Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Windows KMS/Volume Licensing Assistance
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows KMS/Volume Licensing Assistance

darrenswebdarrensweb Member
edited January 2021 in Requests

Hi,

I am currently setting up a small dedicated server to provide around 30 or 40 Windows machines for a group of developers.

I have had many VM's off of providers here that have fully activated windows licenses which I believe is via KMS licensing.

Does anyone have experience with this and willing to help set this up or explain the process? I do not expect anyone to do this for free so please get in touch if you know how to do this.

Comments

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited January 2021

Well you would need a datacenter license and setup a KMS server, it's not that hard there's plenty of documentation.

Datacenter license is very expensive though. I have reason to believe many providers here buy keys on eBay for that purpose which might not be very legal. To be compliant you would require SPLA licensing for multiple servers or datacenter for one server.

But basically the steps are: Setup KMS server, import the key. Setup KMS in your DNS. Install the Windows client with a KMS client key.

That's about it, there's nothing to it really.

Btw you can always use Windows Eval as well if you don't need them longer than 180 days.