Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ NVMe ★ FREE Ryzen Beta ★ LA & NL ★ Ryzen $38/2YR ★ 1TB HDD $80/2YR ★ 1.5GB From $9.20/YR - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ NVMe ★ FREE Ryzen Beta ★ LA & NL ★ Ryzen $38/2YR ★ 1TB HDD $80/2YR ★ 1.5GB From $9.20/YR

Comments

• @Bsod said: Now not being able to do anything, with no answer at all seems unfair to me, if you're ok with their policy it i respect your opinion, but i think you can see what i'm concerned for.

I never said that and if you read me again, you will find that I agree that you should be able to use these space. But the delay in ticket is weird and I supposed you where doing something wrong.

• thats just virmach idk what you expect

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Bsod I remember reviewing a ticket already some time ago, it's just waiting on the development queue. If you need it urgently then it was mis-flagged and perhaps I missed that fact if you mentioned it on the ticket. In this case, priority ticket and let us specifically know that the disk space is full due to this error and it should be expanded by us immediately. Provide credentials if you want us to also reboot the VPS and log in to ensure it expanded correctly.

@ben47955 said: Concerning ticket respond, unlike you spamming ticket system, this should not be that delayed. I believe they caught up from their last sale by now.

A few tickets are still stuck, we made immense progress this week. These are the tickets that either got flagged incorrectly due to time constraints or require substantial work per ticket or generally a more complicated issue.

These are about 0.5% of tickets left over. Trying very hard to close them out today.

@corbpie said: Is this gonna happen before Christmas?

Alpha test was supposed to be last week, shifted to this week. Beta test will definitely be there by the published times.

@kuduku said: NVMe+HDD @VirMach

@ramonwap said: NVME+HDD is great idea. I'm already using nvme+hdd with letbox and i like this combination

@WebHorizon said: @VirMach NVMe + optional HDD feels a good idea.

@ramonwap said: NVME+HDD is great idea. I'm already using nvme+hdd with letbox and i like this combination

Glad there's interest here. We'll definitely at least have a few of these then and see how people like them.

@Bsod said:
    Very bad experience with this provider's support.
    After over 1 month of waiting i still have no answer to my ticket.

I've a 125gb ssd KVM VPS (moved by Virmach last year from an old OpenVZ BF offer to the new KVM lite), stuck at 10gb disk memory, without options to expand disk.

I gladly like to have an answer from @VirMach to know if i have to keep this service active or move my machines to another provider.
    Paying for a 125gb ssd disk and being able to use only 10gb isn't really fair.

Update on this, I located your new ticket and flagged it priority queue.

• Fix you support level first especially with responce time

No one buying your service no matter how good your product it is if your support sucks

Dont get me wrong, I am happy with your vps but not with support quality, it some like bellow average of every provider here although you provide us cheap vps here, and we have no rights to complain about

• @add_iT said:
    Fix you support level first especially with responce time

No one buying your service no matter how good your product it is if your support sucks

Empirical evidence would seem to disagree with you.

• GOBBLESGOBBLES Member
    edited February 2021

@add_iT said:
    Fix you support level first especially with responce time

Dont get me wrong, I am happy with your vps but not with support quality, it some like bellow average of every provider here although you provide us cheap vps here, and we have no rights to complain about

Cheap services usually dont come with quick and quality support because labor is not cheap

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @VirMach said:

A few tickets are still stuck, we made immense progress this week. These are the tickets that either got flagged incorrectly due to time constraints or require substantial work per ticket or generally a more complicated issue.

These are about 0.5% of tickets left over. Trying very hard to close them out today.

Well I guess I am one of these 0.5%. had a Ticket #732071 open since Jan.16th for custom ISO mounted but this was closed stating "marked as answered". So opened another few days ago Ticket #869741. Hope 2nd time is a charm :smile:

Apart from this, much of the everything else can be done through VirMach portal and no other service related issues. Had service since 2018 and am pleased.

• Didn't Order but still want to vote for new location.
    LOCATION REQUEST
    Preferred Location: Singapore, SG

Thanked by 1kkrajk

@bula said: Well I guess I am one of these 0.5%. had a Ticket #732071 open since Jan.16th for custom ISO mounted but this was closed stating "marked as answered".

I haven't checked this ticket specifically to give you an answer but generally if it's closed/marked as answered without any other response or it being mounted it means that it's an invalid request. We were trying to filter out all the bad requests this time and didn't have time to reply to everyone letting them know what's specifically wrong about it.

Most common reason is it's either [A] blank, or [B] not URL ending in .ISO

@bula said: Apart from this, much of the everything else can be done through VirMach portal and no other service related issues. Had service since 2018 and am pleased.

Thanks for the feedback. ISO mounts are being worked on as well, so hopefully in the coming months this is another thing people can perform via the portal.

@add_iT said: Fix you support level first especially with responce time

We're down to 0.2% from 0.5% I mentioned earlier, and new tickets have mostly been receiving a normal response time as they're in the regular queue (and this has been the case for some time now.) It's these older tickets that are either complicated or filtered as being related to specials and/or falsely flagged as mentioned.

This is also unrelated to any expansion, that's just extra hours we're putting in or have put in and it's mostly done. I've personally gotten about 10-12 hours of sleep in the last 96~ hours so we're quite aware that there are also other important tasks.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • edited February 2021

Mixed Storage? YES! YES!
    1GB RAM + 25 GB Reserve RAM with 250GB storage feels good

Daily Backup? Not interested, but need snapshot. (at least for me)
    Since most of guys purchase your service as backup / monitor node / test enviornment / proxy.
    Snapshot function like Vutlr or HostUS would be nice.

ps: Can we get rid of ColoCrossing? I suppose that varied storage slice (similar to BuyVM) and different T3 ISP will make you more competitive than Racknerd. They has same ISP as well as similar price, however currently they has better support compare to yours.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited February 2021

@Murata_Chink_Best said:
    Mixed Storage? YES! YES!
    1GB RAM + 25 GB Reserve RAM with 250GB storage feels good

What? You're the last person that should be telling Virmach what to do.

• Sahu1990Sahu1990 Member
    edited February 2021

Hello, I'd like to ask some questions.
    In the "AFTER BETA TEST. What Will Happen?" section and the Q&A section, you mentioned that "The end of the beta test will be announced, and you will be provided at least one week notice." and "We will provde one week notice, and it will be followed by a suspension, and then termination a few days after. We are not planning to offer any automated migrations, so at the end of beta test, even if you purchased the full service, you will have to manually save/move over your data."
    I ordered a PRE-ORDER NEW RYZEN SERVICES in L.A. , and I've paid the bill, the deploy date of which is February 28th, I still don't receive any notice now. Is there any problem?
    In the Q&A section reads "We will only process refunds through an automated button after the wait period (February 28th for Los Angeles, March 31st for Amsterdam, and April 30th if you select a location preference that ends up being selected/deployed." Does that mean there will be a refund option after February 28th?
    Thank you.

• @Sahu1990 said:
    In the "AFTER BETA TEST. What Will Happen?" section and the Q&A section, you mentioned that "The end of the beta test will be announced, and you will be provided at least one week notice." and "We will provde one week notice, and it will be followed by a suspension, and then termination a few days after. We are not planning to offer any automated migrations, so at the end of beta test, even if you purchased the full service, you will have to manually save/move over your data."
    I ordered a PRE-ORDER NEW RYZEN SERVICES in L.A. , and I've paid the bill, the deploy date of which is February 28th, I still don't receive any notice now. Is there any problem?
    In the Q&A section reads "We will only process refunds through an automated button after the wait period (February 28th for Los Angeles, March 31st for Amsterdam, and April 30th if you select a location preference that ends up being selected/deployed." Does that mean there will be a refund option after February 28th?
    Thank you.

I didn't checked if you are correct about the date, but they didn't proceeded the alpha yet. So most likely beta is delayed, unless alpha is deleted and beta starting tomorrow, but I believe they still waiting for part.

edited March 2021

@Murata_Chink_Best said: ps: Can we get rid of ColoCrossing? I suppose that varied storage slice (similar to BuyVM) and different T3 ISP will make you more competitive than Racknerd. They has same ISP as well as similar price, however currently they has better support compare to yours.

We'll work with ColoCrossing as long as they're interested cooperating and maintaining their level of service at the very minimum, the same.

All future expansions will at this time not be with ColoCrossing so I guess that's good news for you. As for pricing and support compared to another company, I do not believe any provider came very close to ours when it comes to the majority of the packages we sold, which were fairly unbeatable when it came to the flash deals.

@Sahu1990 said: In the "AFTER BETA TEST. What Will Happen?" section and the Q&A section, you mentioned that "The end of the beta test will be announced, and you will be provided at least one week notice." and "We will provde one week notice, and it will be followed by a suspension, and then termination a few days after. We are not planning to offer any automated migrations, so at the end of beta test, even if you purchased the full service, you will have to manually save/move over your data."

@ben47955 said:

@Sahu1990 said:
    Thank you.

I didn't checked if you are correct about the date, but they didn't proceeded the alpha yet. So most likely beta is delayed, unless alpha is deleted and beta starting tomorrow, but I believe they still waiting for part.

Refund message will be added right now. We could have rushed it out today but it would have been a very problematic start to the beta with some connectivity issues so we decided against that. It's also better to start on a weekday since datacenter will have more techs available should anything go wrong and since they do need to set up a few things on their end as well.

Every single part is here, and built on our end at this point. We just need to get it to the datacenter on Monday and then set it up, so I'll say it's an extremely safe bet to say it will still deploy this week, early this week.

You can still request a refund if you prefer though, so this is a good chance for anyone who ordered Los Angeles to request one if they changed their mind.

Alpha testers will still go first, beta testers a day or two after once we're sure it's stable enough for it to even deploy automatically. Amsterdam is still on track, barring any issues at customs. And we'll also add in NYC Metro location (New Jersey) to the beta potentially. Votes are also in and it seems like people are very interested in Japan, followed by Singapore, followed by Taipei. This means we are leaning toward Japan for the Asia region. We are speaking with Equinix as well as some people who use their datacenters to see the best fit. If the demand is high enough, we may go with Equinix directly.

So our main locations will most likely be:

• Los Angeles
    • NYC Metro or NYC
    • Amsterdam
    • Japan

Looks like a pretty great start.

• @VirMach said:

@Murata_Chink_Best said: ps: Can we get rid of ColoCrossing? I suppose that varied storage slice (similar to BuyVM) and different T3 ISP will make you more competitive than Racknerd. They has same ISP as well as similar price, however currently they has better support compare to yours.

We'll work with ColoCrossing as long as they're interested cooperating and maintaining their level of service at the very minimum, the same.

All future expansions will at this time not be with ColoCrossing so I guess that's good news for you. As for pricing and support compared to another company, I do not believe any provider came very close to ours when it comes to the majority of the packages we sold, which were fairly unbeatable when it came to the flash deals.

@Sahu1990 said: In the "AFTER BETA TEST. What Will Happen?" section and the Q&A section, you mentioned that "The end of the beta test will be announced, and you will be provided at least one week notice." and "We will provde one week notice, and it will be followed by a suspension, and then termination a few days after. We are not planning to offer any automated migrations, so at the end of beta test, even if you purchased the full service, you will have to manually save/move over your data."

@ben47955 said:

@Sahu1990 said:
    Thank you.

Refund message will be added right now. We could have rushed it out today but it would have been a very problematic start to the beta with some connectivity issues so we decided against that. It's also better to start on a weekday since datacenter will have more techs available should anything go wrong and since they do need to set up a few things on their end as well.

Every single part is here, and built on our end at this point. We just need to get it to the datacenter on Monday and then set it up, so I'll say it's an extremely safe bet to say it will still deploy this week, early this week.

You can still request a refund if you prefer though, so this is a good chance for anyone who ordered Los Angeles to request one if they changed their mind.

Alpha testers will still go first, beta testers a day or two after once we're sure it's stable enough for it to even deploy automatically. Amsterdam is still on track, barring any issues at customs. And we'll also add in NYC Metro location (New Jersey) to the beta potentially. Votes are also in and it seems like people are very interested in Japan, followed by Singapore, followed by Taipei. This means we are leaning toward Japan for the Asia region. We are speaking with Equinix as well as some people who use their datacenters to see the best fit. If the demand is high enough, we may go with Equinix directly.

• Los Angeles
    • NYC Metro or NYC
    • Amsterdam
    • Japan

Thank you for your reply, still some questions.

1. Is the New Jersey datacenter located at the same place as Piscataway (NJ) ?
    2. Could you provide some IPs for route test?
    3. Will there be migration option in the future when the other datacenters besides the L.A. are in stock? I mean may I choose to migrate to another datacenter then?
    4. Are all this datacenters provided at the same price? I mean if I could migrate from one datacenter to another, should I make up the price difference or something?

Thanks again.

• @VirMach said:

@ben47955 said:

@Sahu1990 said:
    Thank you.

• Los Angeles
    • NYC Metro or NYC
    • Amsterdam
    • Japan

Japan access latency is lower in Asia, but the price may be more expensive, and I would prefer a region with lower bandwidth prices.

• JarryJarry Member

Where is that "1.5GB From $9.20/YR" (apart from title)?

• @Jarry said: Where is that "1.5GB From $9.20/YR" (apart from title)?

Posted January 17 in Offers

You kinda too late, those specials are gone.
    btw. Was here.

.-"-. .-"-. .-"-.
    { ORDER NOW }
    "-.-" "-.-" "-.-"

These are our current KVM specials, not pre-order on Ryzen (but on current hardware.)

1GB RAM (Comment Order ID for +512MB***)
    1 vCore (Shared)
    25GB SSD – RAID10
    3TB Transfer – 1Gbps (Shared)
    $18.40/YR – Additional 50% off first term, use code KVMSPEC2021

• @VirMach said:

@ben47955 said:

@Sahu1990 said:
    Thank you.

• Los Angeles
    • NYC Metro or NYC
    • Amsterdam
    • Japan

Hey, is there anything wrong? The service is not on yet, the questions haven't been answered yet, the ticket I opened on the official website was closed without answer.
    What is going on here?

• @Sahu1990 it's a beta test, expect some problems and delays. :)

@Sahu1990 said: Is the New Jersey datacenter located at the same place as Piscataway (NJ) ?

Right now it's somewhere else, it's slightly closer to NYC depending on how you look at it. We're going to just rename this area to "NYC Metropolitan Area" as we may end up going with multiple providers here, to keep it simple.

Later on we could actually have an NYC location located maybe somewhere in Manhattan that we may still keep as a part of the same group.

Could you provide some IPs for route test?

Nope, it's not even close to being set up right now relative to Los Angeles.

Will there be migration option in the future when the other datacenters besides the L.A. are in stock? I mean may I choose to migrate to another datacenter then?

We're working on potentially making this a possibility. We might unlock migrations if the auto migrations perform well, but there will be limits, and it may be temporary.

Are all this datacenters provided at the same price? I mean if I could migrate from one datacenter to another, should I make up the price difference or something?

We are aiming to keep pricing the same. There may be more restrictions for older packages moving to more exotic locations in the future, but even though Japan may end up costing 2-5x more than Los Angeles, colocation cost can be fairly negligible at this stage. The main upfront cost is the hardware, then followed by Windows licensing costs, and finally the colocation/network/IPv4 leasing cost.

@mcgree said: Japan access latency is lower in Asia, but the price may be more expensive, and I would prefer a region with lower bandwidth prices.

What may end up happening is Japan might be naturally more throttled to some degree, as in burst speed. Bursting to 10Gbit may end up quite expensive, versus capping off several servers to 1Gbit.

Our user's usage level, since we do not offer "unmetered" is relatively low. This means 1-2Gbit could potentially serve an entire cabinet.

I do not believe we need to lower the amount of bandwidth offered, but we may end up being more strict on bursts and abuse in that area. Although, we will of course try our best to prevent false positives. We already deployed our system for ending network abuse and we've been tweaking it heavily to prevent false positives.

We may publish these rules more clearly in the future, especially for Japan. For example, there might be a part of our AUP that specifically states, you may not use 1/10th of the month's bandwidth in 1 hour, and so on.

This system was mainly created to prevent outbound DDoS. So right now it affects people who have smaller packages but are sending OUT traffic from their VPS at extremely high rates. We added it to also avoid ColoCrossing's false positives, if we catch it before they do, it prevents them from attempting to throttle customers in (in our opinion) a very bad way. If we catch it and notify customer ourselves, it helps prevent that.

@Sahu1990 said: Hey, is there anything wrong? The service is not on yet, the questions haven't been answered yet, the ticket I opened on the official website was closed without answer.

Please don't open tickets about this just because we didn't answer you on the ticket. If you're impatient the best solution at this point is to cancel for a refund if you paid.

@randomq said: @Sahu1990 it's a beta test, expect some problems and delays.

Waiting on IPv4, and being able to drop off the hardware at this point. Kind of disappointed myself it's already the end of the week, as I was confident in being able to get this done by Tuesday, but it is what it is.

• edited March 2021

Which ISP / data-center in Japan you will cooperate with?

@VirMach said: All future expansions will at this time not be with ColoCrossing so I guess that's good news for you.

• What’s the TLDR? Los Angeles won’t be ready for months?

• @corbpie said:
    What’s the TLDR? Los Angeles won’t be ready for months?

Ryzen not ready

• _MS__MS_ Member

@notarobo said:

@corbpie said:

Ryzen not ready

Ryzen hasn't risen yet; it's still risin'.

• First, thank you for your reply. Still some questions :D

@VirMach said: Nope, it's not even close to being set up right now relative to Los Angeles.

Will there be test file when the machine has been set up? What I really care about is the route and the connection speed, so it's great if there will be test IPs and Download test files when everything is done.

@VirMach said: Please don't open tickets about this just because we didn't answer you on the ticket. If you're impatient the best solution at this point is to cancel for a refund if you paid.

I opened the ticket just because I didn't receive any response, so I want to try to connect you guys. Thanks for your reply now.

@VirMach said: Waiting on IPv4, and being able to drop off the hardware at this point. Kind of disappointed myself it's already the end of the week, as I was confident in being able to get this done by Tuesday, but it is what it is.

So what time will it be ready approximately?

@Sahu1990 said: Will there be test file when the machine has been set up? What I really care about is the route and the connection speed, so it's great if there will be test IPs and Download test files when everything is done.

Not in the beta stage.

@Sahu1990 said: So what time will it be ready approximately?

We visited the datacenter earlier, and dropped off everything required. We ran into problems with the specific rails we're using. We are testing out other rails. Most likely will have more information Monday.

Still waiting on IP announcements.

@corbpie said:

TLDR, ready but not ready.

@Murata_Chink_Best said: Which ISP / data-center in Japan you will cooperate with?

We are in talks with Psychz, who use Equinix, another company, who also uses Equinix, and Equinix, who is Equinix. But Equinix is contacting Equinix about Equinix Japan because Equinix is a very large company with different regional divisions.

If we use Equinix directly, it will be if we go big in that location and commit a lot. We will use Equinix network blend initially, which is extremely expensive but may have to look toward coming up with our own network blend. If we do not use Equinix directly, it will be a network blend offered to us by whoever is using Equinix and we'll try to ensure it's a good blend beforehand.

Thanked by 2FrankZ bulbasaur
  • @VirMach said: We visited the datacenter earlier, and dropped off everything required. We ran into problems with the specific rails we're using. We are testing out other rails. Most likely will have more information Monday.

Still waiting on IP announcements.

Thank you for the information, anything new happens, please tell us here, thanks.
    Besides, hope you can optimize the route to China if you have some good line provider in your mind. If you still don't have a good plan for China, I recommend that you can use line AS9929 or AS4837 for the network of all the ISPs in China, that would be great, since the line is cheap (AS4837) and the load is not high right now which could speed up the connection from the users in China.

Thanked by 1abiaolaoge
  • Hope your new data center can provide a route similar to spartanhost.net. The network to mainland China is very, very good, thank you.