Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for hourly VPS provider in NL/DE
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for hourly VPS provider in NL/DE

edited January 2021 in Requests

Hello, looking for an provider that bills hourly, but will only charge me for resources consumed rather than the uptime of the server. For example, Hetzner Cloud's hourly billing bills for every hour after the instance has been created. I'm looking for one that is slightly more flexible, where they only charge me for the persistent storage and network used. The power-on time of the instance will be maybe less than 24 hours each month, but I'd like to have a persistent disk because initialization of the software stack takes a long time.

Specs:
1x CPU core
1 GB RAM
~10-20 GB SSD/NVMe (must be local to the instance when running)
100 GB Transfer probably less
10 Gbps shared if possible (bursty usage), but 1Gbps is fine.
<$3/mo aka <$0.0061/hr

Bonus points if it's in a LeaseWeb DC.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hetzner cloud(DE), scaleway (NL)

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • ErisaErisa Member
    edited January 2021

Scaleway will be your best bet if you want to be able to shut it off and only be billed for the resources (Storage and reserved IP unless you remove it).
    Another small note about Scaleway: their quoted network speeds for instances are only sustained over a large time, in reality theyre shared and you can usually push somewhere around a gigabit without too much luck.

On Hetzner Cloud you can get similar by creating a snapshot before deleting the instance but it will give a new IP each time unless you manually add an extra floating IP which costs a little more.

• Thanks, I hadn't thought about snapshots. I will try to make the code adapt to new IPs.

Thanked by 1Erisa