Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get @poisson to review a VPS provider on lowendboxes.review?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do I get @poisson to review a VPS provider on lowendboxes.review?

Their website indicates that:

LowEndBoxes Review does not respond to any request to feature deals, be reviewed or to be placed on The Whitelist.

Does anyone know how one gets noticed by them? #AskingForAFriend obviously :)

Full disclosure: I'm a CRO at Contabo

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

You can just ask @poisson directly but he hasn't been active lately AFAIK.

OTOH, @jsg does a pretty good and extensive review as well.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2021

Put a gun to his head and say "Please".

• @thedp said:

Thanks, this is helpful

• edited January 2021

@Neoon said:

I'm not sure if this would follow community guidelines. Plus, I doubt he will feel free to perform an honest review under such circumstances.

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • pay him

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@aleksanderkuczek said:

@Neoon said:

I'm not sure if this would follow community guidelines. Plus, I doubt he will feel free to perform an honest review under such circumstances.

Its a movie line.

See if you want someone to make a review, you ask him directly.
    If he dosen't response, he is likely not interested.

And publicly pushing someone to do a review for them is a joke
    Hence the sarcastic movie line.

Thanked by 1aleksanderkuczek
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@thedp said:

Thanks for the compliment. And yes, I'm even kind of the "official" LET benchmarker as I have been asked to do that function by the big boss

@aleksanderkuczek

If I'm officially asked to do a benchmark & review your friend needs a provider tag I guess. But I'm also free to do a benchmark and publish a review on LET privately by myself of course, and I did so quite a few times.

The factors driving my decisions are
    I'm a friendly guy (and easy to convince to help out) and I like to support our community.

but

I must feel that the LET community would be interested and/or benefit. That's the major point.

The VPS (or dedi) should be interesting. "Very cheap but reasonably performant and equipped" is a good example. If confronted with a $5/mo VPS with 1 vCore, 1GB, 10GB HDD, 500 GB traffic my interest is quite limited; the same spec, possibly even SSD based, for $15/year will find me interested.
    I'm also relatively open to new providers but then my testing will include the aspect "is that a serious infrastructure and are they likely to survive?".
    I usually run my benchmark on FreeBSD; originally because the disk results are more honest than with linux but meanwhile also because I can see how good (and easy) a providers "load and mount your own ISO" mechanism is. Side note: NO, providing me with an ISO of my choice is not good enough, I'm interested in what every LET user can get.
    But I'm also willing to go a bit more exotic. For example when asked whether I'd be willing to port my benchmark software to the PowerPC my clear answer was "yes", and right now I'm running a compiled for musl lib version on Alpine linux on a Novos test VPS.

All of that is done for free of course, be it a 2 or 3 days short test or a month long one. I'm only expecting "payment" (typ. in the form of a free VPS) if a provider wants either a private test/review or much more elaborated and/or detailed testing.

Note that my primary focus is on LET. If you are about LEB I suggest to contact one of our fine admins; @raindog308 seems to be the LEB guy.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@poisson is training for 1000 push-ups in a day because @seriesn promised a 200% coupon code.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3182031#Comment_3182031