Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CONTABO - high performance 8 cores ssd vps BENCHMARK - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CONTABO - high performance 8 cores ssd vps BENCHMARK

13»

Comments

• View the Poll result before order. Choose the best HPs from the list.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@miu said: And what when:

i prepaid half or year
    i do not need spend 80TB monthly (what is really relatively much and quite good value for dedicated server not for VPS)
    Then is price practically the same + as i mentioned when consider my experiences with performance and compare them, NetCUP is IMO 10x better choice and better price/what u get value. But enjoy your Contabo i see no problem in it. Unfortunately From my experience they provided me one of the most worse VPS (price/performance value) what I >get from someone provider ever, but maybe u had more fortune at them as me.

If you prepay on contabo for half a year your savings will be 9,80 EUR for the first moth and after that 12.31 p/m, as netcup only gives a discount for 12 months.
    And im guessing that was your fist expirience with Contabo. Maybe in a few years you will try again and see better resoults.

edited February 2021

Btw here is mine 4 vcpu 8 gb from contabo

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sat 27 Feb 2021 04:16:27 PM CET

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7282 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2799.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 7.8 GiB
    Swap       : 4.0 GiB
    Disk       : 197.2 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 5.29 MB/s     (1.3k) | 63.95 MB/s     (999)
    Write      | 5.31 MB/s     (1.3k) | 64.38 MB/s    (1.0k)
    Total      | 10.61 MB/s    (2.6k) | 128.33 MB/s   (2.0k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 528.83 MB/s   (1.0k) | 626.40 MB/s    (611)
    Write      | 556.93 MB/s   (1.0k) | 668.12 MB/s    (652)
    Total      | 1.08 GB/s     (2.1k) | 1.29 GB/s     (1.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 191 Mbits/sec   | 196 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 190 Mbits/sec   | 198 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 189 Mbits/sec   | 198 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 184 Mbits/sec   | 191 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 175 Mbits/sec   | 187 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 178 Mbits/sec   | 185 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 188 Mbits/sec   | 195 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 188 Mbits/sec   | 196 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 186 Mbits/sec   | 196 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 182 Mbits/sec   | 189 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 174 Mbits/sec   | 182 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 685
    Multi Core      | 2117
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6717050

Thanked by 3themew pbx iphonephu
  • miumiu Member
    edited February 2021

@skorupion said:
    Btw here is mine 4 vcpu 8 gb from contabo

Thank you for your sharing. What u have and pay is imo ok.

I also shared what i got from Contabo as high performance VPS and my experiences, what is imo disaster (as i said one of the most worse VPS (price/performance ratio) what i got from any provider ever)

Thanked by 1iphonephu
    edited February 2021

@miu said: Thank you for your sharing. What u have and pay is imo ok.

I also shared what i got from Contabo as high performance VPS and my experiences, what is imo disaster (as i said one of the most worse VPS (price/performance ratio) what i got from any provider ever)

Ye you just got a bad node, honestly if I got one I would prob be as mad as u

Thanked by 1miu
  • @miu said: they provided me one of the most worse VPS

Wow girl, attutide! You didn't even contact them to ask why the GB5 multicore result is so low, instead you started crying here because you think that'd solve your problem quicker? 🤡 I wonder what would it have taken you to contact their support team and get it fixed within 2 hours and be happy for the rest of your time instead of asking for a refund without even being eligible for it. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • @miroc said:

@miu said: they provided me one of the most worse VPS

Wow girl, attutide! You didn't even contact them to ask why the GB5 multicore result is so low, instead you started crying here because you think that'd solve your problem quicker? 🤡 I wonder what would it have taken you to contact their support team and get it fixed within 2 hours and be happy for the rest of your time instead of asking for a refund without even being eligible for it. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Man. You are so wise: First i got VPS1400, with also bad Multi score (hard limited). Then i upgraded on higher "High performance VPS SSD L" with hope that performance will be better. And got this what benchmark i have posted on top. I killed several days with this matter (ticket ping pong and result is mentioned VPS). And this is no definition for good provider for me: When u as standart get hard limited VPS and must open ticket and beg for improve performance. What is this?? I never had such problem with good providers (for example what i have in sign)

• merlinvnmerlinvn Member
    edited February 2021

@miroc said:

Did you ever try to contact Contabo to ask for a support? In case of there is an outage there would be no respond and after 2 days, they send out email and said problems was fixed :smiley:

Thanked by 1miu
  • @merlinvn said:

@miroc said:

Did you ever try to contact Contabo to ask for a support? In case of there is an outage there would be no respond and after 2 days, they send out email and said problems was fixed :smiley:

And i can also confirm that average response time was approx after 1 day, not within 2 hours as you @miroc here claim

Thanked by 2merlinvn pbx
  • Also when i send them email that gave me blacklisted IPv4 with first VPS and ask them for replace it with clean one, they not responded ever on this.

Thanked by 1merlinvn
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2021

Usually, the people that complain about Contabo on this forum can be categorized in the following categories:

1) People complaining about low SSD speed even though it has been posted in numerous threads here that opening a ticket, or calling the support can quickly remove this initial limitation which is put in place to prevent abuse.

2) People running their million dollar business on a budget VPS provider because they do not want to pay up, then come complaining that they expected 10 Gbit/s port and stellar performance because all previous reviews on LE indicate that Contabo is a provider with a VPS line especially dedicated to Business usage (find the error in this one yourself)

3) People that have not bookmarked the GIF with the "FAST, CHEAP, GOOD" switches.

4) People surprised Germany has laws and german providers tend to hold you to your contracts (this also applies to Netcup, Hetzner)

5) People complaining about not getting a VPS that combines the best from Hetzner, Netcup, Contabo. Hint: Do your research and pick either. You will be fine, I am sure :)

6) People not doing their research before buying and not reading what they are signing up for, product details, AUP, or the contract. In other words: d**ks.

There is certain degree to which I can understand OP's disappointment, but declining help when Contabo reached out to help on the forum here that does not bode well tbh. Clearly your node must have been bad, but like people already said just call them, or ask being moved to another node :)

• @miu said:
    Also when i send them email that gave me blacklisted IPv4 with first VPS and ask them for replace it with clean one, they not responded ever on this.

^_^ I forgot about that too. Screenshot and told them their firewall are blocking traffic, and responds fall into darkness, and some beautiful day, the traffic was opened magically :blush:

Thanked by 2miu pbx
  • First 1Gbit VPS (1400):

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Tue Feb 16 15:49:08 CET 2021

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz
    CPU cores  : 6 @ 2099.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ? Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ? Disabled
    RAM        : 19.4 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 1.3 TiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 956.00 KB/s    (239) | 29.40 MB/s     (459)
    Write      | 987.00 KB/s    (246) | 29.77 MB/s     (465)
    Total      | 1.94 MB/s      (485) | 59.18 MB/s     (924)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 97.69 MB/s     (190) | 96.48 MB/s      (94)
    Write      | 102.88 MB/s    (200) | 102.90 MB/s    (100)
    Total      | 200.58 MB/s    (390) | 199.38 MB/s    (194)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | busy
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 562 Mbits/sec   | 620 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 486 Mbits/sec   | 786 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 333 Mbits/sec   | 220 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 394 Mbits/sec   | 245 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 201 Mbits/sec   | 177 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 383 Mbits/sec   | 255 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 383
    Multi Core      | 1642
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6535126

• miumiu Member
    edited February 2021

After ticket and 24h, CPU has been improved and good (3400 multi score), and when i wrote "thank you i am satisfied" another day dropped again down. Then i tried upgrade as last attempt on mentioned SSD L. And when got provisioned it, lost last pieces of confidence and from frustration decided rather order dedicated server and go away from Contabo forever (due my bad experinces). So do not say me anyone, that i did not give chance them show me that they are good. Sure i am not user who complain on all and always, but contrary, i am loyalty and grateful user when see good services. But I can't praise something where I haven't seen the services well

Thanked by 2pbx iphonephu

@miu said: After ticket and 24h, CPU has been improved and good (3400 multi score), and when i wrote "thank you i am satisfied" another day dropped again down. Then i tried upgrade as last attempt on mentioned SSD L. And when got provisioned it, lost last pieces of confidence and from frustration decided rather order dedicated server and go away from Contabo forever (due my bad experinces). So do not say me anyone, that i did not give chance them show me that they are good. Sure i am not user who complain on all and always, but contrary, i am loyalty and grateful user when see good services. But I can't praise something where I haven't seen the services well

Have you thought of using their telephone line. It would be resolved with everything in minutes.

And btw in the time of when i had a conversation with you I was able to switch to 600 MBPS disk, so yeah just call them if they don't respond within 20 minutes

• @miu said: After ticket and 24h, CPU has been improved and good (3400 multi score), and when i wrote "thank you i am satisfied" another day dropped again down.

If by "dropped down" you meant dropped to 2000+, then that's very reasonable. Why? Because there's lots of people like you who expect the world for pennies and abuse the cpu 100%. Contabo allows it and that's why you don't get stable performance.

• @smallbibi said:

@miu said: After ticket and 24h, CPU has been improved and good (3400 multi score), and when i wrote "thank you i am satisfied" another day dropped again down.

If by "dropped down" you meant dropped to 2000+, then that's very reasonable. Why? Because there's lots of people like you who expect the world for pennies and abuse the cpu 100%. Contabo allows it and that's why you don't get stable performance.

Yes, exactly, idling VPS abused CPU on 100%. Thanks

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited February 2021

One of the reasons I don't care about them one off script "benchmarks". They - at best - provide a reasonable picture of the moment they are run.

I want to see result sets of min. 100 runs and at all times of day and night and at unpredictable times.

My experience with Contabo was a good one. But I see 2 caveats: (a) Of course they knew me, so my positive experience with their support doesn't weigh much, and (b) This is LET and that defines my expectations. Of bloody course I don't expect 5 nines availability from a low end, low price provider, nor do or can I expect high stability, a high end network, high end PCIe 4 NVMes, etc.

Exceptions: From time to time a middle class business provider drops some offers here. But to compare a typical LET provider like Contabo to one above our league like e.g. netcup is just nonsensical and unfair, even if (assumption) the prices happen to be similar.

So, instead of joining the ningering and whining of some who simply seem to not have understood the game here, I prefer to say a big fat

THANK YOU!

to @jbiloh, @raindog308, @FAT32, @Jord and the other admins and mods for giving us LET which not only saves us a ton of money but also provides a "garden" in which providers can thrive, compete, and grow.

I myself, probably a mid range LETter in terms of number of systems, easily save €250 a year - so what's to complain?

• miumiu Member
    edited February 2021

IMO i think that more legit definition for LOW END is term "Low prices", and not must means LE necessarily simultaneously also "Low quality services".

I think, here (on LET) are active several HQ providers who can compete without problem with No low end range providers. For example: I good remember also outages at Vultr or DO instances, and sure i can not say that HostUS is more worse provider than DO, because is lowend and significantly cheaper than DO. Reversely, in final result i get and feel/see the same quality with HostUS what i get With DO, and cant complain for something, on 110% satisfied with them and happy.

So also excuse all failures with words "it is ok because it is LE, it is cheap" is not quite fair minimally due from reason that here are just provders who are able offer for LE prices really excellent performance, uptime & stability and quality services in all.

Additionally: I met many time with better, much faster (response) and more human approach contains support at Low end range providers then at More expensive and more enterprises targeted large providers.

Conclusion: Low end does not have to mean poor quality and inferiority necessarily. (And many times the final quality what u get directly depends moderately on the extent to which the provider has decided to oversell or not oversell its nodes.) Have a great day everyone, and thanks for all opinions already posted here.