Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Linux VPS for Email server with clean IP.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Linux VPS for Email server with clean IP.

I want to host my own email server for my 15+ domains. I am looking for a clean IP, a kernel that can handle docker and mailcow. I have this offer: 29.99 EUR/yr.

CPU: 2 vCPU intel® Xeon®
RAM: 8 GB DDR4-2133 ECC REG
Storage: 80 GB SSD
Bandwidth: 8 TB, 1 Gbps

Can someone offer me a better deal? I'm looking for more space, I can easily live with 6gb RAM but I need extra space 150-180gb would be great. I hate intel but I'll live with it too. It's very important that the IP is clean and was never used for spam. I plan using it for regular emails. No bulk email or advertisment.

Comments

• 8 GB WOW, stay there.

(I had the feeling this will becoming ads)

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • I WANT A TOILETTE OF MASSIVE GOLD !!!!!! no push-up's !!!!

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@cold said: no push-up's !!!!

No double bandwidth for you, Sir. 🤷‍♂️

Thanked by 2yoursunny cold
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

For mail server 4GB of RAM is plenty good luck with your budget and find provider with IPv4 reputation above normal so you will be ready to “email”.

• @sibaper said:
    8 GB WOW, stay there.

(I had the feeling this will becoming ads)

Thank you for your feedback. I am new in the VPS world and prices but I've heared for this forum from one of my friends. I believe the price is good but there are some stupid limitations like 1. can't buy more storage (have to upgrade plan with ram and CPU, I don't need) 2. Kernel is pretty old version 3.10 so I have some problems with docker and mailcow and so on. (Can't be updated).

• @bjordanov said:
    I want to host my own email server for my 15+ domains. I am looking for a clean IP, a kernel that can handle docker and mailcow. I have this offer: 29.99 EUR/yr.

Can someone offer me a better deal? I'm looking for more space, I can easily live with 6gb RAM but I need extra space 150-180gb would be great. I hate intel but I'll live with it too. It's very important that the IP is clean and was never used for spam. I plan using it for regular emails. No bulk email or advertisment.

This a too good to be true deal. Take it and run with it. Keep offsite backup regardless of who you hosting with.

It will be close to impossible to match that kind of pricing.

Thanked by 1bjordanov
  • you can use smtp relay service if you have a problem with ip reputation.

• @jcarlo9 said:
    you can use smtp relay service if you have a problem with ip reputation.

No budget for this and kinda defeats the purpose if I'm using a 3rd party or anyone else.

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited February 2021

WHERE DID U GET THAT OFFER?!?!?!?!??!

Amazon SES gives like 60k free emails a month I think. Otherwise you might want to go with mxroute.

• I am a first timer here and don't won't to spam links. Don't have the time to read all the rules. I want to help you guys out with information so hit me up on PM.> @duckeeyuck said:

WHERE DID U GET THAT OFFER?!?!?!?!??!

Amazon SES gives like 60k free emails a month I think. Otherwise you might want to go with mxroute.

It is a personal promo offer. I'm their client from the times when their company just started.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • @bjordanov said: It is a personal promo offer. I'm their client from the times when their company just started.

Well, the advice here is to keep that offer because you're very unlikely to find a better offer.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

Hi,
    why don't you choose a dedicated server? You can find one within your budget.

• @NetDynamics24 said:
    You can find one within your budget.

Link please, I would order 3 of them straight away.
    Perhaps you misread 30/y with 30/m ?

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2021

@Pilzbaum said:
    Perhaps you misread 30/y with 30/m ?

You are right, I am really sorry.

Thanked by 1Pilzbaum
  • @angstrom said:

@bjordanov said: It is a personal promo offer. I'm their client from the times when their company just started.

Well, the advice here is to keep that offer because you're very unlikely to find a better offer.

It sounds like a openvz instance, but still, a good deal.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @WebProject said:

For mail server 4GB of RAM is plenty good

Overkill*

• @elliotc said:

@angstrom said:

@bjordanov said: It is a personal promo offer. I'm their client from the times when their company just started.

It sounds like a openvz instance, but still, a good deal.

Yes, it probably is, which would partly explain the price (but, as you say, it's a good deal nevertheless).

(I can't quite figure out why 80 GB isn't enough space for a personal email server.)

• @bjordanov said:

@jcarlo9 said:
    you can use smtp relay service if you have a problem with ip reputation.

No budget for this and kinda defeats the purpose if I'm using a 3rd party or anyone else.

It's affordable, $1 per month + $0.2 per 1000 emails sent

• This is already the best offer you can get.
    As for kernel version, is it LXC or OpenVZ? If so you may want to get a KVM with less resources (a mail server doesn’t require this huge specs)

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

‎€2.5/m for 8GB is a steal. Should probably take that.

Thanked by 1bjordanov
  • Everyone is freaking out about the price, but if it’s a mail server that is needed, then that clean IP is most important. Can anyone comment on where to find one, or how to determine if an IP is clean?

• @scooke said:
    Everyone is freaking out about the price, but if it’s a mail server that is needed, then that clean IP is most important. Can anyone comment on where to find one, or how to determine if an IP is clean?

9/10 times, MXRoute or something similar will be better than hosting your own email server. If you really hate yourself, you can use something like mail-tester

• ip4s have been used and reused so much, it'll be like trying to find a new $1 bill that no one has touched. Grab a VPS and spend a moment to run through the blacklists and apply to clear them.
    We did this with a new VPS recently and it took about 48 hours to clean the IP, including the Outlook/Hotmail maze.

Thanked by 1scooke
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I can name VPS providers with decent IP reputation as a general rule, or ones that have low yearly pricing with large memory allocations. I am unable to account for any that have both.

And no I'm not trying to sell my service, I just enjoyed thinking about it as I have a messy filling cabinet in my head for this subject.

• @jar said:
    I can name VPS providers with decent IP reputation as a general rule, or ones that have low yearly pricing with large memory allocations. I am unable to account for any that have both.

And no I'm not trying to sell my service, I just enjoyed thinking about it as I have a messy filling cabinet in my head for this subject.

Care to share the names of those VPS providers? Thank you!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@scooke said:

@jar said:

Care to share the names of those VPS providers? Thank you!

Exoscale is the first that comes to mind, really had great luck with them. Filter heavily, don’t ruin it :)

• OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

@bjordanov said:
    29.99 EUR/yr.

:o