Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is that possible to self hosted encrypted email ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

is that possible to self hosted encrypted email ?

Hi there,
Im looking some solution. is that possible it can work with host open-source encrypted email with Switzerland vps ?

Comments

• just use proton, it's open source and in switzerland.

• Mailpile

I don't know how you would go about integrating it into what you want to do though

• ReaperofpowerReaperofpower Member
    edited January 2021

I use simplelogin.io for incoming mail it pgp encrypts it before sending it to my mailbox. so it will be stored encrypted. it was the most effective way I could do it compared to paying for protonmail

• SimpleLogin have a self-hosted version.

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited January 2021

@velton said:
    Hi there,
    Im looking some solution. is that possible it can work with host open-source encrypted email with Switzerland vps ?

You can but it’s almost useless. There is no such thing as an encrypted VPS. A dedicated server would be better but, still, theoretically not fully under your control.

My point is: you can encrypt your disk, you can use something like Mailcow that encrypts emails at rest, and why not, do that, but if someone really wants to see them, they will. Mailcow itself tells you where its key is.

Your best course of action is to pick a privacy friendly country to host your emails and use GPG as much as you can.

Or, host them at home with all the hassle that comes with it.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal