Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ NVMe ★ FREE Ryzen Beta ★ LA & NL ★ Ryzen $38/2YR ★ 1TB HDD $80/2YR ★ 1.5GB From $9.20/YR - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ NVMe ★ FREE Ryzen Beta ★ LA & NL ★ Ryzen $38/2YR ★ 1TB HDD $80/2YR ★ 1.5GB From $9.20/YR

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@mcgree said:

@VirMach said:
    Update for everyone.

If you pre-ordered Amsterdam and paid, we'll start generating your complimentary service since that was not initially offered. We now have room left to generate these, even though it was originally not offered.

If you pre-ordered Los Angeles and paid, we'll start delivering some of these and the alpha orders from the other thread over the weekend, barring any complications.

good news

We had several outages throughout that weekend and this week that delayed things. We're going to shoot for it again this weekend. Feel free to take a look at our network status page if you're interested in seeing what all happened.

Once again, I apologize.

Almost done setting up the storage node for Los Angeles, waiting on CPU replacement in 1-2 days to bump it up to 2x 2690 v4 (and one of the current 2690 v3's was having problems.) Will try adding NVMe caching and doing some further tuning.

The 40~ drives for Amsterdam arrived today, still waiting on chassis, already have the motherboard and some RAM.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@VirMach said:
    Almost done setting up the storage node for Los Angeles, waiting on CPU replacement in 1-2 days to bump it up to 2x 2690 v4 (and one of the current 2690 v3's was having problems.) Will try adding NVMe caching and doing some further tuning.

The 40~ drives for Amsterdam arrived today, still waiting on chassis, already have the motherboard and some RAM.

• Virmach be like - This isn't even my final form! Wait until you see my TRUE power!

• GanonkGanonk Member

@VirMach said:

ticket #798076

• can't wait

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • I love VirMach.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • JabJabJabJab Member

@graphic said: I love VirMach.

How is this deviation called?

• @VirMach said:

this is HDD? where to sign up?

• @notarobo said:

@VirMach said:

this is HDD? where to sign up?

Is this for the storage plans that you've been surveying? Or your usual plans?

• @VirMach said:

Storage vps? I will grab one.

• @VirMach unlocked GOD MODE

@notarobo said: this is HDD? where to sign up?

@stevewatson301 said: Is this for the storage plans that you've been surveying? Or your usual plans?

@galesaur said: Storage vps? I will grab one.

This is the storage node that's almost ready for Los Angeles. Amsterdam will be similar. Initially I wanted to go with a 9460-8i for that location but we bought another 9460-16i since performance is noticeably better. This is also before adding in NVMe SSD for caching but I'm not even sure how much that will help at this point, we will see in about one or two days and then maybe you'll see my final form.

Just keep in mind when a bunch of people are all using the server it will obviously not look like that on the benchmarks. Today, I should have some more information on the Los Angeles deployment and then maybe you can order over the weekend.

Amsterdam, it will still be several weeks away just from the shipping and customs.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Viva la VirMach!

• still_waiting.jpg

Thanked by 1mcgree
  • Waiting for "this weekend" to come

Thanked by 2mcgree mrTom

@corbpie said:
    Waiting for "this weekend" to come

To be fair, my car's been at the mechanic waiting for a part to be manufactured and sent over for repair, and then I should be able to continue my drive to the datacenter to rack a few servers.

I have several other excuses lined up, but for now please check out other customer testimonials:

"I could probably go into sales for you. I'd be lost without this weekend. I am really satisfied with my this weekend. This weekend saved my business."

• Rudy D.

This weekend is the most valuable business resource we have EVER purchased. I don't always clop, but when I do, it's because of this weekend. This weekend has really helped our business. Keep up the excellent work."

• Loralee V.

"You won't regret it. This weekend is awesome! Not able to tell you how happy I am with this weekend. This weekend did exactly what you said it does."

• Mariel B.
  • @VirMach said:

@corbpie said:
    Waiting for "this weekend" to come

To be fair, my car's been at the mechanic waiting for a part to be manufactured and sent over for repair, and then I should be able to continue my drive to the datacenter to rack a few servers.

I have several other excuses lined up, but for now please check out other customer testimonials:

"I could probably go into sales for you. I'd be lost without this weekend. I am really satisfied with my this weekend. This weekend saved my business."

• Rudy D.

This weekend is the most valuable business resource we have EVER purchased. I don't always clop, but when I do, it's because of this weekend. This weekend has really helped our business. Keep up the excellent work."

• Loralee V.

"You won't regret it. This weekend is awesome! Not able to tell you how happy I am with this weekend. This weekend did exactly what you said it does."

• Mariel B.

Can you add some [Single Term Specials]?

• Tech support seems to do very deep investigations at Virmach, where you don't get an answer to your ticket for 10 days:

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • nice Information

• mcgreemcgree Member
    edited August 2021

@tr1cky said:
    Tech support seems to do very deep investigations at Virmach, where you don't get an answer to your ticket for 10 days:

You haven't waited long enough, not long.

You wait more than 1 year before you say.

@tr1cky said:
    Tech support seems to do very deep investigations at Virmach, where you don't get an answer to your ticket for 10 days:

We're catching up to most of these today.

Your ticket involved a required audit of our internal systems as its potentially acting up so it took longer than usual, we haven't forgotten about it though.

edited September 2021

We're going to be deploying a few alpha testers within the next 48 hours, in Phoenix instead of Los Angeles. These are the ALPHA testers that signed up before the beta test (or the initial beta test.) The paid beta testers will soon follow in Los Angeles.

I'll update everyone again tomorrow when have I have some more details.

• @VirMach said:
    We're going to be deploying a few alpha testers within the next 48 hours, in Phoenix instead of Los Angeles. These are the ALPHA testers that signed up before the beta test (or the initial beta test.) The paid beta testers will soon follow in Los Angeles.

Was there a base error where back in January you thought it would take two months but took 10 months?

• Waiting for the Ryzen rack alpha test sale.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@VirMach said:
    We're going to be deploying a few alpha testers within the next 48 hours

Wow, I actually did it. On time. Feels kind of weird.

Thanked by 2giang FAT32

@TimboJones said:

@VirMach said:

Was there a base error where back in January you thought it would take two months but took 10 months?

I found a post where in mid-November I said we'd have it built and up in a week. Then the simulation went all loopy.

Thanked by 3giang FAT32 TimboJones
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited September 2021

@VirMach said:

when is this coming again?

in all this time Goku has already attained Ultra Instinct mode at will , if you noticed.

lets not even mention Vegeta here.

There's a good chance Seattle will be racked/ready tomorrow or Wednesday.

Phoenix migrations are scheduled, everyone currently on Phoenix will be moved to Ryzen first as we have to retire the Xeons there.

We are getting more space ready in Phoenix, if anyone signed up for a beta and is OK with Phoenix instead, please reply back (make sure you followed initial instructions already for beta beforehand) and we can begin your beta this week.

Japan is almost secured. Unless anything goes wrong with the deal, we should have that signed soon and with a good amount of IPv4 addresses.

Dallas and Chicago have hit a snag but we're trying to get back on track.

All other locations are essentially good to go and we're going to resume sending out servers in the next day or two, hopefully.

After Phoenix, a few Xeons in Los Angeles, Atlanta, NYC/Buffalo, San Jose, and Seattle are up next. There is some IPv4 shortage in certain locations so in those cases if there are excess services being migrated from Xeons, they will by default be moved to another Xeon for now or we'll try to give people a chance to move to another location instead that has IPv4 available (you'll receive communication.) Please note, this is just for the specific nodes that will receive migration notices, not everyone in those locations right now.

Storage node, I'll see if one can be shipped this week but we're going to prioritize Ryzens over them (most likely) for this week.

Any questions, let me know.