Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Need reliable SMTP for email sending for user registrations + more (not a spammer!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Need reliable SMTP for email sending for user registrations + more (not a spammer!)

Hi everyone, I'm in the middle of working on an SMTP class for sending emails out for a new project I'm working on. This isn't a mass sender per say - really part of a system I'm using for people to register within my project to receive their email credentials and / or verification emails to make sure clowns and bots aren't going to be on the system if people decide to use it.

Because it's an absolute startup, it's going to be pretty much me testing while I code so I suspect very low emails the first few months. As hopefully people register, those emails may increase (and I have no vision of whether it could be 10 per month or 1000 per month or 10,000 per month at this point though one would likely see the change as that comes by).

Long story short, I need something cheap at this point but works (minus I do not want to have to set up my own VPS and have to keep eyes on ip blacklisting though that should not happen with my usage - again though, rather have it outsourced so I can focus on the project - this is going to just start off with registration / password reset emails as far as my vision goes so far).

Any provider willing to supply or confirm whether they would be cool with this? Would like the price and what sort of email thresholds are allowed so I'm clear on how I go about this.

I was thinking about MXRoute / @jar unless he still has beef with me.
I also saw @seriesn offering cheap personal emails as well.

Any others from reputable providers are welcome so I can make a decision. Yearly offers would be great just so I don't have to keep remembering to pay for the service as well.

Thanks for reading and understanding, I know someone is going to call scam / spammer (very funny).

Thanked by 1seriesn

BF/CM Grabs: 1-GeorgeDataCenter, 1-Netcup, 1-Avoro, 1-PHP-Friends, 1-Virtono, 1-AlphaVPS, 1-VirMach ($1/year!), 1-MxRoute
Other VPS: 4-Virmachs

Comments

  • lentrolentro Member, Provider
    edited January 8

    The fact that you assume we will think you are sending spam is enough for me to think that you are a spammer :lol:

    If I remember correctly, @seriesn resells @jar so both are off limits if @jar "still has beef with [you]" (@risharde please elaborate -- I like drama :smirk: )

    FluidStack: Up to $600 Monthly For Your GPU(s) or Rent Affordable GPU Machines | VC-backed | 2,000+ Machines (aff link)
    ISODME: Web hosting | Managed VPS services | U.S. based support | High Uptime | isodme.com

  • DianTamaDianTama Member
    edited January 8

    if you are using it for transactional email,
    try to use amazon ses / SendGrid / mailgun

    It's easy to integrate, and it's relatively cheap.
    and it good option too if you were planning on going big

    Thanked by 2risharde the_doctor

    Freelance Web Developer & Web Designer - Available for hire | DT Server Status - My server uptime status

  • @lentro I hate to be on the end of drama as well especially here lol thanks for clarifying that seriesn resells mxroute, definitely will keep it in mind depending on how it goes. I just remembered that since the threshold is this low (Probably after doing a few iterations of the code, I'd probably need about 100 emails per month - I guess if I'm desperate I could use a cPanel account)

    @DianTama thanks for the suggestion, it is indeed a great suggestion - I don't want to be dependent on the bigger guys at the moment unless I have no other choice - plus I'd rather help / fund a LET provider who might need it more (even if it's very little?).

    BF/CM Grabs: 1-GeorgeDataCenter, 1-Netcup, 1-Avoro, 1-PHP-Friends, 1-Virtono, 1-AlphaVPS, 1-VirMach ($1/year!), 1-MxRoute
    Other VPS: 4-Virmachs

  • You can use SparkPost.
    During development: 500 emails per month free.
    Production: 50000 emails per month for $20.

    Remember: spam = account suspended.

    Thanked by 2risharde Doragon
  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider
    edited January 8

    @risharde said:
    Hi everyone, I'm in the middle of working on an SMTP class for sending emails out for a new project I'm working on. This isn't a mass sender per say - really part of a system I'm using for people to register within my project to receive their email credentials and / or verification emails to make sure clowns and bots aren't going to be on the system if people decide to use it.

    Because it's an absolute startup, it's going to be pretty much me testing while I code so I suspect very low emails the first few months. As hopefully people register, those emails may increase (and I have no vision of whether it could be 10 per month or 1000 per month or 10,000 per month at this point though one would likely see the change as that comes by).

    Long story short, I need something cheap at this point but works (minus I do not want to have to set up my own VPS and have to keep eyes on ip blacklisting though that should not happen with my usage - again though, rather have it outsourced so I can focus on the project - this is going to just start off with registration / password reset emails as far as my vision goes so far).

    Any provider willing to supply or confirm whether they would be cool with this? Would like the price and what sort of email thresholds are allowed so I'm clear on how I go about this.

    I was thinking about MXRoute / @jar unless he still has beef with me.
    I also saw @seriesn offering cheap personal emails as well.

    Any others from reputable providers are welcome so I can make a decision. Yearly offers would be great just so I don't have to keep remembering to pay for the service as well.

    Thanks for reading and understanding, I know someone is going to call scam / spammer (very funny).

    Ahoy. Don’t know what you did to tick Jar jar off.

    @300/hour limit, you should be solid here :)

    You can give Jarland your money or save pretty penny and share the love with me :). Both works :)

    If you don’t need mass mailing, our basic plan is more than plenty. For bigger volume, mailgun is pretty nifty :)

    Thanked by 1risharde
  • @risharde said:
    @lentro I hate to be on the end of drama as well especially here lol thanks for clarifying that seriesn resells mxroute, definitely will keep it in mind depending on how it goes. I just remembered that since the threshold is this low (Probably after doing a few iterations of the code, I'd probably need about 100 emails per month - I guess if I'm desperate I could use a cPanel account)

    @DianTama thanks for the suggestion, it is indeed a great suggestion - I don't want to be dependent on the bigger guys at the moment unless I have no other choice - plus I'd rather help / fund a LET provider who might need it more (even if it's very little?).

    Any reason you specifically want to avoid using SES/other transactional provider? SES particularly has flexible billing which would practically be free at such low volume. And if you're sending via EC2 instance, you get 62,000 free per month.

    I'd avoid mailgun, I had some emails get sent into "promotional" for gmail. SES has been very reliable though.

    Thanked by 1risharde
  • jarjar Provider
    edited January 8

    I was thinking about MXRoute / @jar unless he still has beef with me.

    Absolutely not. No beef. Bring chicken.

  • BertieBertie Member
    edited January 8

    @xethost has a SMTP server offering:

    https://members.xethost.com/store/smtp-service

    There's a free tier of 50 emails for testing.

    Thanked by 1risharde
  • NyrNyr Member

    @Bertie said: SMTP server offering

    The free offer does not provide DKIM signing, so sadly it is useless for anything other than testing.

    Thanked by 2risharde Bertie
  • use AWS and be happy.

    Thanked by 1risharde

    We only support unsupported OS!

  • Thanks guys, I ended up purchasing the BF deal from @jar / MXRoute. I must say, the instructions to get emails going were spot on and I can confirm receiving user registration test emails directly to my gmail which is great! If the system ever grows beyond, I'll consider the other well recommended services. Thank you so much!

    Thanked by 2jar seriesn

    BF/CM Grabs: 1-GeorgeDataCenter, 1-Netcup, 1-Avoro, 1-PHP-Friends, 1-Virtono, 1-AlphaVPS, 1-VirMach ($1/year!), 1-MxRoute
    Other VPS: 4-Virmachs

  • @risharde said:
    I ended up purchasing the BF deal from @jar / MXRoute.

    Did you receive chicken?

    Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Provider

    @yoursunny said:

    @risharde said:
    I ended up purchasing the BF deal from @jar / MXRoute.

    Did you receive chicken?

    I can only keep trying

Sign In or Register to comment.