Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest location in US in terms of Power, Bandwidth, Space?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest location in US in terms of Power, Bandwidth, Space?

I was wondering where is the cheapest location in US in terms of Power, Bandwidth, Space to colocate a few racks? Texas?

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

My short list would be Dallas, Atlanta, maybe Charlotte & Vegas

Thanked by 1Yakooza
  • Kansas City.

• KS

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

For sure Kansas City, Dallas, and Las Vegas are other decent spots.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Las Vegas is not in the same budget as Dallas TX and Kansas City MO.

• Buffalo,NY; kansas

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2021

Look for a provider that offers the carriers, remote hands, and other features that you need first.

At the "a few racks" level, cost won't matter much as long as you aren't going to one of the expensive cities.

Having the cheapest price by $7 per month doesn't matter when you have to pay more for cross connects, waves to other facilities, expensive/ineffective remote hands, etc.

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

@Yakooza said:
    I was wondering where is the cheapest location in US in terms of Power, Bandwidth, Space to colocate a few racks? Texas?

Dallas would be the top location. Feel free to hit me up will be glad to help you out. We are located in the Infomart building.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2021

Not sure how it compares to other cities nor what their pricing is like for individual racks, but I think HE in Fremont are pretty competitive with their pricing on a 42U cabinet with GbE

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2021

@Yakooza said:

I'm in Houston (Spring), Texas

What you looking for exactly? Send me a PM.