Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting phishing attempt
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interesting phishing attempt

First time I receive such attempt to deceive. Malicious actors try to impersonate system message about full mailbox. Here it is:

Your domain.tld mailbox has now significantly exceeded the limit on 2/24/2021 19:17:17 assigned to you. Emails sent to you when your mailbox is in this state are not delivered and each sender should receive a notification of that fact. Please take action now to ensure that your mailbox is brought back under the limit.

What should you do?
Please login to your webmail via storage link to info@domain.tld 's portal here or click link below.

https;//webmail.domain.tld.com/webmail?storage=info@domain.tld

Of course that link is phishing:

https://webmaill573-cldsso-open612.web.app/?emailtoken=[-email-]&domain=[-emaildomain-]

I'am of course with infamous MXroute and they marked this message as SPAM (thank you!). Does anyone recently received something similar?

Thanked by 1bulbasaur

Comments

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

I've been receiving those since 2012 (when I switched from gmail) are you new to self-hosted mail experience ??

Thanked by 1chip
  • @Xsltel said:
    I've been receiving those since 2012 (when I switched from gmail) are you new to self-hosted mail experience ??

I'am with MXroute, not self-hosted. I'am not that crazy.

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said: MXroute

its self-hosted by jarland not you and its not crazy . just a great experience seeing the spam that gmail/outlook hiding from us and teaching my staff how to be aware of it/dealing with it (reporting and such stuff) ;) .

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited February 2021

@LTniger said: First time I receive such attempt to deceive. Malicious actors try to impersonate system message about full mailbox. Here it is:

I think that this kind of phishing attempt isn't so rare. I've received a number of such messages over the past several years.

Edit: But it's true that Gmail, etc. would tend to filter out such attempts. The address where I've received such phishing attempts is a work address.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Personally, I've never seen that one before.