Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A feedback is verry welcome ! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A feedback is verry welcome !

2»

Comments

• The new nvme line is fine, but the concern is that the storage plan's hard drive and CPU have already cannot handle such huge amount of IO.

After all these years, I've become accustomed to down time.

• @cociu
    8 hours is good for me, btw (do not remember if already asked) do you (or will you) have internal network?

• 8 hours is good for me, btw (do not remember if already asked) do you (or will you) have internal network?

i will not this and we will see how we can implement it in the future

• @cociu good, thank you for your support

• @cociu 1gbps is OK for me anyway :) Wish us all no 8hr downtimes ;)

• I'm just fine with 8 hours downtime for a 10Gbps upgrade.

• Personally I'd take the 8 hours downtime if it means I'll get any faster speeds. The best I really get currently is 250mbps on the 1gbps port. Maybe an option would be you if could have customers sign up for the upgrade and agree to the downtime, and then the people who do not want downtime would not get the upgrade right now?

• @glacier32 said: Maybe an option would be you if could have customers sign up for the upgrade and agree to the downtime, and then the people who do not want downtime would not get the upgrade right now?

this mean more inversion for me (block almost doble of servers/hardware ) for same income ... sorry will not happen i think.

• I'm fine with downtime.... I've got a storage box that it wouldn't matter if it was down for a day

But as others have said it would he worth letting customers know with a few emails before hand so they have time to prepare

But a days downtime for massively increased bandwidth.... I think most will be able to deal with

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited January 2021

I'm not a customer of yours so take this as you wish.

In practice, if my servers experienced 8 hours of downtime, it wouldn't affect me. Even if it wasn't planned, at worst it would be a mild inconvenience. But that's because all I host is personal services which are not in any way critical.

That being said, if I were your customer and had a say in the matter, in principle I would be against this. If I hosted anything important - and some people do - 8 hours of downtime would be a lot. I find these sort of interruptions unprofessional - if you want to improve your services, do it, but not at the expense of providing me with what I already paid for. If I had something critical that needed hosting, I wouldn't host it with you, precisely because I would be worried about these sort of shenanigans. I would go with one of the big guys where there is little to no friction, things just run smoothly.

At the end of the day though, my opinion doesn't matter. You should know your own customer base and what their needs are. They are the only ones who can tell you what they are willing to accept, and you should do what is best for them. But if I were in your shoes, even if just one of my customers would be negatively affected by this, I wouldn't go through with it.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • verovero Member, Host Rep

If any of my providers would announce something similar to this, I would seriously consider their mental health and would check if their site wasn't hacked. This is not directed towards any of LET members, I've only modeled the situation.

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2021

@vero said: If any of my providers would announce something similar to this, I would seriously consider their mental health and would check if their site wasn't hacked. This is not directed towards any of LET members, I've only modeled the situation.

my customers (more than 95%) is know i am not normal ... so will not be news for them.

Any way thaks for feedback .

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • verovero Member, Host Rep

@cociu said:
    my customers (more than 95%) is know i am not normal ... so will not be news for them.

Any way thaks for feedback .

I think clients do accept provider's extraordinarity as long as this doesn't affect them (in a bad way) directly. Most if not all greatest entrepreneurs in the world can hardly be called normal.

• Do storage KVMs get that port speed upgrade too after downtime? I doubt my 1 TB can handle that much speed :D

• I'm fine with 8 hours downtime for free 10Gb upgrade. Do it!!!

Thanked by 1k4zz
  • my problem is i dont know how to use the 1 TB with you. i totally have no stuff to do on it. can you tell me?

• @awooooool said:
    Do storage KVMs get that port speed upgrade too after downtime? I doubt my 1 TB can handle that much speed :D

Same thought. As someone already said, the CPU and disk will be the limiting factor.
    I am not against this 8 hour downtime as I am barely using my box for the reasons above but I would rather have better CPU/disk speeds than 10G network.

Thanked by 1awooooool
  • @Pixels said:

@awooooool said:
    Do storage KVMs get that port speed upgrade too after downtime? I doubt my 1 TB can handle that much speed :D

Same thought. As someone already said, the CPU and disk will be the limiting factor.
    I am not against this 8 hour downtime as I am barely using my box for the reasons above but I would rather have better CPU/disk speeds than 10G network.

True