Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute is a joke - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute is a joke

13»

Comments

• isn't all this connected to spamcop's failure to renew their domain? I believe MXroute used spamcop

• LowEndPopcorn, will always enjoy those times ^^.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@bolle said:
    isn't all this connected to spamcop's failure to renew their domain? I believe MXroute used spamcop

Funny enough those errors mention the RBL while this error claims that one may be involved, while not being the error message relevant to that scenario. I should change it.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Just change all of your error messages to "The end is nigh."

I wanted to share a quick look at what happens if a customer has me investigate an inbound spam filter and I agree that it's too heavy handed:

https://config.mxroute.com/patch/rspamd/2021-02-02/

• So much for reading that first email @jar sends after you send him $5

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

MXroute is premium provider, try sendgrid if you need jokers as they do have almost all IPs blacklisted - delivery rate almost zero!

Thanked by 1jar
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Since it is being discussed, I had similar bounced error message when one of the user forwarded some documents (as attachment) but there was no "Message" attached to it. It is generally common where employees of a company just forward scans/docs without any message body.

Since in my case, proper dkim and spf were already configured, I asked him to reattach same docs in fresh mail and also add some message body (a line or so) and that mail then went through.

Essentially a legit mail with some documents attached to it (pdf and some jpeg) without any message body was marked as spam by system and bounced.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2021

The only way to remove majority of spam is when the internet gets regulated and, as a result, -

One mail address per a person happens.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • saibalsaibal Member
    edited February 2021

Way before Bitcoin became popular the proof of work concept was proposed as a way to limit email spammers. A difficult to implement mechanism has hindered its usage though.

Thanked by 1jar

@Saahib said: Essentially a legit mail with some documents attached to it (pdf and some jpeg) without any message body was marked as spam by system and bounced.

Would be interested in seeing the variables if you ever run into them again. It can be easy to misattribute the root cause and I'll explain why:

I reject at a score of 15. Unless it's a very specific rule I've made, the idea is that no single rule should equal a number high enough to cause a rejection. So one might hit exactly a score of 15 and then make one change, reducing their score to 14.9, and declare that change to be the root cause. However, it may be the most insignificant part of the equation.

Thanked by 3Erisa kkrajk sebkehl
  • @Saahib said: Since it is being discussed, I had similar bounced error message when one of the user forwarded some documents (as attachment) but there was no "Message" attached to it. It is generally common where employees of a company just forward scans/docs without any message body.

This is common between employees in a closed mail system.

This is common with spam on the public internet where there is no text content to prevent text filters from picking up keywords, just a JPG containing an advertisement inlined into the body.

Thanked by 1jar
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@saibal said:
    Way before Bitcoin became popular the proof of work concept was proposed as a way to limit email spammers. A difficult to implement mechanism has hindered its usage though.

We need proof of push-ups.

450 push-ups required for mail delivery

1. The sender must do push-ups in front of their email client.
    2. Then, retry delivery with X-pushups: N header, where N is the number of push-ups completed.
    3. If the recipient mailbox requires more push-ups, it'll return 450 status code again.
    Thanked by 1jar
  • mmmok...

• @deank said:
    The only way to remove majority of spam is when the internet gets regulated and, as a result, -

One mail address per a person happens.

Or, everyone gets /64 email addresses...