Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to divide dedicated server equally to sell VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to divide dedicated server equally to sell VPS?

azizbdazizbd Member
edited March 2012 in Help

Hello All,
We (me and My Friend) jointly brought new server to sell VPS in local market. We want to sell vps our two separate website. My friend will handle his customers and me too.

We want to divide the server equally. We created 2 reseller into SolusVM with equal calculation. Is it ok for us or we need to create plan? Here is details of Server.

CPU Core: 4 core (8 Threads)
Free space is: 1500GB (750x2)
Free Ram: 30GB (15x2)
Total VPS will be: 60 (30x2)

We need suggestions from expert. Please help.
Thanks in advance,
Aziz

Comments

• That looks fine and it looks fair to both of you.

• JacobJacob Member

Your I/O will be your bottleneck on that config, Running 60 VPS expect 20MB/s on a good day.

• @Jacob said: Your I/O will be your bottleneck on that config, Running 60 VPS expect 20MB/s on a good day.

60 VPS not final. Just thinking.

• As everybody has told you, the main bottleneck will be I/O, but before that I have a couple of questions, and please don't get offended by some of them.

1. Do you have previous experience on linux (sysadmin, security, etc...)?
    2. What type visualization will you choose and do you have experience with it?
    3. How many HD's do you have on your server and do you run RAID (hardware/software)?

Your idea it's great, but running a hosting biz without experience can be a burn (specially on the capital side, when you need to pay for admin tasks on your server), otherwise good luck on your biz.