Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Bluehost India vs Hostinger for WordPress, which one to chose?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Bluehost India vs Hostinger for WordPress, which one to chose?

A client has come with some requirement such as this-

100 GB ssd storage, looking at 20,000 users on website daily, min 200 GB bandwidth, email and SSL as well.

I think most plans cover this, but from a performance point of view, which one is better?

Need your views on this. thanks!

Comments

  • Both are terrible. These guys will serve you well:

    https://www.hostdime.com/

    Thanked by 2JasonM kkrajk
  • KodisKodis Member without signature

    None...
    Why you need 100GB ssd? Shared hosting always has inode limits and you won't host as many files as you want.
    Also you will have problems with php limits and etc.

    Better choose something like Digitalocean or similar and use pannel like: ploi.io, runcloud etc.

    Thanked by 1JasonM
  • JasonMJasonM Member

    Bluehost is crap
    Hostinger is more crap.
    avoid both hosts. They are not premium hosts to help you host 100GB site and those thousands of visitors! They'll limit your disk I/O, RAM and CPU.
    If that site is on WordPress CMS, then better get a low-end VPS with 1 or 2 CPU, 1 OR 1.5GB RAM,

  • Actually, the question is good. Where to find low cost VPS in India? It seems India is premium location...

  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited January 8

    Both are shite.

    Buy a VPS from Linode (in Mumbai) or DigitalOcean (in Bangalore). Install CyberPanel, which installs OpenLiteSpeed as well. You have a control panel as well as a WordPress installer in one command.

    If you don't mind hosting in Singapore, I'd suggest NexusBytes/@seriesn. They provide a paid control panel (DirectAdmin) for free along with their servers. Another plus is that they support Indian currency, so PayPal is not needed, pay directly in your currency and save the currency conversion fee.

    Thanked by 1seriesn
  • swat4swat4 Member

    @LTniger said:
    Actually, the question is good. Where to find low cost VPS in India? It seems India is premium location...

    @BharatB can do magic for you in India :)

    Looking for cure for my desire in collecting idling boxes in exotic locations.

    Don't know what SWAT4 is? check https://swat4-hosting.party out :)

  • swat4swat4 Member

    MS said:

    If you don't mind hosting in Singapore, I'd suggest NexusBytes/@seriesn. They provide a paid control panel (DirectAdmin) for free along with their servers. Another plus is that they support Indian currency, so PayPal is not needed, pay directly in your currency and save the currency conversion fee.

    +1 for @seriesn

    Signed up for a shared hosting plan and built a small website for a friend. The suite has many useful tools to use. :+1:

    Thanked by 1seriesn

    Looking for cure for my desire in collecting idling boxes in exotic locations.

    Don't know what SWAT4 is? check https://swat4-hosting.party out :)

  • MS said:
    Both are shite.

    support Indian currency, so PayPal is not needed, pay directly in your currency and save the currency conversion fee.

    You guys pay for currency exchange? My bank(s) convert money based on current exchange rate and doesn't take any fee.

  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited January 8

    @uzaysan said:

    MS said:
    Both are shite.

    support Indian currency, so PayPal is not needed, pay directly in your currency and save the currency conversion fee.

    You guys pay for currency exchange? My bank(s) convert money based on current exchange rate and doesn't take any fee.

    If you pay using PayPal then it's always going to be higher than the official conversion rate because they add their own currency conversion fee.

    Here is says:

    Converting balance and payments received into another currency
    3.00% above the base exchange rate (to form the transaction exchange rate)

    Further down the page, it also says 4% for INR.

  • MS said:

    @uzaysan said:

    MS said:
    Both are shite.

    support Indian currency, so PayPal is not needed, pay directly in your currency and save the currency conversion fee.

    You guys pay for currency exchange? My bank(s) convert money based on current exchange rate and doesn't take any fee.

    If you pay using PayPal then it's always going to be higher than the official conversion rate because they add their own currency conversion fee.

    Here is says:

    Converting balance and payments received into another currency
    3.00% above the base exchange rate (to form the transaction exchange rate)

    If you pay using paypal with a card, you have the option to choose which currency to pay in. Most banks charge somewhere around 2-3% conversion so it is usually better not to pay using local currency with paypal.

    But of course, there are banks that charge way less than 2%, and some services even charge you 0% and earn a commission from other fees.

    Thanked by 1_MS_
  • _MS__MS_ Member

    @smallbibi said:

    MS said:

    @uzaysan said:

    MS said:
    Both are shite.

    support Indian currency, so PayPal is not needed, pay directly in your currency and save the currency conversion fee.

    You guys pay for currency exchange? My bank(s) convert money based on current exchange rate and doesn't take any fee.

    If you pay using PayPal then it's always going to be higher than the official conversion rate because they add their own currency conversion fee.

    Here is says:

    Converting balance and payments received into another currency
    3.00% above the base exchange rate (to form the transaction exchange rate)

    If you pay using paypal with a card, you have the option to choose which currency to pay in. Most banks charge somewhere around 2-3% conversion so it is usually better not to pay using local currency with paypal.

    But of course, there are banks that charge way less than 2%, and some services even charge you 0% and earn a commission from other fees.

    That's good to know. I'll check this the next time I use PayPal. Thanks.

  • @leapswitch Leapswitch Shared Hosting is excellent with budget pricing. They have responsive support and provide Shared Hosting from Pune.

    https://leapswitch.com/

    Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    MS said:
    Both are shite.

    Buy a VPS from Linode (in Mumbai) or DigitalOcean (in Bangalore). Install CyberPanel, which installs OpenLiteSpeed as well. You have a control panel as well as a WordPress installer in one command.

    If you don't mind hosting in Singapore, I'd suggest NexusBytes/@seriesn. They provide a paid control panel (DirectAdmin) for free along with their servers. Another plus is that they support Indian currency, so PayPal is not needed, pay directly in your currency and save the currency conversion fee.

    @swat4 said:

    MS said:

    If you don't mind hosting in Singapore, I'd suggest NexusBytes/@seriesn. They provide a paid control panel (DirectAdmin) for free along with their servers. Another plus is that they support Indian currency, so PayPal is not needed, pay directly in your currency and save the currency conversion fee.

    +1 for @seriesn

    Signed up for a shared hosting plan and built a small website for a friend. The suite has many useful tools to use. :+1:

    Thank you for the kind mentions Fam <3>

    @Ragas78 said:

    A client has come with some requirement such as this-

    100 GB ssd storage, looking at 20,000 users on website daily, min 200 GB bandwidth, email and SSL as well.

    I think most plans cover this, but from a performance point of view, which one is better?

    Need your views on this. thanks!

    Boss,
    Something is off about that requirement. 200GB of monthly transfer for 100GB of usable storage doesn't add up. If it does, client needs a VPS as any shared hosting with that much guaranteed storage will end up costing more.

    Thanked by 1_MS_
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 8

    @Ragas78 said:
    A client has come with some requirement such as this-

    100 GB ssd storage, looking at 20,000 users on website daily, min 200 GB bandwidth, email and SSL as well.

    I think most plans cover this, but from a performance point of view, which one is better?

    Need your views on this. thanks!

    Your client needs a strong cup of coffee for starters. If they are hell bent on shitty hosts, then GoDaddy, should also be added to the list. If none of the below works, fire your client.
    Coming to reality,

    a. Will you set up account and manage it on behalf of client, or will you set up account for the client and eventually transfer?
    b. GST yay or nay?
    c. Bad idea to host email with web host.
    Zoho or GSuite or Office265 (in that order) for email
    d. As others have said, users/ storage/bandwidth math does not work out.

    e. Are they looking for hosting IN India, or a provider FROM India?
    Both are significantly different questions to answer.

    • In case looking for provider with hosting IN India, CloudJiffy @leapswitch is an option to consider. Add VPS to the mix, you get ReadyDedis @bharatB.
    • In case looking for provider FROM India, you can add Visualweb Technologies @rajat to your list. The man has been on a rampage with some nice offers over the past couple of months (BFCM/ Christmas/NYE). Though mostly US or Singapore, latter makes an attractive option.

    f. Message @seriesn or any provider you accepts INR. Ask them who their payment processor is.Do your sanity checks. I have mentioned the reasons in the past, including this forum.

    Edit: updated post to correctly reflect the brand from Leapswitch.

    Thanked by 2leapswitch seriesn
  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Provider

    @Ragas78 said:
    A client has come with some requirement such as this-

    100 GB ssd storage, looking at 20,000 users on website daily, min 200 GB bandwidth, email and SSL as well.

    I think most plans cover this, but from a performance point of view, which one is better?

    Need your views on this. thanks!

    Do you need Hosting over an Indian server or US/EU ?

    XiNiX™ InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. ( Since - 2005 ) : Virtual & Dedicated in United States / Europe & India

  • leapswitchleapswitch Member, Provider

    Thank you for the recommendations.

    Under our CloudJiffy brand, we also have Specialized WordPress hosting - https://cloudjiffy.com/solutions/wordpress-cluster

    Leapswitch Networks - Affordable Managed and UnManaged VPS
    Pune/Mumbai, India - Asheville, USA - Lisbon, Portugal - Kiev, Ukraine - Barcelona, Spain - Frankfurt, Germany

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @vyas11 said: f. Message @seriesn or any provider you accepts INR. Ask them who their payment processor is.Do your sanity checks. I have mentioned the reasons in the past, including this foru

    Payssion is still asking for ID?

  • vyas11vyas11 Member

    @seriesn said:

    @vyas11 said: f. Message @seriesn or any provider you accepts INR. Ask them who their payment processor is.Do your sanity checks. I have mentioned the reasons in the past, including this foru

    Payssion is still asking for ID?

    Don't poke the bear during hibernation time

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @vyas11 said:

    @seriesn said:

    @vyas11 said: f. Message @seriesn or any provider you accepts INR. Ask them who their payment processor is.Do your sanity checks. I have mentioned the reasons in the past, including this foru

    Payssion is still asking for ID?

    Don't poke the bear during hibernation time

    Push-up time. Bye.

  • IamMadIamMad Member

    Check @leapswitch or @BharatB
    Or you can try Linode or DigitalOcean if you only need Indian datacenter

    Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • rajatrajat Member, Provider

    @vyas11 said:

    @Ragas78 said:
    A client has come with some requirement such as this-

    100 GB ssd storage, looking at 20,000 users on website daily, min 200 GB bandwidth, email and SSL as well.

    I think most plans cover this, but from a performance point of view, which one is better?

    Need your views on this. thanks!

    Your client needs a strong cup of coffee for starters. If they are hell bent on shitty hosts, then GoDaddy, should also be added to the list. If none of the below works, fire your client.
    Coming to reality,

    a. Will you set up account and manage it on behalf of client, or will you set up account for the client and eventually transfer?
    b. GST yay or nay?
    c. Bad idea to host email with web host.
    Zoho or GSuite or Office265 (in that order) for email
    d. As others have said, users/ storage/bandwidth math does not work out.

    e. Are they looking for hosting IN India, or a provider FROM India?
    Both are significantly different questions to answer.

    • In case looking for provider with hosting IN India, CloudJiffy @leapswitch is an option to consider. Add VPS to the mix, you get ReadyDedis @bharatB.
    • In case looking for provider FROM India, you can add Visualweb Technologies @rajat to your list. The man has been on a rampage with some nice offers over the past couple of months (BFCM/ Christmas/NYE). Though mostly US or Singapore, latter makes an attractive option.

    f. Message @seriesn or any provider you accepts INR. Ask them who their payment processor is.Do your sanity checks. I have mentioned the reasons in the past, including this forum.

    Edit: updated post to correctly reflect the brand from Leapswitch.

    Thanks for mentioning @vyas11

Sign In or Register to comment.