Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Sketchy Lifetime Provider on StackSocial - Bonohost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Sketchy Lifetime Provider on StackSocial - Bonohost

StackSocial is listing a new sketchy lifetime web hosting provider. I could barely find anything about them but this review for sure confirms how sketchy it is: https://saasreview.ltd/articles/hosting/bonohost-review/

They seem to be based in the UK and at least have their company ID here:

https://www.bonohost.net/contact/

But as that review sates the Whois info is cloaked which is super sketchy and there is basically nothing about the company. They seem to be using Contobo.

Last time I posted about one of these sketchy lifetime providers on Stacksocial people did a lot of detective work, as I remember they didn't even have a proper UK company ID but their site looked less sketchy at least (can't remember the name). Anyone interested this time?

Comments

• This another crappy pump and dump https://www.20i.com/reseller-hosting using stackcp.

Same as last host I saw stacksocial "lifetime hosting" also 20i reseller account.

Thanked by 2DreamCaster mrTom
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12681165

@buzzyLET said: Anyone interested

No, because I keep reading it as BonerHost :|

Thanked by 2moodwriter ehab
  • Ah yeah, the 20i thing seems familiar from last time..how are these allowed to go on? And yes, the name is horrible..

• There's lots of trashy deals like these on stacksocial. If I remember correctly, there was even a lifetime shared hosting deal that was actually a hostgator reseller

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

No such thing as lifetime service, at some point the provider will suspend account for some fake reason! Hardware at some point need to replace, bandwidth and electricity are not free, support cost money.

@smallbibi said:
    There's lots of trashy deals like these on stacksocial.

Personally agree with you

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Album sales are down...the man's got to eat...

• No provider can offer you lifetime services for hosting I suggest you always read the providers terms of use if they offer something like lifetime hosting. There's a high chance they might have additional hidden fees that you would have to pay monthly to make up for the cost over time.

• Oh yeah for sure I'm not posting this with the intent that anyone should buy these, more like calling them out for sure.

That being said, for non hosting deals, I still have all the lifetime Deals I've done on stacksocial, including the Windscribe Lifetime! There is only one design app that I bought that said it's going under in a year so I'd think that's a pretty good track record.

However these tools and stuff for sure are not the same as hosting and I wouldn't use them for anything that important and/or have a backup for sure.

• @raindog308 said:
    Album sales are down...the man's got to eat...

Apple gave him $100 million 6 years ago. Dafuq does he eat?

• ytyabcytyabc Member

Their client portal and control panel are currently down since last Friday (For Maintenance?) However, the services seem to work without any impact.

• mrTommrTom Member

Some time ago I bought a cheap LT deal from another 20i reseller, and I have to say its actually really solid. They seem know how to set up their systems to deal with the mass of users.
    I use it for DB heavy stuff and it works better than many db-as-a-service providers that I have tried.

Of course it will only work as long as the reseller sells enough LTDs to make his monthly payments of 40£, but that shouldn't be too hard.

• My mind also automatically read it as BonerHost :D B) :)

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • emghemgh Member

@mrTom said:
    Of course it will only work as long as the reseller sells enough LTDs to make his monthly payments of 40£, but that shouldn't be too hard.

• emghemgh Member

Also known as: A pyramid scheme

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@emgh said:

more of a ponzi scheme right? or maybe i’m too high

• mrTommrTom Member

@emgh said:

pyramid or ponzi sheme means you need the new investors to pay out the previous investors.
    here you need 1-2 sales a month to keep the thing alive, no payouts expected.

thats a very low end ponzi sheme.

• @buzzyLET said:
    StackSocial is listing a new sketchy lifetime web hosting provider. I could barely find anything about them but this review for sure confirms how sketchy it is: https://saasreview.ltd/articles/hosting/bonohost-review/

They seem to be based in the UK and at least have their company ID here:

https://www.bonohost.net/contact/

But as that review sates the Whois info is cloaked which is super sketchy and there is basically nothing about the company. They seem to be using Contobo.

Last time I posted about one of these sketchy lifetime providers on Stacksocial people did a lot of detective work, as I remember they didn't even have a proper UK company ID but their site looked less sketchy at least (can't remember the name). Anyone interested this time?

Bonohost? The same bono that invented alcoholism?

• eriseris Member

Plan auto-terminates 5 years after sign-up. To extend, just contact support

Lifetime "tm"

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

@mrTom said:

@emgh said:

pyramid or ponzi sheme means you need the new investors to pay out the previous investors.
    here you need 1-2 sales a month to keep the thing alive, no payouts expected.

thats a very low end ponzi sheme.

So you need to constantly increase the load on the server to keep it up, nice

• emghemgh Member

@eris said:
    Plan auto-terminates 5 years after sign-up. To extend, just contact support

Lifetime "tm"

Who would have guessed

• mrTommrTom Member

@emgh said: So you need to constantly increase the load on the server to keep it up, nice

sure, but thats i20's part of the job, and to my surprise they seem to be able to handle it. they do load balancing, multiple separate db servers, cdn, bot filtering, etc. they clearly know what they are doing.
    i guess with a lot of 40£/month customers you can actually build some infrastructure, and with decreasing hw prices it could work out long term.

• ehabehab Member

@DP said:
    No, because I keep reading it as BonerHost :|

there is no greater strength than the urge of the one eyed monster.

This discussion has been closed.