Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limited Availability $16 16GB RAM VPS (France)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Limited Availability $16 16GB RAM VPS (France)

MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
edited January 2021 in Offers

Hi people,

For a while I've have limited availability "VDS" or "hybrid" plans (whatever you want to call it), KVM VPS available in the US and now I have some spots available in France. You can utilize all resources to your hearts content. Reliability and uptime does not lack due to the price, all services I offer have high expectations. If you need a large VPS for something like a popular web server, high activity game server, or whatever else please consider trying it out, or any other services at ExtraVM.

$16/month
16GB RAM (DDR4 ECC)
2 CPU Cores (E5-1660v3, 8c/16t CPU)
100GB NVMe SSD (RAID-1)
50TB @ 500Mbps
1 IPv4, 1 IPv6
DDoS Protected (info)
IP Management & Network Firewall (info)
Roubaix, France
Order Here

ExtraVM also has normal VPS services in the USA (Texas, Florida, Virginia), Canada (Montreal), Europe (France, United Kingdom), Singapore, Australia, but at the moment there are no promotions and only the 1GB RAM plans fit in LET pricing.

All servers have a 3 day refund period no questions asked.

Edit: I guess technically this price is against the rules, a moderator can delete it if they feel it's necessary, but lets be real.

Thanked by 3Aluminat ferri Decicus

Comments

• pullangcubopullangcubo Member
    edited January 2021

I highly recommend ExtraVM! Legit prem service!

I would have grabbed one, if only it was in NA or possibly APAC...any chance to have similar plan (with similar pricing :D) in NA in the future?

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@pullangcubo said:
    Highly recommend ExtraVM! Legit prem service!

I would have grabbed one, if only it was in NA or possibly APAC...any chance to have similar plan (with similar pricing :D) in NA in the future?

Probably not, unless hardware used for game servers is repurposed in the future, and if so that's a ways off.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @pullangcubo said:
    I highly recommend ExtraVM! Legit prem service!

Me too! +1 ExtraVM

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@MikeA said:
    Edit: I guess technically this price is against the rules, a moderator can delete it if they feel it's necessary, but lets be real.

Sir, you did not buy into Colocleansing, so your request wont be valid.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • @MikeA said: I guess technically this price is against the rules, a moderator can delete it if they feel it's necessary, but lets be real.

ikr, I have no idea why some people complaining when the offer is higher than $7/m. even though the spec is high / its not possible to sell it $7 or under

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited January 2021

@DianTama said:
    ikr, I have no idea why some people complaining when the offer is higher than $7/m. even though the spec is high / its not possible to sell it $7 or under

Easy:

1. Lower price to $7/month.
    2. Misconfigure your WHMCS so that it's $7/year as well.
    3. Deadpool.

Ask @marvel.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3190272/#Comment_3190272

Or:

It's time to revise forum rules to allow a higher price cap on dedicated CPU.

Thanked by 2marvel webcraft
  • Honestly, price limit should be based on amount of resources provided, although this may make stuff a little complex. Never understood why there is a fixed limit on VPSes when they can clearly come in different sizes. Sure, it's LowEndTalk, but people buy dedis here.

• Hi @MikeA,
    Sorry, did you have the wrong CPU parameters?
    If it is E5-1660 v3 then according to Intel it should have Base Frequency: 3.00 GHz
    and 20MB Cache
    but actually it is:
    CPU Model: QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    CPU Cores: 2 @ 3199.996 MHz x86_64 16384 KB Cache
    CPU Flags: AES-NI Disabled & VM-x / AMD-V Disabled

edited January 2021

@dinhvanlocitvn said:
    Hi @MikeA,
    Sorry, did you have the wrong CPU parameters?
    If it is E5-1660 v3 then according to Intel it should have Base Frequency: 3.00 GHz
    and 20MB Cache
    but actually it is:
    CPU Model: QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    CPU Cores: 2 @ 3199.996 MHz x86_64 16384 KB Cache
    CPU Flags: AES-NI Disabled & VM-x / AMD-V Disabled

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/82766/intel-xeon-processor-e5-1660-v3-20m-cache-3-00-ghz.html

Edit - I'm guessing you were the one who requested a refund. Did you really order, just to ask for a refund immediately after because you don't like how QEMU displays CPU information?

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • edited January 2021

Yes, but it is not what caused me to cancel the service. I tested the ping latency and actual speed from my VDS to Vietnam, it has high ping ~ 290 ms, upload speed is only about 1 Mbps (speedtest --server-id=10040). It does not actually match my plan to use it. As for the CPU: I don't know what its name is, the parameters you configured are different from Intel (although I think you might configure it to be able to use Turbo Frequency), dedicated core CPU without AES-NI and VM-x, it's really not that optimal. In fact, customers want to know the exact name of the CPU they are using rather than QEMU and this is dedicated CPU. Thanks @MikeA, but unfortunately I can't continue using it.

• @MikeA said:
    Did you really order, just to ask for a refund immediately after because you don't like how QEMU displays CPU information?

Hey, No question asked.

edited January 2021

@dinhvanlocitvn said:
    Yes, but it is not what caused me to cancel the service. I tested the ping latency and actual speed from my VDS to Vietnam, it has high ping ~ 290 ms, upload speed is only about 1 Mbps (speedtest --server-id=10040). It does not actually match my plan to use it. As for the CPU: I don't know what its name is, the parameters you configured are different from Intel (although I think you might configure it to be able to use Turbo Frequency), dedicated core CPU without AES-NI and VM-x, it's really not that optimal. In fact, customers want to know the exact name of the CPU they are using rather than QEMU and this is dedicated CPU. Thanks @MikeA, but unfortunately I can't continue using it.

Yes, speed and latency to southeast Asia will be pretty bad from western Europe.

The CPU is literally listed on the order form, and on this thread. If you didn't want to see QEMU then passthrough can be enabled or other VM CPU settings set. I am almost certain no CPU settings are disabled for VMs.

@yokowasis said:
    Hey, No question asked.

I know, and I always will refund a user immediately without asking for a reason beforehand, but it does get frustrating sometimes having to refund special, limited stock plans that aren't meant to make profit, shortly after the order was just placed, with no fault of the hosting service, and losing money on it due to PayPals fees which don't get refunded to the merchant.

• Yes, I did exactly what he said above. And he ask the reason, I answered.

@MikeA said:
    All servers have a 3 day refund period no questions asked.

• I know, and I always will refund a user immediately without asking for a reason beforehand, but it does get frustrating sometimes having to refund special, limited stock plans that aren't meant to make profit, shortly after the order was just placed, and losing money on it due to PayPals fees which don't get refunded to the merchant.

Hi @MikeA,
    I know you have to pay for Paypal, but that's the terms you set, not me. If you do not want to do that then you should correct the refund information above. Actually, I still have to convert foreign currency fee when I trade in USD with my Vietnamese bank and I accepted that when trying to try your service. But it's really not right for me, I'm just using it with my right.
    Thanks you again!

edited January 2021

@dinhvanlocitvn said:

I know, and I always will refund a user immediately without asking for a reason beforehand, but it does get frustrating sometimes having to refund special, limited stock plans that aren't meant to make profit, shortly after the order was just placed, and losing money on it due to PayPals fees which don't get refunded to the merchant.

Hi @MikeA,
    I know you have to pay for Paypal, but that's the terms you set, not me. If you do not want to do that then you should correct the refund information above. Actually, I still have to convert foreign currency fee when I trade in USD with my Vietnamese bank and I accepted that when trying to try your service. But it's really not right for me, I'm just using it with my right.
    Thanks you again!

There is nothing to correct, I refunded you immediately when I saw the ticket this morning, maybe 7-10 hours ago.

• Hi @MikeA,
    Thank you, I've seen my refund invoice. Honestly I just do what is in your terms only, I do not intentionally abuse it. As for the reason for canceling the service, I have already answered for you even though you said that there is no need to ask. Hope you and I can continue to work happily in the future, I still want to use your service but with a more suitable node.

• @dinhvanlocitvn said:
    Hi @MikeA,
    Thank you, I've seen my refund invoice. Honestly I just do what is in your terms only, I do not intentionally abuse it. As for the reason for canceling the service, I have already answered for you even though you said that there is no need to ask. Hope you and I can continue to work happily in the future, I still want to use your service but with a more suitable node.

Or do a ping/trace test next time first? He does have test IP’s available on his website

• I find it annoying myself that people buy to test rather than buy to use. I guess its a cultural difference, but I consider all sales final.. If I want to test something, I ask for free or paid trial period rather than just order and demand my money back.

Is this common in Asia or am I just missing something?

Thanked by 1t0m
  • @stefeman said:
    I find it annoying myself that people buy to test rather than buy to use. I guess its a cultural difference, but I consider all sales final.. If I want to test something, I ask for free or paid trial period rather than just order and demand my money back.

Is this common in Asia or am I just missing something?

Personally I don't mind. I even encourage people to buy to test and give 30 days money back guarantee. Unless they abuse it and refund after 29 days and order again.

And yes you pay $0.30 to Paypal for each refund. You can either charge that to the customer and change your refund policy or deal with it yourself, it's a choice you need to make.

Thanked by 2yoursunny bruh21
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

I guess it's part of the cost of doing business. @MikeA has a no questions asked refund policy and now the customer was kind enough to provide some input anyway, so I guess both were winners in the end. @MikeA provided the refund but also got an answer to why and the customer got his refund quickly.

In the end, it's up to the provider to offer a refund, and I applaud all that do, but some are not offering refunds for special promotions. In the end it depends on what kind of provider you want to be!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited January 2021

@marvel said:
    And yes you pay $0.30 to Paypal for each refund.

Whoever told you this is, it's not true. Not to mention some gateways/methods have vastly different refund policies, however that's not a debate for this thread.

• dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited February 2021
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sun 07 Feb 2021 09:39:39 PM GMT

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3199.996 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 15.6 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 97.5 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 254.66 MB/s  (63.6k) | 841.37 MB/s  (13.1k)
    Write      | 255.33 MB/s  (63.8k) | 845.79 MB/s  (13.2k)
    Total      | 510.00 MB/s (127.5k) | 1.68 GB/s    (26.3k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 951.06 MB/s   (1.8k) | 955.99 MB/s    (933)
    Write      | 1.00 GB/s     (1.9k) | 1.01 GB/s      (995)
    Total      | 1.95 GB/s     (3.8k) | 1.97 GB/s     (1.9k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 486 Mbits/sec   | 681 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy           
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 485 Mbits/sec   | 804 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 399 Mbits/sec   | 21.7 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 293 Mbits/sec   | 132 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 437 Mbits/sec   | 57.6 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 446 Mbits/sec   | 92.7 Mbits/sec 
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 381 Mbits/sec   | 61.3 Mbits/sec 

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 760                           
    Multi Core      | 1475                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6377826

Thanked by 1MikeA