Need some direction for getting into the VPS game
I want to start reselling VPSs in the online gaming niche and have settled on a Minecraft VPS service as a good starting point.
After looking at the technical requirements, I've decided to use plain old Bootstrap as a frontend, MongoDB or any other NoSQL db, with LinuxGSM as the gameserver and a custom control panel for subscribers to create and manage their VPS.
I have a few questions which I hope to get answers to:
- Is it too late to get into the VPS game?
- What other alternatives are there to LinuxGSM. I know of Pterodactyl, but it seems complex/bloated for my initial purposes and it's relatively new compared to LinuxGSM.
- Are there any LinuxGSM resources such as customs scripts out there, since I would like to avoid re-inventing the wheel, if I could.
- I intend to drive traffic to my Minecraft VPS site organically, primarily and I've chosen a domain name to this effect. I've settled on Minecraft since it's supported by LinuxGSM (and just about anything out there), I am familiar with it and it SEEMS to be the easiest route into this, since the base is already there, but would you recommend something else? If so, why?
- Do you have any suggestions for Marketing my services?
- Since I will be essentially reselling VPSs, I want to be sure that I provide a well performing hosted service. Is there anyone you can suggest or what should I be looking out for when selecting my own provider?
- Anything else that would be helpful to know- any other pointers/suggestions, since I'm new to this.
Thank you very much for this resource! I have learned quite a bit in the last few days.