Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying DirectAdmin lifetime licences
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buying DirectAdmin lifetime licences

RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
edited February 2021 in General

We are looking to take over DirectAdmin accounts that hold lifetime licenses. Name your rates. Don't ask ridiculous amounts - that is not how the original DirectAdmin community is and was. I have been part of it for a long time ( as acknowledged by Mark @ https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/169324/directadmin-pro-pack/p1 ). Please: do not lecture us about the risks, or being cheap. I am Dutch, so yes: I am cheap. In Dutch market, where 99% of webhosts have been using and loving DirectAdmin for many many years and have built business models around its lifetime licenses, it does not make sense to move to recurring $29/m licenses (or 'abuse' the $5/m internal licenses).

Terms:
- if you are here to call me names, please leave NOW
- if you are here to make a fortunate, please leave NOW
- if you don't trust me, please leave NOW
- if you are here to laugh at DirectAdmin being a minority - leave NOW (though being the market leader here, for many many years)
- if you are a new LET member, you must supply me with proper identification and be willing to sign a transfer agreement
- if you are a known LET member, you must be willing to sign a transfer agreement
- I will pay only using Bank Transfer, no PayPal, Bitcoin or whatever.
- I make a deposit into our main DirectAdmin account for each account taken over - just to show I contribute to the DA team directly too ;-)

Please make your offer in DM. Don't forget to add proof of your account, the invoice and payment of said invoice (bank receipt).

Comments

• FYI:

License Sales Rules

We only allow sales of owned licenses for products where the vendor supports license transfers. Selling an "account" or a login is not allowed. Note that WHMCS disallowed license transfers in October 2020, so selling WHMCS licenses is no longer allowed on LET.

Reference: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-october-2020/p1

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@zafouhar said:
    FYI:

License Sales Rules

We only allow sales of owned licenses for products where the vendor supports license transfers. Selling an "account" or a login is not allowed. Note that WHMCS disallowed license transfers in October 2020, so selling WHMCS licenses is no longer allowed on LET.

Reference: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-october-2020/p1

You are absolutely right, I had seen other posts and made judgement based on that. Sorry!

Mods: feel free to close / delete the thread if you feel a desire to do so.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@RickBakkr said:
    and have built business models around its lifetime licenses, it does not make sense to move to recurring $29/m licenses (or 'abuse' the $5/m internal licenses).

That feeling, when everybody has lifetime licenses and you (me) don't even have access to internal pricing, which used to be a natural human right.

Thanked by 1niceboy
  • currently it seems difficult to find DA lifetime license. the only way to be cheap is to use a provider with a free or cheap DA license.
    But if you are staunchly looking for a lifetime license, why not try a new breakthrough with ApisCP

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited February 2021

@fbmy said: currently it seems difficult to find DA lifetime license. the only way to be cheap is to use a provider with a free or cheap DA license.
    But if you are staunchly looking for a lifetime license, why not try a new breakthrough with ApisCP

We are a provider ourselves. We have internal licensing ourself as well. Not interested in moving our fleet towards a new panel. Note that some DA servers have been running for > 6-8 years. Why move to something unknown, when our experience in the field of the market leader is much bigger?

Thanked by 1fbmy
  • verovero Member, Host Rep

@RickBakkr said:
    Why move to something unknown, when our experience in the field of the market leader is much bigger?

Depends on which one you would rather prefer:

• @RickBakkr said:
      it does not make sense to move to recurring $29/m licenses

• @RickBakkr said:
      Why move to something unknown, when our experience in the field of the market leader is much bigger?

Working with single control panel over time increases one's expertise (to some degree), but limits way of thinking, thus personal/company improvement heavily. While having similar functionality, different panels take advantage of different features.

Thanked by 2fbmy nem