Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kvm 2xE5-2680v4/2gb ddr4/50gb nvme+3.6tb hdd raid10- located in Bucharest ! Telia upstream ! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kvm 2xE5-2680v4/2gb ddr4/50gb nvme+3.6tb hdd raid10- located in Bucharest ! Telia upstream !

Comments

• @fragpic said:

@cociu said: in maximum 2-4 days all orders will be delivered including this offer

hey, will they be provisioned by today?
    If not, can you tell us the exact date by when provisioning will be done?
    As I told you over PM, my current service with a different provider is up for renewal and I have to decide between the two.

For the current situation, I guess we need to wait another 1 week. :p

• fragpicfragpic Member
    edited March 2021

@bdarwin said: I guess we need to wait another 1 week.

I asked because he said max 2-4 days in his post on Mar 11. I don't mind waiting, but I need a specific date so I can plan my move. His deadline keeps getting pushed out so its making it difficult to plan.

• JioJio Member

anyone get this yet? it looks still in stock order link working, will it be instant if i buy today ?

• @Jio said:
    anyone get this yet? it looks still in stock order link working, will it be instant if i buy today ?

nope, I got one on 26th Feb, still pending.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@yorkchou said: nope, I got one on 26th Feb, still pending.

They are like the new RTX 30xx series cards

• cociucociu Member

start from tumorrow we will deliver the pending orders. Sorry guys bu seems this time i really mess this...

Thanked by 3veren BBTN yorkchou
  • @cociu said: start from tumorrow we will deliver the pending orders. Sorry guys bu seems this time i really mess this...

Thank you! Hopefully you provision the orders by the time they were placed

• cociucociu Member

@fragpic said: Hopefully you provision the orders by the time they were placed

this is for sure , we always proceed like this.

Thanked by 2fragpic raynor
  • how is this going? i ordered on 26/2 but it is still pending. Are we going to get refunded for the waiting time?

• @anubis said:
    how is this going? i ordered on 26/2 but it is still pending. Are we going to get refunded for the waiting time?

Afaik, cociu always adjusts the next due date accordingly to your service activiation date. So I would presumably say, that you get no refund for your waiting time.

• @Pilzbaum said:

@anubis said:
    how is this going? i ordered on 26/2 but it is still pending. Are we going to get refunded for the waiting time?

Afaik, cociu always adjusts the next due date accordingly to your service activiation date. So I would presumably say, that you get no refund for your waiting time.

well, that's fine too

• afnafn Member

@anubis he already mentioned in OP that he will adjust the next renewal date.

" after provided we will change the next due date "

It is a good thing to get used to reading before paying, this time it was a nice sentence that you did not read, but with some providers, they include "evil" terms, and you may just end up victim of shitty policies since you did not read.

• @afn said:
    @anubis he already mentioned in OP that he will adjust the next renewal date.

" after provided we will change the next due date "

It is a good thing to get used to reading before paying, this time it was a nice sentence that you did not read, but with some providers, they include "evil" terms, and you may just end up victim of shitty policies since you did not read.

i ordered from the newsletter which I am not sure that states that. in any case, I knew that it would take some time to provide the server. thanks for the heads up though

• fragpicfragpic Member
    edited March 2021
  • cociucociu Member
    edited March 2021

providing the first 30 , pleasedo not forget the storage block need to be added manually from your client area like "asdd a second disk

• Yay, look who appeared in my inbox!

• cociucociu Member

@benj0x said: Yay, look who appeared in my inbox!

still providing for the rest people , pleasedo not forget the storage disk need to be added manually from your client area (for the moment) and reboot the vm. After this you need to mount the drive in the linux system.

• @cociu said:

@benj0x said: Yay, look who appeared in my inbox!

still providing for the rest people , pleasedo not forget the storage disk need to be added manually from your client area (for the moment) and reboot the vm. After this you need to mount the drive in the linux system.

Easy: How to add the disk in the control panel?

1) Sign in to secure.hostsolutions.ro
    2) Select your provided service in the "Services" section.

3) Click on the disks option in the control panel.

4) Click on "Add Hard Disk"

5) Put "3600" in the "Size (GB)" field and confirm

6) And now do whatever you want with your service.

Thanked by 1raynor
  • cociucociu Member

@benj0x said: 6) And now do whatever you want with your service.

6) mount the drive inside of linux ... :) any way thanks for the work .

Thanked by 1benj0x
  • good sale .

• Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2397.222 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 48.4 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 215.09 MB/s  (53.7k) | 1.99 GB/s    (31.1k)
    Write      | 215.66 MB/s  (53.9k) | 2.00 GB/s    (31.3k)
    Total      | 430.75 MB/s (107.6k) | 3.99 GB/s    (62.4k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 2.99 GB/s     (5.8k) | 3.13 GB/s     (3.0k)
    Write      | 3.15 GB/s     (6.1k) | 3.34 GB/s     (3.2k)
    Total      | 6.15 GB/s    (12.0k) | 6.47 GB/s     (6.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 2.30 Gbits/sec  | 742 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 2.36 Gbits/sec  | 638 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 2.83 Gbits/sec  | 894 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 466 Mbits/sec   | 13.9 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.05 Gbits/sec  | 872 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.26 Gbits/sec  | 990 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 931 Mbits/sec   | 653 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 803
    Multi Core      | 1581
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6995544

• That Geekbench 5 score - a dream. Good job!

• cociucociu Member

@benj0x said: That Geekbench 5 score - a dream. Good job!

not like at all the download speed , i will will forward this to Adrian.Also i can bet many people is makebench ...

• @cociu said: not like at all the download speed , i will will forward this to Adrian.Also i can bet many people is makebench ...

This is because of e1000 network device. Switching to virtio should improve performance by a lot.

• cociucociu Member
    edited March 2021

@fragpic said: This is because of e1000 network device. Switching to virtio should improve performance by a lot.

ok , any way i had a tiket with this , we will change the package right now but i think a rebuild will need for the active users yet.

Edit , the change is done.

• fragpicfragpic Member
    edited March 2021

@cociu said: any way i had a tiket with this

Lol, that was me. Thanks for the quick fix.
    Can you also look into the storage bus type change. NVME is already on scsi0. Having the secondary drive also as scsi1 will improve performance and will also make the disk easier to manage when partitioning.

You should also enable NUMA on the CPU if the host has more than 1 processor.

• fragpicfragpic Member
    edited March 2021

@cociu said: not like at all the download speed

This is network performance on virtio. Hopefully this is in line with what you are expecting.

Capture

Edit: I see that you also added the virtio bus type for storage. Everything should be perfect now.

Thanked by 1cociu
  • @cociu said:

@benj0x said: That Geekbench 5 score - a dream. Good job!

not like at all the download speed , i will will forward this to Adrian.Also i can bet many people is makebench ...

Nice fix.

Basic System Information: --------------------------------- Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz CPU cores : 2 @ 2397.222 MHz AES-NI : ✔ Enabled VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled RAM : 1.9 GiB Swap : 0.0 KiB Disk : 48.4 GiB fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50): --------------------------------- Block Size | 4k (IOPS) | 64k (IOPS) ------ | --- ---- | ---- ---- Read | 251.45 MB/s (62.8k) | 2.03 GB/s (31.7k) Write | 252.12 MB/s (63.0k) | 2.04 GB/s (31.8k) Total | 503.57 MB/s (125.8k) | 4.07 GB/s (63.6k) | | Block Size | 512k (IOPS) | 1m (IOPS) ------ | --- ---- | ---- ---- Read | 3.01 GB/s (5.8k) | 3.07 GB/s (3.0k) Write | 3.17 GB/s (6.2k) | 3.28 GB/s (3.2k) Total | 6.19 GB/s (12.0k) | 6.36 GB/s (6.2k) iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4): --------------------------------- Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed | | | Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 3.11 Gbits/sec | 3.89 Gbits/sec Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 3.67 Gbits/sec | 3.99 Gbits/sec WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | busy Biznet | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G) | 633 Mbits/sec | 23.1 Mbits/sec Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 1.50 Gbits/sec | 1.46 Gbits/sec Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.22 Gbits/sec | 1.16 Gbits/sec Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 942 Mbits/sec | 938 Mbits/sec Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | busy | busy Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test: --------------------------------- Test | Value | Single Core | 841 Multi Core | 1526 Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6997305
  • afnafn Member

@cociu said: 10tb traffic/mo

what happens after I reach 10TB? throttle? vps is disabled? is it possible to buy more traffic?

• fragpicfragpic Member
    edited March 2021

@cociu
    Tested the VPS a bit and everything seems mostly good but you can improve performance and stability by making the following changes in Proxmox

1. Enable NUMA on the CPU, as it greatly reduces inter socket memory misses as it will try to keep all the memory for a VM on the same socket. Note that the VM doesnt need to have two sockets to take advantage of thsi option. It is only specific to host. https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/NUMA Capture
    2. For secondary disk bus type I see that you've added virtio-block instead of virtio-scsi. Virtio-block is deprecated and is superseded by virtio-scsi according to Proxmox documentation. Capture

3. For primary SDD disk, you have to enable the SSD Emulation and Discard options as that will improve performance and reduce SSD wear outCapture

Thanked by 2bjo maverickp
This discussion has been closed.