Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions regarding VPS Locations?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestions regarding VPS Locations?

OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

Now a days almost all hosting provider has different locations VPS on their website.

Q) What is the market trend now regarding VPS pages design?
Q) Which way will have better results???

Poll Attached..

Best way to market???
  1. What will be the best way to market VPS of different locations on a single website page?20 votes
    1. 1 page with vps plans and put all locations on it as a selection
      90.00%
    2. Different pages for all different locations with same vps plans?
      10.00%

Comments

• Why should you duplicate content and just replace location name? e.g. display a map on your single vps-site and let users choose the location from a drop-down/selection during order process is the way to go imo.

Thanked by 1OBHost
  • OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

@webcraft said:
    Why should you duplicate content and just replace location name?

What if i don't use the duplicate content? Will it better for SEO as well as for Marketing?
    Already have a map on website, Have a look at obhost.net (Have any suggestion it will be best)

• pikepike Veteran

If you offer the exact same configurations in all locations and never run out of stock you can have 1 page, where customer selects location as VPS attribute on the order page. Other than that I would advise to list each offer for each location, either on one or multiple pages.

Thanked by 1OBHost

@pike said:
    If you offer the exact same configurations in all locations and never run out of stock you can have 1 page, where customer selects location as VPS attribute on the order page. Other than that I would advise to list each offer for each location, either on one or multiple pages.

Ok...

• @OBHost said: What if i don't use the duplicate content? Will it better for SEO as well as for Marketing?

Already have a map on website, Have a look at obhost.net (Have any suggestion it will be best)

http://prntscr.com/xd9xtv

Why would you make 100 links in the same place where all of them only linked to only 10 different pages? To me, it looks unprofessional.

I like to see providers all the same type of offerings on a single page. The available locations should be mentioned there. If there is a price difference, the product display page should mention starting from XX & all the locations & their price should be available in order page.

@Hakim said:

@OBHost said: What if i don't use the duplicate content? Will it better for SEO as well as for Marketing?

http://prntscr.com/xd9xtv

Why would you make 100 links in the same place where all of them only linked to only 10 different pages? To me, it looks unprofessional.

I like to see providers all the same type of offerings on a single page. The available locations should be mentioned there. If there is a price difference, the product display page should mention starting from XX & all the locations & their price should be available in order page.

What about SEO, For example recently we launch Singapore Node and we are not able to get the proper traffic of it, This forcing us to have a separate page of every location with custom (Not duplicate) content for easy google seo market as well as ads.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

I haven't really thought much about this, but my gut would be to make a single page for the offers, where all locations can be selected.

For SEO I would make a seperate page for each location, but then again refers to the page with all offers, should someone want to order a server.

Thanked by 1OBHost
  • @OBHost said: What about SEO, For example recently we launch Singapore Node and we are not able to get the proper traffic of it, This forcing us to have a separate page of every location with custom (Not duplicate) content for easy google seo market as well as ads.

I am not an expert on SEO.
    You can use meta tag, Schema, etc. I assume your SEO target is Google. What I know is google does care about user experience. Not hundreds of tags on the web page & thousands of meta tags(I did a few years back).

Thanked by 1OBHost
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@OBHost

I just had a quick look at your web site and I see quite a bit that needs improvement. For example, your locations on the map are ridiculously wrong. Or, just a details but details can bite you, "Euro" below canadian Dollars? Seriously? You really want to risk p_ssing off > half a billion Europeans?

As for your VPS page I feel it's a mess. Example: "OpenVZ" and "KVM" tucked away in tiny letters, no location info at all (that I could see at a quick glance), colour scheme not really well to read, etc.

As for your OP: Not "either or" but both. A convenient human oriented (well structured!) page with selections -and- pages per location and type (OVZ - KVM, etc) which primarily address SEO but also serve humans, linking, etc.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited January 2021

@OBHost said:
    What if i don't use the duplicate content? Will it better for SEO as well as for Marketing?

If you don't use duplicated content, this could improve your SEO but it has to contribute to the user experience, means you should really provide different information and not just location specific ones. Google/Bing/Yahoo etc. values the benefit a user gets when being redirected to your site. If a user gets 75% (I don't know the exact number) the same information on all your vps-sites, you're just drumming up traffic to the crawler bots which might be regarded as spam and thus decrease your SEO instead of improving.

@OBHost said:

Yes, this is what I mean. Would add this to your single vps-site.

• I think it all depends on how many locations and vps plans you have.

If you have many locations and multiple plans in each location then it is good to have mutiple pages based on locations, for good user experience. You don't want users to keep scrolling to find the location they want and then see the plans they want in that location. Just imagine Oneprovider having a single page for all their dedicated server offers, that will be bad user experience.

If the plans and locations are few then you can go in for a single page and segregate based on location.

Also if the plans are similar in all locations, then you can just show the plans and while ordering they can choose the location they want.

Thanked by 1OBHost

@jsg said:
    @OBHost

I just had a quick look at your web site and I see quite a bit that needs improvement. For example, your locations on the map are ridiculously wrong. Or, just a details but details can bite you, "Euro" below canadian Dollars? Seriously? You really want to risk p_ssing off > half a billion Europeans?

Currency has been adjusted as Alphabetically orders, Let me update the maps etc..

@jsg said:
    @OBHost

As for your VPS page I feel it's a mess. Example: "OpenVZ" and "KVM" tucked away in tiny letters, no location info at all (that I could see at a quick glance), colour scheme not really well to read, etc.
    As for your OP: Not "either or" but both. A convenient human oriented (well structured!) page with selections -and- pages per location and type (OVZ - KVM, etc) which primarily address SEO but also serve humans, linking, etc.

Suggestions Noted.

@ravepen_xyz said:

If the plans and locations are few then you can go in for a single page and segregate based on location.

Also if the plans are similar in all locations, then you can just show the plans and while ordering they can choose the location they want.

Plans are same just pricing difference because of location selection.

• how many locations you have? @OBHost

Germany, Pakistan, Poland, France, Singapore & Canada

• Have a look at LeapSwitch / Vultr / Ramnode - you might get an idea .

But if locations are many try something Oneprovider.com

@ravepen_xyz said:
    Have a look at LeapSwitch / Vultr / Ramnode - you might get an idea .

But if locations are many try something Oneprovider.com