Re: RamNode and InMotion Hosting
My name is Sunil and I’m the co-founder of InMotion Hosting. I understand that there has been some speculation about the acquisition of RamNode by InMotion Hosting. We were planning on sending out the official press releases next week, but I wanted to give you a brief update here.
- InMotion Hosting, via our acquisition arm WebVentures.io, did acquire the assets of RamNode in early February.
- Nick and I really felt that InMotion Hosting was the best move for his customers and employees.
- InMotion Hosting will continue to run the RamNode brand as-is. No re-branding, consolidation or changes to the core product line is on the table right now.
- All staff, outside of Nick, have come over in the deal. It is my core focus that we will do our best to maintain the culture, quality of support and technical experience that you all have come to expect from RamNode.
- Nick is a great guy, he and I have spent quite a bit of time on the phone getting to know each other personally and professionally. Additionally, the CTO of RamNode is a former InMotion Hosting employee, and his technical background and experience will be valuable as we grow the RamNode business.
- Along with a match in core values, there is synergy in our technical roadmaps, which we plan to build on. Especially our shared vision of building easily-accessible and high-performance clouds on OpenStack.
Hope this provides some clarity. Be on the lookout for our official press releases next week.
Co-Founder, InMotion Hosting