Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

it appears eduvps have big bug now, the same vps can assigned to different users at same time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

it appears eduvps have big bug now, the same vps can assigned to different users at same time

hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
edited November 2013 in Providers

my friend told me that his vps have disappeared in the panel today, so strange, so I login to his account and re-created 1 vps, but when it become active, I can't login it with the password I've input when create it, so I change the password from the panel, when I ssh in it, I've found the big surprise, someone is using the vps now, by use "who" command, I can see his ip, and he is doing something, because the outpout "df -h" show the disk used is growing fast...

perhaps the vps have been asigned to two users (perhaps more) at same time, this is a big bug, in order to confirm this, I continue to create a new vps again, it's still in the queued now, but I can ssh it's ip, but can't login with my password...this ip should have already assigned to other users and still active...but assigned to me again and still show as queued?

now perhaps I know why that vps of my friend have disappeared, it must be re-assigned to other users today and deleted by that user...

Comments

• Hello, this is eduvps tech support. Ticket #404 has been created on your behalf.

• the second test vps that I've created finally show active now, I login it, you guess what happend? when I create it I select debian, and also show as debian in the panel, but the os is Ubuntu indeed...

• budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited November 2013

That's gonna be fun.

• @black said:
    Hello, this is eduvps tech support. Ticket #404 has been created on your behalf.

This is an automatic reply to let you know that you ticket has been received and acknowledged.

• Its not a bug, its a feature :)

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited November 2013

created another vps just now, immediately active? but the hostname is not the one which I set when create it, and can't login use my password, I think it must be assign me a vps again that other users are still using, lol

• @trexos said:
    Its not a bug, its a feature :)

It is a new feature to intelligently introduce you and another user. Start leaving something like a README file and your notes for the other user in it. You know, it's like a matchmaking in the nerd way.

• @DalComp said:
    It is a new feature to intelligently introduce you and another user. Start leaving something like a README file and your notes for the other user in it. You know, it's like a matchmaking in the nerd way.

Hahaha:D yeah you made my day:P kind of partnership site.

• hello this is hacker404. All your vps are belong to me.

• Ah, very simple fault. The host needs to transfix the subcut and route it into the overdial. This will prevent the capacitors from resisting the transistors and thus stopping the magnetic pre-relays from drinking carbonated soft drinks.

2 minute job really.

• CHARGE THE FLUX CAPACITOR! I NEED 1.2 GIGAWATTS!

• [root@vm199201 ~]# free -m
    bash: fork: Cannot allocate memory
    bash: [: : integer expression expected

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

In a shared environment you must always be aware that your actions can impact your neighbor. EduVPS just decided to bring people a little closer together. Work together my friends!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    edited November 2013

@rajprakash said:
    CHARGE THE FLUX CAPACITOR! I NEED 1.2 GIGAWATTS!

I fucking love those movies

• It's like pair-programming, except for admins.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited November 2013

Sounds like they had some data loss and WHMCS is not counting client IDs as expected. In other words, vmuserXXXX is being shared.

Edit: to be clear, I have no idea who they are or if they're even using WHMCS.

• @DalComp said:

mmmmm i might,uh, license that idea

• @Nick_A said:
    Sounds like they had some data loss and WHMCS is not counting client IDs as expected. In other words, vmuserXXXX is being shared.

Edit: to be clear, I have no idea who they are or if they're even using WHMCS.

To be clear it's all my own code. No WHMCS, there's not even payment options :-)

• @hotsnow said:
    perhaps the vps have been asigned to two users (perhaps more) at same time, this is a big bug, in order to confirm this, I continue to create a new vps again, it's still in the queued now, but I can ssh it's ip, but can't login with my password...this ip should have already assigned to other users and still active...but assigned to me again and still show as queued?

now perhaps I know why that vps of my friend have disappeared, it must be re-assigned to other users today

and deleted by that user...

Long story short, I had one update query running then an insert query on another table, some Chinese kiddies were running ~2,000 deployment attempts/second and there was a race condition where the IP table would be updated but and then before the vps table got update the ip would be grabbed again. Because vpsid is based on ip it caused some VPS sharing issues for about 1/200th of the vps deployed.

But yes, it's like dating for vps users :-). All fixed now, keep in mind this is BETA (you better believe you will lose data during beta) it's very much a live development environment.

Anyway, there are some stats here now:
    https://www.eduvps.net/stats

I don't think i can check back here often, too many forums, but i update the facebook page every couple of days http://facebook.com/eduvps

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @tonysala87 Can i have some too? I'm from Malaysia. :(

• tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited November 2013

@tonysala87
    passwords encrypted in db? and did your db stolen ? cos you reset the passwords

• @tridinebandim said:
    tonysala87
    passwords encrypted in db? and did your db stolen ? cos you reset the passwords

Initial password was not encrypted..

• @tonysala87 How can I register with German phone number?

• @tonysala87 said: