would be useless if I can't use it on PC. The windows app shows I am not connected to internet despite being whitelisted in firewall. Won't recommend to anyone lol

Windows App was working fine for me the other day. Try uninstalling any other tap driver/vpn you have installed. Also uninstall FastestVPN. Reboot. Reinstall.

Meanwhile you can also try setting up OpenVPN manually (with the official OpenVPN Client). Should work like a charm :)

Thanked by 1xetsys
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

What's the average lifetime of a VPN company? It seems very nice since I currently pay for protonvpn. What's the log policy like?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2021

@ezeth said:
    What's the average lifetime of a VPN company? It seems very nice since I currently pay for protonvpn. What's the log policy like?

Ivacy has been around since ~ 2010 and PureVPN since ~2008, if memory serves right. VPN Unlimited/Keepsolid has been around sincd ~2012 and Windscribe since ~2015/16. These are just rough numbers out of the top of my head. Privacy Policy depends on the provider, but I like how transparent Keepsolid's is.

https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/help/more-about-vpn/best-no-log-vpn