Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ASN & IPv6 /44 bundle for just ~$17/annually - Securebit AG
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ASN & IPv6 /44 bundle for just ~$17/annually - Securebit AG

securebitsecurebit Member, Host Rep

Hello LowEndTalk Users

Securebit AG provides virtual Servers, Colocation, Internet Resouces (ASN, IPv4, IPv6) and other Solutions in data centers in Europe (Zurich, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, London and Fremont).

Our services are based on latest HPE and DELL servers, offering outstanding performance and reliability . We also operate our own fully redundant network across multiple data centers.

Securebit AG was founded in 2018 and has more than 14 years of experience in the field of networks, virtualization and internet services.

Today we want to offer you some Autonomous System Numbers with IPv6:

ASN 16Bit with /44 IPv6 CHF 15/yr ($6.83/yr) - Order now
16 Bit Number (5digits or less)
IPv6 /44 PA
RPKI
RIPE Region
Webinterface (Cloud Manager)
CHF 85.00 ($95.36) one-off for setup

ASN 32Bit with /44 IPv6 CHF 15/yr ($6.83/yr) - Order now
32 Bit Number (6digits)
IPv6 /44 PA
RPKI
RIPE Region
Webinterface (Cloud Manager)
CHF 85.00 ($39.26) one-off for setup

More information about Autonomous System Numbers

Virtual Server with Internet Exchange VLAN and IP-Transit

VPS SBIX (1 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 10 GB HDD) CHF 10.00/mo ($11.22/mo) - Order now
1 Core @ 2.27GHz
1 GB ECC RAM
10 GB SAS Storage
1 Gbps (Shared)
1 IPv4 & IPv6 Address
IP-Transit (IPv4 & IPv6 Full Table) AS58057
Automatic Prefix Filter lists (updated daily)
1st NIC for Internet Access and IP-Transit
2nd NIC connected to the Securebit Internet Exchange Peering LAN

Optional with additional Internet Exchange Ports: 4IXP or SwissIX

Find out more about Securebit AG and our offers:

Contact us
Offers: [email protected]
Other: [email protected]

Thanked by 1sibaper

Comments

• $6.83/yr => $16.83/yr

• CHF 85.00 ($39.26) => CHF 35.00 ($39.26)

• JioJio Member

$100 setup, really shitty bait title

• @Jio said:
    $100 setup, really shitty bait title

I assume you do your job for free?

• JioJio Member

@marvel said: I assume you do your job for free?

I'm not commenting on the cost, I'm commenting on the fact that they intentionally left out a 10x setup fee in the thread title

• Maybe some dumbass questions: is an EU address required? and in terms of getting this actually routed to VPS in different locations/different providers, they all have to offer BGP for something smaller than a /44, is that right?

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tetech said:
    and in terms of getting this actually routed to VPS in different locations/different providers, they all have to offer BGP for something smaller than a /44, is that right?

They offer tunnels for that purpose: https://www.securebit.ch/internet/tunnel, but you would need to run your own BGP daemon.

• @brueggus said:

@tetech said:
    and in terms of getting this actually routed to VPS in different locations/different providers, they all have to offer BGP for something smaller than a /44, is that right?

They offer tunnels for that purpose: https://www.securebit.ch/internet/tunnel, but you would need to run your own BGP daemon.

That forces traffic through their POPs though, right? So pretty slow for APAC if the VPS is located there.

This is mostly useful for me if I can somehow do anycast - if I got it right, I announce the same range in multiple locations using BGP, but I need the cooperation of the VPS provider for that (or at least someone located nearby to provide a tunnel).

@tetech said: That forces traffic through their POPs though, right? So pretty slow for APAC if the VPS is located there.

Yup, correct. Here's a list of providers who offer BGP sessions: http://bgp.services/

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @brueggus said:

@tetech said: That forces traffic through their POPs though, right? So pretty slow for APAC if the VPS is located there.

Yup, correct. Here's a list of providers who offer BGP sessions: http://bgp.services/

Thanks for the list!

• Stay away from Securebit!

This is a one man comedy running from his parents basement (Similar to a lot of LET providers here).

The difference is that Kevin is a known scammer in Europe. He promises a lot. delivers nothing. ignores your message. and holds things you’ve paid for (ASN or IP space) hostage and blocks you from the control panels. This is not a lie I am a victim of his business and this is my personal experience

He is a regular topic of discussion in popular Germany/Switzerland/Austria networking telegram groups. some of them have banned talking about him and securebit because there are so many unhappy customers he has

To make this worse he is SCAMMING RIPE by doing things like applying for 16-bit ASNs with fake reasons (There has to be a real reason for example very old hardware but his network is all virtual tunnels so there is no real reason for it) and running multiple fake IXPs that are connected by tunnels instead of physical links. He is taking limited IXP IP resources away from groups that really need them.

His hardware is not new most of it is 4 generations old and the new ones he has are only for his personal use. His routers are cheap mikrotik ones with no backup links. So if it goes down you are also down for a long time.

Securebit is not a real business it is a guy in his basement pretending to be a business to pay for his personal geek projects.

You have been warned!

• @SecurebitSucksAG said:
    Stay away from Securebit!

This is a one man comedy running from his parents basement (Similar to a lot of LET providers here).

The difference is that Kevin is a known scammer in Europe. He promises a lot. delivers nothing. ignores your message. and holds things you’ve paid for (ASN or IP space) hostage and blocks you from the control panels. This is not a lie I am a victim of his business and this is my personal experience

He is a regular topic of discussion in popular Germany/Switzerland/Austria networking telegram groups. some of them have banned talking about him and securebit because there are so many unhappy customers he has

To make this worse he is SCAMMING RIPE by doing things like applying for 16-bit ASNs with fake reasons (There has to be a real reason for example very old hardware but his network is all virtual tunnels so there is no real reason for it) and running multiple fake IXPs that are connected by tunnels instead of physical links. He is taking limited IXP IP resources away from groups that really need them.

His hardware is not new most of it is 4 generations old and the new ones he has are only for his personal use. His routers are cheap mikrotik ones with no backup links. So if it goes down you are also down for a long time.

Securebit is not a real business it is a guy in his basement pretending to be a business to pay for his personal geek projects.

You have been warned!

Sad to hear your experience - especially it is your 1st post.

Mostly people would support their claim with screenshots such as ticket/invoice... Would you share with us?

• securebitsecurebit Member, Host Rep

@brueggus said:

@tetech said:

We also can route a /48 to tunnel, so BGP is not required, BGP is optional.

@SecurebitSucksAG said:
    Stay away from Securebit!

We are sorry that you seem to have had a bad experience.
    Please give us your customer number, we will of course solve the problem.
    we have more than 2500 customers, that speaks for itself.
    https://www.securebit.ch/about

• Out of ignorance and curiosity, what's the difference between a 16-bit and 32-bit ASN?

@pullangcubo said:
    Out of ignorance and curiosity, what's the difference between a 16-bit and 32-bit ASN?

16-bit ASNs work for routers from the stone age, 32-bit ones don't.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @brueggus

Ah, I see... So it's just a matter of backward compatibility and nothing more in terms of "features" or capabilities?

@pullangcubo said:
    @brueggus

Ah, I see... So it's just a matter of backward compatibility and nothing more in terms of "features" or capabilities?

Yep, correct. As long as you don't plan to do some really fancy stuff, there's no need to get a 16-bit ASN.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • Got it, thanks!

• @SecurebitSucksAG said: Stay away from Securebit!

Hm, these are to hard words, but I also have some issues.
    I had a Tunnel with a BGP-Session since 05.2020 which worked a few month. Since a few weeks ist was not possible to establish the BGP-Session. Since a few days this tunnel was deleted without any notification.
    I created a new tunnel, but it is also not working. TCP-Handshake is ok, but no BGP-Connection. Wireshark screenshot was send to Securebit, but I did not get any response till now. (TunnelID: 4170)
    I also send other messaged to securebit and also did not get any response.
    So at the moment Securebit isn`t usable.

• JioJio Member

@SecurebitSucksAG said: To make this worse he is SCAMMING RIPE by doing things like applying for 16-bit ASNs with fake reasons (There has to be a real reason for example very old hardware but his network is all virtual tunnels

While I can't speak for customers, I do see he has dozens of 16 bit ASN on fake virtual IXP with no traffic - there's absolutely no reason why your virtual tunnels need a 16 bit ASN and no technical justification for it, and registers org with fake address like Vatican City.

Thanked by 2drunkendog Daniel15

@007sascha said:

@SecurebitSucksAG said: Stay away from Securebit!

I had a Tunnel with a BGP-Session since 05.2020 which worked a few month.

Please note, you are using a free tunnel from tunnelbroker.ch and not from securebit.
    The response time for our free services can sometimes be delayed, but we will try to solve all client requests.
    We respond to your email today.

• @securebit said: Please note, you are using a free tunnel from tunnelbroker.ch and not from securebit. The response time for our free services can sometimes be delayed, but we will try to solve all client requests. We respond to your email today.

Now i got your response und the Tunnel is up again, thanks for that. Regarding response time, my first mail was 4 or 5 weeks ago.
    Yes it is free, so, thanks for the service ;)

• @securebit said:

@007sascha said:

@SecurebitSucksAG said: Stay away from Securebit!

I had a Tunnel with a BGP-Session since 05.2020 which worked a few month.

Please note, you are using a free tunnel from tunnelbroker.ch and not from securebit.
    The response time for our free services can sometimes be delayed, but we will try to solve all client requests.
    We respond to your email today.

At the end of the day, there is still your company listed in the footer and it's obvious that people will connect negative experiences encountered with tunnelbroker.ch with Securebit.

I am also very careful, I haven't been home (where I was using your German IPv6 tunnel) and now that I arrived I'm confronted with no IPv6 connectivity. I have checked my emails, no notification from your end! Later, I logged in and I see that my German IPv6 tunnel was deleted without any notice since you moved your German PoP to the 10 CHF/month premium plan. I'm sorry, but this absolutely not the way to gain trust of anyone.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

TunnelBroker.ch has Fremont location selectable again, but it seems to be single homed to Hurricane Electric. Thus, it would have higher latency than TunnelBroker.net. The only benefit is that Cloudflare would work.

edited January 2021

@salakis said: I logged in and I see that my German IPv6 tunnel was deleted without any notice

Same here.

@yoursunny said:
    TunnelBroker.ch has Fremont location selectable again, but it seems to be single homed to Hurricane Electric. Thus, it would have higher latency than TunnelBroker.net. The only benefit is that Cloudflare would work.

The (free, don't know about the paid ones) tunnels in Fremont don't work for me for months. I've given up on them.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@brueggus said:

@yoursunny said:

The (free, don't know about the paid ones) tunnels in Fremont don't work for me for months. I've given up on them.

TunnelBroker.ch FMT was working from Virmach LAX when I tried yesterday. However, its ping time was 14ms, compared 11ms of Hurricane Electric FMT 64.62.134.130, so there's not much benefit.

• This is the most expensive ASN service I have ever seen.$100 setup fee!!!

• @BigBigWolf said:
    This is the most expensive ASN service I have ever seen.$100 setup fee!!!

Huh, I can't comment about their service as I have never used them, but - $100 roughly translates into 2 hours of work.

While ASN registration at the RIPE NCC doesn't cost an LIR money immediately, that's quite a bit of manual paperwork. That, and possible future maintenance/de-registration, can easily take more than 2 hours. You should consider every provider offering ASN registration at such a price is basically doing at a loss...

Thanked by 3brueggus tomle Daniel15
  • Dear community,
    I am a user of tunnelbroker.ch
    I have been desperately trying to use the service for several days. I have my own ASN and my own prefix, so I checked the "BGP" box for the tunnel creation.
    The tunnel works correctly, but I can't establish a BGP session with their router.
    The status remains on "opensent". I tried to delete to recreate the tunnel, including from several different POPs, but still the same problem.
    I wrote to Kevin, who answered me within 2-3 days and advised me to rent a virtual machine from him.
    Have you ever had this problem? Can you get a tunnel to work at tunnelbroker.ch?