Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mysterium Node, and selling your bandwidth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mysterium Node, and selling your bandwidth

skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Welcome,

Has anyone used apps like Mysterium Node, from which you can earn money from selling your unused bandwidth?
I personally did and earned approx.. 1 usd in 13 days, and i pay like 2.5 usd per month for this server. So if the earnings continue, im going to be able to make back the money that i put in into this idling VPS (paid in advance for the whole years).

Has anyone used other apps like this,
If yes than what are your experiences?

Comments

• these never pay enough to be worth it, or be worth the legal trouble when someone inevitably posts illegal contents

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I read about it and it's similar to Tor Exits - the network running on dirty fibers and used by drug dealers.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Interesting -- seems like they prefer residential IPs but don't say you can't use a data center IP.

PSA -- don't run this thing though. You might get banned from your hosting provider if the data coming out is bad enough.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• @lentro said:
    Interesting -- seems like they prefer residential IPs but don't say you can't use a data center IP.

PSA -- don't run this thing though. You might get banned from your hosting provider if the data coming out is bad enough.

I knew you were going to comment here. Haha.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@seriesn said: I knew you were going to comment here. Haha.

Haha :)

Passive income is passive income :wink:, and FluidStack (where I work) used to have a similar service.

I instinctively thought, how about I spin a bunch of hourlies on AWS/GCP with my credits? Then I remembered that I might as well not be a helpful idiot for criminals.

Thanked by 1seriesn