Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal hosting and email
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Personal hosting and email

Hello,

I am looking for a personal email provider (for professional use) and personal website hosting (to host my CV and other accomplishments). I do not need a lot of disk space for the website since only HTML CSS files are used.
Please suggest me options, for long-term usage.
I am not looking to pay high.

Thank you.

Comments

• Just buy domain and hosted on blogger.
    It's html and css only.
    Free, Fast and Furious.

• @Slman said:
    Hello,

I am looking for a personal email provider (for professional use) and personal website hosting (to host my CV and other accomplishments). I do not need a lot of disk space for the website since only HTML CSS files are used.

Thank you.

You may contact:

@seriesn
    https://my.nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=32

I am sure they are not the cheapest, but you will be impressed by the helpfulness and responsiveness at help tickets.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @tokoyuki said:
    Just buy domain and hosted on blogger.
    It's html and css only.
    Free, Fast and Furious.

and the email part?

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited January 2021

@swat4 said:

@Slman said:
    Hello,

Thank you.

You may contact:

@seriesn

I am sure they are not the cheapest, but you will be impressed by the helpfulness and responsiveness at help tickets.

Adding to this, if you check their web hosting plans the cheapest one is $1.25/mo and comes with email so you should be able to get all of OP requirements in that one small bill.
    Sure there are probably even cheaper hosts especially if you pay annual but its still a small price to pay for a quality service from a provider that comes highly recommended around here.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @Slman said:

@tokoyuki said:
    It's html and css only.
    Free, Fast and Furious.

and the email part?

MXroute, very prem..

• @chocolateshirt said:

@Slman said:

@tokoyuki said:
    It's html and css only.
    Free, Fast and Furious.

and the email part?

MXroute, very prem..

A little expensive to be honest here

• For static website, you can use github pages. Digital ocean probably has free static site hosting. You can check varcel, heroku too.

For email, you can use zoho mail. Or get 5$ year MXRoute plan from https://mxroute.blackfriday/ here.

• @Slman said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@Slman said:

@tokoyuki said:
    It's html and css only.
    Free, Fast and Furious.

and the email part?

MXroute, very prem..

A little expensive to be honest here

"MXroute" and "expensive" do not belong in the same sentence.

You say it's for professional use. $40/year isn't expensive if it's going to be used professionally. How much do you value your e-mail?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
  • Deploy a KeyHelp on any lowend VPS.
    Make sure that you're defined and applied a backup policy, and monitor your IP reputation.

• I just got a small VPS from @hostworld for the same usage. Personal site and email with heatiacp.

Thanked by 1themew
  • @Slman said:

@tokoyuki said:
    It's html and css only.
    Free, Fast and Furious.

and the email part?

zohomail, free.

• @swat4 said:

@Slman said:
    Hello,

Thank you.

You may contact:

@seriesn

@Erisa said:

@swat4 said:

@Slman said:
    Hello,

Thank you.

You may contact:

@seriesn

Adding to this, if you check their web hosting plans the cheapest one is $1.25/mo and comes with email so you should be able to get all of OP requirements in that one small bill.
    Sure there are probably even cheaper hosts especially if you pay annual but its still a small price to pay for a quality service from a provider that comes highly recommended around here.

Thank you for the Kind words fam <3

@Slman said:
    Hello,

Thank you.

Join the family boss (https://nexusbytes.com), for basic email hosting, our regular webhosting plan would more than sufficient.

Our free hosting plan might also work (https://servedez.com). Please do note, it is free, so might be a bit limited, however, for static content, you should be good :)

We do offer premium email hosting, however, if you don't need much for your email, Zoho Email is always free.

• edited January 2021

@Tejy said:
    Make sure that you're defined and applied a backup policy,

And make sure that policy includes the backups being off-site and that the policy includes testing the backups regularly.

and monitor your IP reputation.

This can be quite a concern. If you end up on a significant blacklist it can be a lot of faf to get removed again, and from all the blacklists that source data from that list.

Add a well-defined security policy including keeping all your systems bang up-to-date with security patches - you don't want to accidentally spew junk due to a hack as that can guarantee getting blacklisted if not caught quickly.

I host my own mail, but mainly because I have for many years. I'm not sure I'd recommend anyone starting out new to take on the administrative overhead for just their own mail (running a hosting provider for others is a different kettle of fish) unless they have specific requirements that make paying a small amount for a good hosted solution impractical.

(though even if using a paid hosted solution: be paranoid and maintain your own backups)

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Use GitHub pages, s3, firebase host or other similar services

• @MeAtExampleDotCom said: and monitor your IP reputation.

This can be quite a concern. If you end up on a significant blacklist it can be a lot of faf to get removed again, and from all the blacklists that source data from that list.

With shared hosting, if your IP is shared, 99% of the time it will be blacklisted.

• @smallbibi said:
    With shared hosting, if your IP is shared, 99% of the time it will be blacklisted.

Yes. Though the posts I was replying to WRT running your own mail server were regarding VPS hosting, not shared web hosting where running your own directly is not possible. With a VPS and a dedicated IP address you won't have potentially unscrupulous (or just insecure) others sending mail from the same source. Though you might have issues if the address was previously assigned to a bad actor.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

Check out our web hosting plans
    https://my.webhorizon.in/order/main/index/ssd-shared
    The smallest plan is just $4.5 to cover your requirements for one year.
    That includes 1GB premium Mxroute email hosting (includes custom domain) + hosting for your website.
    Off-site backups and all other buffs are included!

Let me know if any questions :)

• Mail and hosting, @MikePT

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Smallweb

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2021

@elliotc said:
    Mail and hosting, @MikePT

Thanks mate!

Our plans would indeed suit his needs!

• If it's just static, surge (https://surge.sh) might be helpful.

Thanked by 1twiigl