Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stupid question about RIPE membership
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stupid question about RIPE membership

If a member stops paying the annual fee, will RIPE take away the address allocation and deactivate the ASN?

Comments

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited February 2021

Yes, after a while. Might want to check their policy: https://www.ripe.net/participate/member-support/payment/ripe-ncc-billing-procedure-2020#3-4-payment-time-frame

Note that sponsored entities will be contacted by RIPE NCC and be put in some sort of quarantine giving the opportunity to find a new sponsoring LIR. (If this is applicable to you, please contact me - we'll happily take over sponsorships).

Thanked by 1levnode
  • I'm just exchanging emails with you :p You already know why I asked for a discount if I'm on a lowendtalk looking for cheap servers at $3/annually :D

• HostStageHostStage Member, Host Rep

@RickBakkr said: nsored entities will be contacted by RIPE NCC and be put in some sort of quarantine giving the opportunity to find a new sponsoring LIR. (If this is applicable to you, please contact me - we'll happily take over sponsorships).

Do you mean that there is a status of sponsored entities besides the LIR membership ?
    What do you obtain from that status? I'm not sure to understand the sponsorship part as well

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited March 2021

@HostStage said:
    Do you mean that there is a status of sponsored entities besides the LIR membership ?
    What do you obtain from that status? I'm not sure to understand the sponsorship part as well

Non-members can obtain ASNs and IPv6 PI from the RIPE NCC through someone who IS a member. They call that sponsoring. Either an entity is a member and requests himself, or he asks a member to sponsor him and request resources on his behalf.