Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Anyone with Experience using Ikoula?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Anyone with Experience using Ikoula?

I'm tempted to buy a server in their sale, they have sweet deals for dedicated servers, the thing is the reviews are a bit messy and don't give a real picture of how they are as a provider.

Anyone has experience with them? Especially with dedicated servers, their networking, OS images and support.

Thanks,
Daniel

Comments

  • I use ikoula maybe for 1 month,
    bought their i3 Dedicated Server when they were on sale.

    Their network was good,
    they have Linux & windows server images as I remember.

    if you want to install another OS you can rent their KVM-Over-IP for 19 Euro I think, but you can only use it for 24-48 hours.

    Their support is slow.
    When I request to install KVM-Over-IP setup times took I think roughly 4 days because they say they are under staff.

    And their panel is sucks,
    sometimes, a lot of things didn't work like intended so you are forced to contact their support

    Freelance Web Developer & Web Designer - Available for hire | DT Server Status - My server uptime status

  • @DianTama said:
    I use ikoula maybe for 1 month,
    bought their i3 Dedicated Server when they were on sale.

    Their network was good,
    they have Linux & windows server images as I remember.

    if you want to install another OS you can rent their KVM-Over-IP for 19 Euro I think, but you can only use it for 24-48 hours.

    Their support is slow.
    When I request to install KVM-Over-IP setup times took I think roughly 4 days because they say they are under staff.

    And their panel is sucks,
    sometimes, a lot of things didn't work like intended so you are forced to contact their support

    Thanks for your reply!
    Can you take a screenshot of the panel or list the overall main features in it?

    Can you reinstall OS, can you change PTR for IPv4 and IPv6, can you configure partitioning in installation, can you reboot the server, etc

  • jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited January 21

    I have an Agile S box from a few months back I got while on sale, though I can't comment on the performance (I only occasionally use it for experiments) I can give some feedback about the service.

    • Reinstalls take ages
    • Netboot sometimes gets stuck which requires you to open a ticket and wait
    • Reboots aren't instant and is limited to once every 10mins
    • Support response time varies wildly
    • KVM is quite expensive

    I still haven't properly setup my box since I can't debug my encrypted root image install and KVM is quite expensive to rent, so I just juggle between reinstalling whenever I need to do something with it and tryin to get my image to work.

  • @danielnaaman said: Can you take a screenshot of the panel or list the overall main features in it?

    Can you reinstall OS, can you change PTR for IPv4 and IPv6, can you configure partitioning in installation, can you reboot the server, etc

    I can't screenshot their panel since I'm not using their service for a long time.

    Yes, you can reinstall OS from their panel,
    but it took so long to wait, sometimes stuck and you need to open a ticket.

    for PTR I have no idea if they have the features or not, I totally forgot.

    Thanked by 2axelblaze axelblaze

    Freelance Web Developer & Web Designer - Available for hire | DT Server Status - My server uptime status

  • This is the panel for my dedi.

    Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @fredo1664 said:
    This is the panel for my dedi.

    This same panel for micro server?

  • I don't have a micro server unfortunately.

  • JoeFJoeF Member

    I have an i5 ikoula server. Their network is good but it is nearly impossible to get support on a weekend. they are a 7/10 provider the network and low prices make up for it.

  • ErisaErisa Member
    edited January 21

    @youandri said:

    @fredo1664 said:
    This is the panel for my dedi.

    This same panel for micro server?

    Micro server does not have a panel, you just get thrown ssh details and told to deal with it.

    --

    I used their Pi micro servers for a time.. I don't know if its just an issue with their ipv6 but I found the network to be absolutely abysmal, it was the most inconsistent and error prone network I've seen in a while. I hope it was just a fluke and I got unlucky.

    I know its going through a NAT64 for this but this screenshot I took back then sums up my experience:

    Some feedback from current users, especially micro server ones would be.. welcome.

  • they're not good nor bad they're just okay

    Thanked by 1Erisa

    lurking in the shadows like a wombat or some shit

Sign In or Register to comment.