Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How stable are Ryzen Servers? (AX-Line)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How stable are Ryzen Servers? (AX-Line)

chonkchonk Member
edited January 2021 in General

Hello,
I'm wondering how stable are Ryzen servers? Like AX51 at hetzner. If you guys using it, do you experience any issues? Is it stable? How's your uptime?

I'm considering it to host around 500 client websites.

Comments

• Mostly stable, no issues for me.

• I have AX41, 0 issues here

• angeliusangelius Member
    edited January 2021

I have 2 ax-41 using 100% of the cpu and very high didk usage since more than 6 months and no issues at all, Zero second of downtime :)

• Thanks for sharing. So maybe i can host those websites safely. I was worried about failures constantly.

• I have no problems with it. I had it for some months now. Even encoding video with it.

• Used the AX41 for few months. The only issue I faced is the GPU(GT 710) died after a few days. Probably that was my fault. I tried to install some additional drivers for running an android emulator. They replace the GPU very quickly. As you are going to use the server for production, try to get the ECC ram.

• Very stable machines , just don't buy from Hetzner HEL location its very unstable , order from the Germany location instead its very stable !

• Any1 got a ax-41 to transfer? I dont wanna go through the setup fees process

• Used 3900x for dediserver 1 month,0 error and double effects than Intel E5

• @stephfd21 said: Any1 got a ax-41 to transfer? I dont wanna go through the setup fees process

I do.

• I mean is Desktop hardware so I guess is ok... if that don't bother you. @chonk

If you are an AMD fan boy, go with EPYC , that is the correct server grade hardware.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@momkin said:
    just don't buy from Hetzner HEL location its very unstable , order from the Germany location instead its very stable !

Does it apply for all Hetzner's servers or only AMDs?

• @Hxxx said:
    I mean is Desktop hardware so I guess is ok... if that don't bother you. @chonk

If you are an AMD fan boy, go with EPYC , that is the correct server grade hardware.

Yes, that's why i'm wondering how it works. Because it's cheaper and also faster than E3 CPU's at same price range.

I'm not an AMD fan boy. I just care about price/performance with stability. Since today, always used server grade Intel hardware. So wondering how's Ryzen CPU's are doing.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

I have a few clients with Ryzen 5, 7 and 9 and they are all very happy!

• AX41-NVMe with no problems, cpu chugs along fine even under load.

• edited January 2021

2x AX41-NVME

One of them, I have been especially lazy on and shame on me...

The second one is one that spends nearly all of it's time at 75%-100% CPU usage 20/7 (yes, 4 hours of lower cycles).

I have not had any hardware failures or faults that have required any intervention on!

Thanked by 1chonk