Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


MXroute is a joke
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

MXroute is a joke

MXroute is not suitable for business :open_mouth:

I try to send message from my server to mailbox with MXroute and receive nice greeting:

status=bounced (host arrow.mxrouting.net[116.202.115.120] said: 550 High scoring spam message has been dropped, likely blacklist

What the actual F?! How many emails was dropped like this?! I go to their castrated Directadmin and try to tinker with SpamAssassin and add whitelist. Of course it does not work :)

Now I come here and create lowend support ticket. I hereby summon @jar

Thanked by 2jar TerensM
«13

Comments

  • @LTniger said:
    [...] I hereby summon @jar

    Fastmako (aff) - another cheap VPS.

  • RazzaRazza Member

    It says " likely blacklist" you checked your ip on any blacklists

  • @Razza said:
    It says " likely blacklist" you checked your ip on any blacklists

    It's clean like baby bottom.

  • jagdjagd Member

    My mail provider rejects emails when A-record of the sender domain is a loopback/local address. Since when a domain blacklist query is negative, it would return something like 127.0.0.1.

  • GameTownProjectsGameTownProjects Member, Provider
    edited February 2

    I think you should configure your mail server correctly... a good test would be an email to someone @hotmail.com
    If this arrives and MXrecord does not, then the error may actually lie with MXroute.

    I have had very good experiences with the MXroute spam filter, which for me means that hundreds of spam mails are filtered every day.
    Even though I now operate my own small mail server cluster for customers and our mails, I would recommend MXroute as a provider with an excellent price/performance ratio.

    Thanked by 2jar hzfzz
  • UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited February 2

    @LTniger said:
    MXroute is not suitable for business :open_mouth:

    What the actual F?! How many emails was dropped like this?!

    I am always fascinated when people who need something always open with such antagonistic statements. If you are trying to cajole a person who repeatedly and adamantly states that he has a forum for support or some such thing, your opening move is not going to elicit a happy reply and the results you are seeking. Its just such a crap opening line. I know you are upset, I know the email is valuable; but seriously a little kindness will help achieve your objective much faster.

    If a client sent that to you- what would you do? Probably handle all the other nice tickets first then deal with one customer who is cranky. Don't tell me you wouldnt- be serious now.

    And by the way - 99% of the vendors here aren't suitable for business production hosting.

    Stop the insanity - Use firebase, cloudflare workers, oracle cloud, proton vpn and stop spending money

  • verovero Member, Provider

    @LTniger said:

    status=bounced (host arrow.mxrouting.net[116.202.115.120] said: 550 High scoring spam message has been dropped, likely blacklist

    My two cents - this is Hetzner IP. I had some problems delivering emails from a few Hetzner's IPs, as some providers (recipients) treat them as spammy. I did not found any other reasons (MTA config, etc).

  • verovero Member, Provider

    @Unbelievable said:
    And by the way - 99% of the vendors here aren't suitable for business production hosting.

    Someone had to say this. Bravo.

    Thanked by 2o_be_one Ouji
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    Thanks, we've doubled your bandwidth.


    @LTniger said:
    I try to send message from my server to mailbox with MXroute and receive nice greeting:

    Please send the same message from the same sending server to https://www.mail-tester.com/ and see what's the score there.


    @vero said:

    @LTniger said:

    status=bounced (host arrow.mxrouting.net[116.202.115.120] said: 550 High scoring spam message has been dropped, likely blacklist

    My two cents - this is Hetzner IP. I had some problems delivering emails from a few Hetzner's IPs, as some providers (recipients) treat them as spammy. I did not found any other reasons (MTA config, etc).

    The destination mailbox is Hetzner IP. It doesn't affect whether the message is spammy.

    Thanked by 2Falzo jar

    Register now: NDNts-video presentation at NDN Community Meeting, Oct 28 19:50-21:00 UTC, stories behind the push-ups

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    PMS detected.

    If you wish to join Nigh sect, adopt my avatar as your own and believe in the end.

  • @vero said:

    @LTniger said:

    status=bounced (host arrow.mxrouting.net[116.202.115.120] said: 550 High scoring spam message has been dropped, likely blacklist

    My two cents - this is Hetzner IP. I had some problems delivering emails from a few Hetzner's IPs, as some providers (recipients) treat them as spammy. I did not found any other reasons (MTA config, etc).

    MXRoute uses their own IP's for delivery. Only client side servers run at Hetzner. So no problem there.

    Thanked by 1jar
  • verovero Member, Provider

    @yoursunny said:
    The destination mailbox is Hetzner IP. It doesn't affect whether the message is spammy.

    Yup, this was just OT about my experience with some Hetzner IPs.

  • LESLES Member

    You can try MXroute with MXrecords.
    This solved the same problem for me.

    VPS List ★ LowEndStock.com ★ | → Follow @ Twitter | → Best (limited) VPS Deals

  • daffydaffy Member

    @LTniger said:

    @Razza said:
    It says " likely blacklist" you checked your ip on any blacklists

    It's clean like baby bottom.

    You obviously don't have kids.

  • RazzaRazza Member

    @vero said:

    @LTniger said:

    status=bounced (host arrow.mxrouting.net[116.202.115.120] said: 550 High scoring spam message has been dropped, likely blacklist

    My two cents - this is Hetzner IP. I had some problems delivering emails from a few Hetzner's IPs, as some providers (recipients) treat them as spammy. I did not found any other reasons (MTA config, etc).

    The Hetnzer ip is the ip address of the receiving mail server, not the sender ip.

  • LTnigerLTniger Member
    edited February 2

    @daffy said:

    @LTniger said:

    @Razza said:
    It says " likely blacklist" you checked your ip on any blacklists

    It's clean like baby bottom.

    You obviously don't have kids.

    I have. Wipe them clean.

    For all those who say "tray that..." - you ignoring the fact that Mxroute anti-spam engine is non-configurable and not informative for mail server administrators. The problem was very simple - SPF record. Once this sorted out, mail was going throw.

    The main problems:

    • Bogus, non-standard bounce messages
    • No spam filter configuration
  • UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited February 2

    @ltniger - so we are very clear- it was your lack of spf record that fucked up your mail delivery? And since it appears it was your fuckup - you should ask @mods to move this to off topic.

    Thanked by 2yoursunny drunkendog

    Stop the insanity - Use firebase, cloudflare workers, oracle cloud, proton vpn and stop spending money

  • @Unbelievable said: so we are very clear- it was your lack of spf record that fucked up your mail delivery?

    Of course. But the reason for PMS still not resolved.

  • @ltniger - well you do have a history of pms and histrionics (arubacloud if I recall). Maybe just chill out a bit before posting

    Thanked by 2seriesn drunkendog

    Stop the insanity - Use firebase, cloudflare workers, oracle cloud, proton vpn and stop spending money

  • @Unbelievable said:
    @ltniger - well you do have a history of pms and histrionics (arubacloud if I recall). Maybe just chill out a bit before posting

    I have a right to be PMS'ed. It was not aruba, it was hosthatch. @jar is summoned, when he will reply with comments about bounce message and spam filter configuration - I will be chill as heineken.

  • UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited February 2

    @LTniger you never would have got the bounce message that you apparently take issue with if you didnt fuck up your SPF record. Think through that real carefully. No fuckup, no messages, no issue to PMS over. And it was aruba and the loss of the treasured $1 vps

    Thanked by 2LTniger drunkendog

    Stop the insanity - Use firebase, cloudflare workers, oracle cloud, proton vpn and stop spending money

  • verovero Member, Provider

    Who the f**k in this world was given the right to drop messages? I mean if recipient (user) did not explicitly selected an option to drop any emails, what god can judge this for him?

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @vero said:
    Who the f**k in this world was given the right to drop messages? I mean if recipient (user) did not explicitly selected an option to drop any emails, what god can judge this for him?

    You obviously never sent an email to Microsoft.

    But oh well, they don’t advertise here. Must be business grade.

    Thanked by 3jar o_be_one drunkendog
  • Outlook does put microsofts own emails in junk- OFTEN. Gives me a good laugh

    Thanked by 3jar saibal drunkendog

    Stop the insanity - Use firebase, cloudflare workers, oracle cloud, proton vpn and stop spending money

  • verovero Member, Provider

    @seriesn said:
    You obviously never sent an email to Microsoft.

    Aren't they gods? :)

    But oh well, they don’t advertise here. Must be business grade.

    I wouldn't worry, there's a high probability for you being that 1%.

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider
    edited February 2

    @vero said:

    @seriesn said:
    You obviously never sent an email to Microsoft.

    Aren't they gods? :)

    But oh well, they don’t advertise here. Must be business grade.

    I wouldn't worry, there's a high probability for you being that 1%.

    Lol that is what I meant though. Email is complex and OP made an error and went PMSING.

    Granted, Jar may or may not have handled errors a bit better. But tbh, a bounce is better than your email randomly getting blackholed.

    LET literally gave birth to some of the bigger dogs in the vps industry. Smaller folks like you and me and many others should not be looked down just because we advertise in an open market place.

    Sorry woke up and this was the first thing I read today (keyword alert is a bitch) and got my emotion startled up a bit. But you know, big names make as much error as small names. They are just big enough to either hide it behind strong PR or shift the blame to the other guy.

    Back to memeing.

    Here's to our Queen of Texas, Jar jar the 1st:

  • verovero Member, Provider
    edited February 2

    @seriesn said:
    Lol that is what I meant though. Email is complex and OP made an error and went PMSING.

    Granted, Jar may or may not have handled errors a bit better. But tbh, a bounce is better than your email randomly getting blackholed.

    I like @jar attitude regarding email handling (I learned earlier) both with yours - about service equality, not considering the company size (or even dominant role in the market), but I apply same requirements to all providers as the seriousness of undelivered email can not be downplayed.

    Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @seriesn said: Email is complex and OP made an error and went PMSING.

    Exact reason of PMS: SPF record was missing server IP/hostname. But, it had ~all. AFAIK, such emails should be dumped in a SPAM folder, but not rejected entirely.

    When I corrected my "epic failure", "fuck up", "total incompetence" and "absolute noob'enes" I already was in PMS mode. Sorry. But I can't allow such good provider to degenerate to a level with Microsoft email.

    Thanked by 2seriesn drunkendog
  • oh so now its all about saving MXRoute from becoming ms mail. Didnt his instructions say to use an SPF record and tell you exactly how to get it? I know mine did. Damn this story keeps changing today.

    Thanked by 2jar drunkendog

    Stop the insanity - Use firebase, cloudflare workers, oracle cloud, proton vpn and stop spending money

  • @Unbelievable said:
    oh so now its all about saving MXRoute from becoming ms mail. Didnt his instructions say to use an SPF record and tell you exactly how to get it? I know mine did. Damn this story keeps changing today.

    It's always about microsoft. What's your point?

Sign In or Register to comment.