Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I very satisfied Hetzner service ^_^
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I very satisfied Hetzner service ^_^

xiaopiguxiaopigu Member
edited February 2021 in General

Email them with problem will usually response within 1 hour.

Especially if something goes wrong with the hardware.

Only thing I wish they had improved was their "KVM console" service...It doesn't feel advanced enough to be user-friendly.

Thanked by 1dystopia

Comments

• Cool story.

Tell us what you use the Hetzner for.

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

I had similar experience

• Same here. Hetzner is great!

• @Nekki said: Tell us what you use the Hetzner for.

>

Wow, Nekki back. Cociu missed you a lot. Nice to see you back again bro.

• @ps20090 said:

@Nekki said: Tell us what you use the Hetzner for.

>

Wow, Nekki back. Cociu missed you a lot. Nice to see you back again bro.

Thank you, Sir.

• I personally dislike Hetzner because they don’t let you have adult material, but on the other hand I like them because I openly abuse their 14 day refund policy.

• Oh no, SEO whisper, anyway i love @Hetzner_OL too!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Did anyone mention Hetzner?

• @thedp said: Did anyone mention Hetzner?

ME! >:)

• I have been using them for the last couple of years and the service seems pretty good and uninterrupted.

• Their cloud (the cheapest one for 3/e month) for daily use as vpn (wireguard), and even running jellyfin etc is great. Had few auction dedicated servers from them, also very good price to quality ratio.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @ThinVps said:
    Their cloud (the cheapest one for 3/e month) for daily use as vpn (wireguard), and even running jellyfin etc is great. Had few auction dedicated servers from them, also very good price to quality ratio.

Curious, do you have much luck with transcoding on that cheapest one or do you stick to direct stream? Back when I used Emby/Jellyfin on HC I remember having to upgrade to get enough CPU performance to make it work.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    I personally dislike Hetzner because they don’t let you have adult material, but on the other hand I like them because I openly abuse their 14 day refund policy.

And how do you do that? Take a server, use it for 13 days and then cancel it?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2021

@NetDynamics24 said:

@Nekki said:
    I personally dislike Hetzner because they don’t let you have adult material, but on the other hand I like them because I openly abuse their 14 day refund policy.

And how do you do that? Take a server, use it for 13 days and then cancel it?

Yup. It’s one of those brilliant mandatory requirements in Germany. I’ve done it so many times I assume they don’t have any stringent checks to pick this up unless you abuse it like crazy.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    Yup. It’s one of those brilliant mandatory requirements in Germany. I’ve done it so many times I assume they don’t have any stringent checks to pick this up unless you abuse it like crazy.

And what kind of usage is that? For hosting? You transfer sites every 13 days?

• @NetDynamics24 said:

@Nekki said:

And what kind of usage is that? For hosting? You transfer sites every 13 days?

Temporary storage of media whilst I re-install or do something risky on a server is the most common use case. I’m not doing this every week.

• Hetzner does not has datacenter in US. Why I see many people talk about them?

• @webmasteroffers said:
    Hetzner does not has datacenter in US. Why I see many people talk about them?

Because the US isn’t a preferred location for an awful lot of people.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • A few Qs:
    Is Hetzners network just as good as Leaseweb etc? Germany vs Finland, any big difference?

• @TheJohnDoe said:
    A few Qs:
    Is Hetzners network just as good as Leaseweb etc? Germany vs Finland, any big difference?

Depends where you be.

• @TheJohnDoe said:
    A few Qs:

Generally their Germany network is complimented more than the Finland one, but obviously if you or your clients are closer to Finland then that would be better.

• @xiaopigu said: Only thing I wish they had improved was their "KVM console" service...It doesn't feel advanced enough to be user-friendly.

explain?

• @Erisa said:
    Curious, do you have much luck with transcoding on that cheapest one or do you stick to direct stream? Back when I used Emby/Jellyfin on HC I remember having to upgrade to get enough CPU performance to make it work.

I guess i do direct- server to pc via jellyfin/emby (i assume transcoding = tv and phone), and it is for myself only. 4k can be hit and miss, but 1080p is no problem (thats what i watch 99.9% of the time). I started to look at these cheap 1gbit vpses as having actual 1gbit at home (when it comes to media streaming). Netcup even more crazy, for ~8-9 euros/month can have 2.5 gbit.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • hostmariahostmaria Member, Host Rep

happy client since who knows when :)

• @TheJohnDoe said:
    A few Qs:

Hetzner isn't what you'd consider to be premium but for the price, it's a good value. Nobody can know for sure how exactly how well your peering will be to the server unless you run a traceroute. In my opinion, LeaseWeb probably has a better network, but again, Hetzner provides the better value.